GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I have to admit that I like some of the detailing -- the keyboard trim *inside* and the guitar strings across the numbers.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 0713-nsh-newroads

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Except no-one will see the keyboard, and most aren't going to "get" the strings.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just noticed this on capgeek.com today...

"RACE TO THE FLOOR"

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_floor.php

Too funny.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LeBrun joins TSN...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371729

ESPN / TSN partnership.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pronger still recovering from sugery... may not be ready for training camp...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371660

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 Pronger_smirk_big_37178

Hilarious pic...

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
According to Adam Proteau, your 3rd least improved team of the summer:

3. Ottawa Senators
Speaking of total disasters, have you seen what currently projects to be Ottawa’s second forward line? Its 2011 first round draft pick Mika Zibanejad centering Nick Foligno and Bobby Butler. I’m surprised schlock movie director Michael Bay isn’t lobbying to film that trio.

Then there’s the Senators’ defense, which is comprised of two slightly mobile turnstiles (Sergei Gonchar and Filip Kuba), a 21-year-old up-and-comer in Erik Karlsson, and a depreciating asset named Chris Phillips.

Given that information, it is nothing short of baffling to think of what GM Bryan Murray did this summer. He signed Zenon Konopka to toughen up Ottawa’s fourth line when the team already had a tough guy in Chris Neil. And he signed Alex Auld to back up Craig Anderson in net. This is akin to someone who is burdened with a Jimmy Durante schnozz opting for laser eye surgery and a pedicure. See you at the draft lottery, Sens fans.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Proteau has a hate-on for the Sens...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
dennycrane wrote:According to Adam Proteau, your 3rd least improved team of the summer:

3. Ottawa Senators
Speaking of total disasters, have you seen what currently projects to be Ottawa’s second forward line? Its 2011 first round draft pick Mika Zibanejad centering Nick Foligno and Bobby Butler. I’m surprised schlock movie director Michael Bay isn’t lobbying to film that trio.

Then there’s the Senators’ defense, which is comprised of two slightly mobile turnstiles (Sergei Gonchar and Filip Kuba), a 21-year-old up-and-comer in Erik Karlsson, and a depreciating asset named Chris Phillips.

Given that information, it is nothing short of baffling to think of what GM Bryan Murray did this summer. He signed Zenon Konopka to toughen up Ottawa’s fourth line when the team already had a tough guy in Chris Neil. And he signed Alex Auld to back up Craig Anderson in net. This is akin to someone who is burdened with a Jimmy Durante schnozz opting for laser eye surgery and a pedicure. See you at the draft lottery, Sens fans.

:KKK: Yay! Another lottery pick!!! Does Adam not know that that's probably the best outcome to next season? Would anyone have said the same about Pittsburgh drafting 4 times in the top 2?

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
It's a rebuild, what would you expect? I think the Sens finish 22nd in the league or so. It could be a good line in 2-3 years. Unfortunately it would probably be the top line.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
I think it will be Peter Regin centering Nick Foligno and Bobby Butler. That has the potential to be worse still.

Proteau's Sens hate notwithstanding - I do think there are some folks out there who need to be reminded this will not be a top team next year.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran
Agreed. It looks like a team that can do some damage in 3-4 years.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Proteau also says nothing about the Sens acquiring Filatov, and basically criticizes us for doing what he's criticizing the flames for not doing.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
The Hockey News is the tabloid of Hockey Publications.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're owned by Rupert Murdoch and they get their info by hacking NHL players/GMs cell-phones.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
dennycrane wrote:According to Adam Proteau, your 3rd least improved team of the summer:

3. Ottawa Senators

Wow, unbelievable. I'm going to have to change my son's name now. I *knew* I should have never named him "Proteau".

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
Proteau is a total tool box. He gets basic facts wrong and then, when readers point it out in the comments' section, he deletes the post AND bans them. I speak from experience.

My cats are smarter, and better writers to boot, than him. He makes Bruce Garrioch look like the second coming of Cervantes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
rooneypoo wrote:Proteau is a total tool box. He gets basic facts wrong and then, when readers point it out in the comments' section, he deletes the post AND bans them. I speak from experience.

My cats are smarter, and better writers to boot, than him. He makes Bruce Garrioch look like the second coming of Cervantes.

Here's a Proto tool box Smile

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 50063

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I have to admit that I like some of the detailing -- the keyboard trim *inside* and the guitar strings across the numbers.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 0713-nsh-newroads
wow I'm a guitar player and I think it's tacky. good job trying to reach out to the redneckscowboys.
what's the super yellow look for.. representing weat fields? seriously... good team, good hockey personel seriously crap at marketing their franchise..

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Now that is a nice move.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum