You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
dennycrane wrote:I thought the biggest problem was the title of the article. As far as changing the on-ice product at the NHL level, the Sens did nothing but that was by design.

Exactly.

Hoags


All-Star
All-Star
dennycrane wrote:I thought the biggest problem was the title of the article. As far as changing the on-ice product at the NHL level, the Sens did nothing but that was by design.

I'd say that's wrong because we made the vast majority of our changes at the deadline and now we're just maintaining course.

Auld was a good signing and Filatov an excellent low risk/high reward trade.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
well for what it's worth I give the sens a B+ for their work in the off season and the rebuild.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
Da lil Guy wrote:Never has such a convincing case been made for Israel's right to exist (in hockey tournaments).
nice move.

question: has any israely player ever been given a look by an NHL organization?

I remember one kasakstan goalie getting a bit of a buzz but that's it for obscure NHL countries. France has recently(10 years?) came out with some alright players. Huet and dacosta come to mind but it be neat to see an Izraely player make some Buzz. apperently theres some really enthusiastic hockey fans down there.

Israeli.

And he's certainly Russian. Lots and lots of Russians in Israel, so you can understand the passion for hockey. Of course it's a great game, too.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:well for what it's worth I give the sens a B+ for their work in the off season and the rebuild.

I'll play devil's advocate here.

Why didn't they get an A?

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:well for what it's worth I give the sens a B+ for their work in the off season and the rebuild.

I'll play devil's advocate here.

Why didn't they get an A?

They brought in a 4C when the need is at 2C and have so far failed to create needed space on the blueline - which has caused a few decent pieces in Bingo to walk.

sandysensfan


Veteran
Veteran
shabbs wrote:Just noticed this on capgeek.com today...

"RACE TO THE FLOOR"

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_floor.php

Too funny.

I think the number of players max that an NHL team can carry is 23... so Colorado is about 3M below that with 23 players.. so what will they do...

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Three words:

Filip Kuba: Saviour.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Da lil Guy wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:well for what it's worth I give the sens a B+ for their work in the off season and the rebuild.

I'll play devil's advocate here.

Why didn't they get an A?

They brought in a 4C when the need is at 2C and have so far failed to create needed space on the blueline - which has caused a few decent pieces in Bingo to walk.

What kind of 2C though? Morrison, Prospal or someone you'd have to sign longer? If it's a stop gap, then I agree, a 1 year for a veteran that we can trade at the deadline would have been nice, but this allows for Regin, Da Costa, ZIbanejad and perhaps a surprise or two to fight it out in training camp/pre-season. Maybe even Foligo.

As for the blueline, I think they've tried to trade Kuba for almost a year now, but it's not happening until closer to the deadline. The guys who left Bingo now realize they've been completely and utterly left in the dust by the prospects who have been added and went to organizations where they might actually smell more than a handful of NHL games.

Konopka was brought in to keep opponents honest. Don't Diddle around with Alfie, Spezza, or any of the young kids or you'll be facing the trifecta of Konopka, Neil and Carkner. Too long the Sens have been pushovers, I guess Murray finally had enough. Plus...Konopka could be a fetching piece at the deadline.

That's all my take on the moves, but I would have signed Prospal by now - if he'd come here that is.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
sandysensfan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Just noticed this on capgeek.com today...

"RACE TO THE FLOOR"

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_floor.php

Too funny.

I think the number of players max that an NHL team can carry is 23... so Colorado is about 3M below that with 23 players.. so what will they do...
Landeskog will have about a 3.5-3.7 cap hit which should take care of most of it.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
But they'll have to drop a player to fit Landeskog in, so they'll stll be about $2 million shy of the floor.

EDIT: Scratch that, Landeskog likely gets them over. Never post without first consulting the cap calculator.



Last edited by Da lil Guy on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
SpezDispenser wrote:
Da lil Guy wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:well for what it's worth I give the sens a B+ for their work in the off season and the rebuild.

I'll play devil's advocate here.

Why didn't they get an A?

They brought in a 4C when the need is at 2C and have so far failed to create needed space on the blueline - which has caused a few decent pieces in Bingo to walk.

What kind of 2C though? Morrison, Prospal or someone you'd have to sign longer? If it's a stop gap, then I agree, a 1 year for a veteran that we can trade at the deadline would have been nice, but this allows for Regin, Da Costa, ZIbanejad and perhaps a surprise or two to fight it out in training camp/pre-season. Maybe even Foligo.

As for the blueline, I think they've tried to trade Kuba for almost a year now, but it's not happening until closer to the deadline. The guys who left Bingo now realize they've been completely and utterly left in the dust by the prospects who have been added and went to organizations where they might actually smell more than a handful of NHL games.

Konopka was brought in to keep opponents honest. Don't Diddle around with Alfie, Spezza, or any of the young kids or you'll be facing the trifecta of Konopka, Neil and Carkner. Too long the Sens have been pushovers, I guess Murray finally had enough. Plus...Konopka could be a fetching piece at the deadline.

That's all my take on the moves, but I would have signed Prospal by now - if he'd come here that is.

Ideally I've had had a guy like Arnott come in on a one year deal, and traded Kuba. I think I'd have forgone Konopka altogether, even if a 2C wasn't do-able. However, I guess the team felt that none of the prospects would be right for the 4C role.

I'm personally not too sore that we didn't trade Kuba because I still hold out hope that he will have some value at the deadline. However, I think those moves would have made this an 'A'.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
I think the point of having Konopka in the lineup along with guys like Carkner and Neil is to protect and motivate the younger players and prospects. You see guys going balls out when the game is 4-1, 5-1, it sends a message. Also, the prospects will get a little more room and play a little bigger with those guys around.

If there is one and only one thing you can control on the ice, it's effort, those types of players will ensure that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:I think the point of having Konopka in the lineup along with guys like Carkner and Neil is to protect and motivate the younger players and prospects. You see guys going balls out when the game is 4-1, 5-1, it sends a message. Also, the prospects will get a little more room and play a little bigger with those guys around.

If there is one and only one thing you can control on the ice, it's effort, those types of players will ensure that.

Agree.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Well, I guess that's why I'm more of a numbers guy than a Hockey guy - but I wonder if we had that sort of player all along in Daugavins as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That's why Daugavins should sign a 1 year, 2-way. He can fill in in the bottom 6 and in the top 6, this might be his big chance.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
sandysensfan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Just noticed this on capgeek.com today...

"RACE TO THE FLOOR"

http://www.capgeek.com/charts_floor.php

Too funny.

I think the number of players max that an NHL team can carry is 23... so Colorado is about 3M below that with 23 players.. so what will they do...

We can help out on the $3M part. Give them Kuba for someone making $700K. Umm, Olivier Roy.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Da lil Guy wrote:But they'll have to drop a player to fit Landeskog in, so they'll stll be about $2 million shy of the floor.

EDIT: Scratch that, Landeskog likely gets them over. Never post without first consulting the cap calculator.

His ELC will only be that high with performance bonuses, which he won't hit (they are still a terrible team). So here's a question. We all know that the bonus cushion can be used to get you *under* the cap. But can you assume the opposite for the floor? Chances are he's going to see very little of that bonus money, so what if they miss the floor because bonuses didn't kick in? I'd say that the bonus cushion has to work the same way w.r.t. cap floor as cap ceiling -- namely, that you have to assume they won't be paid.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum