You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:Karlsson - 6 years, $3 per

He'd never take that.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:

He'd never take that.

Nope.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

He'd never take that.

Nope.

He'll be matching Fisher's offensive output soon, from the back-end. On a deal that long he'll ask for $5M.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens this year with Karlsson and Subban. On an offensively challenged team Karlsson got just one fewer goal but a few more points. Our PP stunk for most of the season. So I'd have to say if Karlsson was playing in Montreal he would have had 20 goals and 50 points or more. But he wasn't, and he didn't, and now they have very similar stats (ignoring the embarrassing +/-).

Unless Karlsson has a commanding lead over Subban, whoever gets his renewal first will certainly use that as a comparable when negotiating.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Myers, 7 years, 5.5 per year is the rumour.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Whose Karlsson's agent ?

If it's Newport they'll probably pull the same crap they're doing with Doughty and only want a deal that takes him to UFA status and not longer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Doughty close is the rumour.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Doughty close is the rumour.

That's been the rumour all summer. You know this will leave a bad taste in his mouth.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:

That's been the rumour all summer. You know this will leave a bad taste in his mouth.

Sound legitimately close. The Kings are offering 6.8, Doughty wants 7 according to Dreger - so that means it's down to the length of the contract now.

If he gets a 10 year, 6.8, then once again, I look at the Stamkos deal as being very pedestrian.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Sound legitimately close. The Kings are offering 6.8, Doughty wants 7 according to Dreger - so that means it's down to the length of the contract now.

If he gets a 10 year, 6.8, then once again, I look at the Stamkos deal as being very pedestrian.

I'm not sure how Stamkos' deal is "pedestrian"? 5 years at $7.5M per is pretty sweet! That's about $1M less per year than Crosby, AND Stamkos should cash in huge on his next contract, which, if he continues to play like he has, will eclipse Crosby's $8.7M per.

The Doughty situation is just silly. Take your $6.5M per for a few years and shut up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
I'm not sure how Stamkos' deal is "pedestrian"? 5 years at $7.5M per is pretty sweet! That's about $1M less per year than Crosby, AND Stamkos should cash in huge on his next contract, which, if he continues to play like he has, will eclipse Crosby's $8.7M per.

The Doughty situation is just silly. Take your $6.5M per for a few years and shut up.

No, I mean pedestrian for the Lightning. 7.5 per year X 5 years is not great when you're buying RFA years and the end of the contract lands you smack-dab in the middle of UFA. At that point in time, Stamkos will be able to dictate what he wants and for how long - and if the Bolts don't give it, he's off that summer to the highest bidder. I didn't like the deal at the time, and I still think it puts him in the driver's seat.

I've heard the funny argument about it being Yzerman and all and that will affect the negotiations positively for the Lightning - which is obviously not true.

As for Doughty, he should go for 7 X 12. Screw it, he's the best and the cap has gone up and up and up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Myers is now confirmed. 7 years, 5.5 per year (is the rumour), but the signing is done.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Myers deal in BUF is 7 years, $38.5M for a cap hit of $5.5 beginning the 12-13 season. Gets a $10M SB on July 1/12 with $2M in 1st yr salary

Gladly give that to Karlsson if he continues to improve.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
File this under 'cool':

Garth Snow and the Isles have given Josh Bailey until 7AM tomorrow to sign. If he hasn't by then, he'll be forced to sit out the season and the Isles will retain his rights.

I would support that happening w/Turris as well - and I think it will.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Myers is now confirmed. 7 years, 5.5 per year (is the rumour), but the signing is done.

$10M signing bonus due on July 1, 2012, meaning more than 25% of the contract is paid on day one of the extension. Money up front is always better than money later.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Myers is now confirmed. 7 years, 5.5 per year (is the rumour), but the signing is done.

$10M signing bonus due on July 1, 2012, meaning more than 25% of the contract is paid on day one of the extension. Money up front is always better than money later.

They're calling it "lockout protection". Interesting.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

They're calling it "lockout protection". Interesting.

Oh great, here comes the lockout talk.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:File this under 'cool':

Garth Snow and the Isles have given Josh Bailey until 7AM tomorrow to sign. If he hasn't by then, he'll be forced to sit out the season and the Isles will retain his rights.

The NHLPA might have something to say about that, though. I don't think you can force someone to sit out if they are not signed by September 16.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:File this under 'cool':

The NHLPA might have something to say about that, though. I don't think you can force someone to sit out if they are not signed by September 16.

If players are unsigned they can't report for camp. That's in the CBA I believe. It's a good rule because the club is under no obligation to sign players. That's why offer sheets are allowed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum