You are not connected. Please login or register

» Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » the CTRL keys on my lap top stopped working.

the CTRL keys on my lap top stopped working.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1the CTRL keys on my lap top stopped working. Empty the CTRL keys on my lap top stopped working. on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:36 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
so many of you are computer savy maybe one of you can help me. I bought this samsung notebook a few months ago and when i bought it the CTRL keys werenèt working I took it back to the shop and the guys just changed the keyboard settings and they worked. Both CTRL keys aren't working again. don't know how, don't know why. can anyone help me out here? take me thru some steps????

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
"werenèt"

looks like your keyboard or language setting is set to something other than US/English

I used MAC. I can't remember off the top of my head how to change it. I'll look when I get to work - o n my work computer.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
That looks more like a bilingual (or french) keyboard setting than non-working control keys. How are they not working? Like pressing them makes no difference? Have you tried re-starting Windows?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
If that, alone, doesn't work, you might have to re-install the driver for the keyboard. There's instructions for that in one of the replies here:
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-279865.html

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
it's set to US on the language and I have tried restarting it.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
control panel
region and language
location - United States
keyboards and languages - change keyboards -
delete all other languages except US
keyboard US
ok

restart

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Number Twenty Nine wrote:control panel
region and language
location - United States
keyboards and languages - change keyboards -
delete all other languages except US
keyboard US
ok

restart
I hoped and prayed and tried it and nothing changed. both my CTRL keys aren't working. I'm sorry i'm not KL cuz i'd bring it back to the store and carefuly place it thru their window.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran
I'm just a computer layman here, the "è" problem happens to my father, and the way I fix it is by pressing Ctrl + Shift. If the 'è' is happening everytime you press apostrophe, then this could very well be the problem.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
before you destroy it, create another new user account, log in and try that.

10the CTRL keys on my lap top stopped working. Empty Re: the CTRL keys on my lap top stopped working. on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Have you tried re-installing the drivers? From the link I posted:

01. Go to Settings ---> Control Panel ---> Performance ---> System.

02. In the System dialog box, choose Hardware.

03. Go into Device Manager.

04. Find Keyboard in the list.

05. Click on Properties.

05. Disable the Keyboard.

Now you must restart your computer. When it starts up again, it will automatically recognise your keyboard as a 'new' device and re-apply the drivers from your XP operating system, as they were before you got them messed up.

It will again ask you to restart. Click yes. When your computer starts up again, it will magically restore whatever keys that got stuck, or wouldn't work. Tada!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum