You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/eric-fehr-says-trade-to-winnipeg-came-as-a-shock/2011/07/12/gIQA1Bt4AI_blog.html

Fehr praised Alex Ovechkin at length, calling him “a great leader” who is “really well liked” inside the Caps dressing room, but he had a telling response when asked about the team’s defensive shift last season.

“They were definitely trying to buy in,” he said of his teammates. “I know for the Russian players, defense is not always the first thing on their mind, but it was definitely something we worked on last year, and I think it showed in the goals-against that the team had. It’s definitely a different style of play for those guys.”

Fehr was also asked how Bruce Boudreau had changed during the move from Hershey to the big time.

“He definitely had to change his style a little bit in the National Hockey League, coaching these real high-end players, high-end talents,” Fehr said. “It’s a bit of a different approach, I think. He changed the way he coached a little bit moving up to the higher level.”

“[NHL players] definitely have to like you, I think that’s one of the main things. And you want to try to make it so the players are wanting to play for you, so it’s really a fine line between making sure they’re working their hardest and trying to keep them happy. It’s probably one of the most difficult jobs in the world, I think, to work with some of these star players.”

Interesting comments from Eric Fehr(re: Russian players and coaching).

Kind of applies to the Sens (Filatov and Clouston the past 2+ years).

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
St. Louis is collecting our scraps.

First Elliott now Cheechoo Laughing3

Maybe we can send them Kuba ?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
somebody just phoned the house and left a message...it was a telemarkter talking to some other homeowner, who said they weren't interested? What the hell was that?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:somebody just phoned the house and left a message...it was a telemarkter talking to some other homeowner, who said they weren't interested? What the hell was that?

WTF...I wonder what else you can overhear.... Vertigo

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/eric-fehr-says-trade-to-winnipeg-came-as-a-shock/2011/07/12/gIQA1Bt4AI_blog.html

Fehr praised Alex Ovechkin at length, calling him “a great leader” who is “really well liked” inside the Caps dressing room, but he had a telling response when asked about the team’s defensive shift last season.

“They were definitely trying to buy in,” he said of his teammates. “I know for the Russian players, defense is not always the first thing on their mind, but it was definitely something we worked on last year, and I think it showed in the goals-against that the team had. It’s definitely a different style of play for those guys.”

Fehr was also asked how Bruce Boudreau had changed during the move from Hershey to the big time.

“He definitely had to change his style a little bit in the National Hockey League, coaching these real high-end players, high-end talents,” Fehr said. “It’s a bit of a different approach, I think. He changed the way he coached a little bit moving up to the higher level.”

“[NHL players] definitely have to like you, I think that’s one of the main things. And you want to try to make it so the players are wanting to play for you, so it’s really a fine line between making sure they’re working their hardest and trying to keep them happy. It’s probably one of the most difficult jobs in the world, I think, to work with some of these star players.”

Interesting comments from Eric Fehr(re: Russian players and coaching).

Kind of applies to the Sens (Filatov and Clouston the past 2+ years).
finally some honesty coming from an NHL player. he should be interviewed more. this is the kind of response no one is giving these days. it's not bashing anyone but paints the reality of the NHL.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:St. Louis is collecting our scraps.

First Elliott now Cheechoo Laughing3

Maybe we can send them Kuba ?
why? did they sign Kovalev? Sarcasm
if you're picking thru the trash you might as well take the whole garbage can.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
CBJs Christian Huselius will require surgery after injuring himself during workouts in Sweden. Out 4-6 Months.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Da lil Guy wrote:CBJs Christian Huselius will require surgery after injuring himself during workouts in Sweden. Out 4-6 Months.

Whoa, that's not good...there goes a Kuba for Huselius swap.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Yeah, and the market for a second line centre may have gotten more crowded as well.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Shane O'Brien signs in Colorado.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

He's a former 1st rounder and ready to step in and contribute now. Giving up a 2nd rounder for a team that has a need to fill (small but fast -- very fast, and is pretty good on face offs) is not a big deal. For a rebuilding team like the Sens, for sure, it makes little sense, but for the Ducks, why not?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Why-the-Oilers-cut-ties-with-Andrew-Cogliano-in-;_ylt=AlqK9XpVCzh9Bi8xYT911N17vLYF?urn=nhl-wp9024

His faceoff winning percentage was atrocious: 41.6 percent last season (461-647) after posting a 43-percent winning percentage in the previous season. That was one reason why blogger Tyler Dellow didn't see Cogliano as a long-term prospect for the Oilers last September, the others being that "he isn't really a guy who creates a lot of offence or one who is particularly good defensively.

Someone (probably on twitter) said he was good on face offs. Maybe that was relative to the rest of the Oilers.
He seems pretty bad on faceoffs.

Found it:

AnaheimDucks Anaheim Ducks
Did you know-- Cogliano won fastest skater competition at 2009 #NHL #SuperSkills. Also led EDM in faceoff wins last year.

He may have been bad but he was the best of all the Oilers.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
"Behold the Gold" -- the Preds unveil (unleash?) their new unis:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league 2011-07-13_19.48.34

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/7/13/2274284/new-nashville-predators-home-jerseys-official#storyjump

"I tawt I taw a puddy-tat."

Wow, that's a lotta yella.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I have to admit that I like some of the detailing -- the keyboard trim *inside* and the guitar strings across the numbers.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league 0713-nsh-newroads

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Except no-one will see the keyboard, and most aren't going to "get" the strings.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just noticed this on capgeek.com today...

"RACE TO THE FLOOR"

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_floor.php

Too funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum