EA Sports NHL 2012

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 53211
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:42 pm

    Thought I'd make a thread where we could all discuss NHL12.

    I spend an ungodly amount of time GMing in NHL11 and usually play 40 or so games of the season (sim the rest).

    I love this game, but there are things I want cleaned up personally. Some are tiny, like:

    When someone scores, can there be a graphic at the bottom that reads like a statsheet:

    Spezza (14), Alfredsson and Butler

    for example. It was in one of the NHL games, 09 I think, where it came up and told you instead of the player having to wait through the replay to see the info.


    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20358
    Age : 25
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by Ev on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:57 pm

    Kinda getting sick of them not upgrading anything yet making me pay another $60 each year.

    Not even sure if I'll buy this TBH.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 53211
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:09 pm

    Big Ev wrote:Kinda getting sick of them not upgrading anything yet making me pay another $60 each year.

    Not even sure if I'll buy this TBH.

    You're not the first one I've heard say that. What do you want upgraded specifically?

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 45204
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by wprager on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:22 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:Kinda getting sick of them not upgrading anything yet making me pay another $60 each year.

    Not even sure if I'll buy this TBH.

    You're not the first one I've heard say that. What do you want upgraded specifically?

    I want them to change the controls so grownups could play them with their kids and not be embarrassed.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 32
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by Riprock on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:27 pm

    I mostly played EASHL in '11, and there are lots of thigns that are wrong with it. Too may people cheating (using "glitches", cheating the system to add more attributes, etc).

    In BAGM, the top draft picks never amount to anything, and they don't improve enough year to year. This past draft class were rated way too low because the last years draft class was the priority, so guys like Lando and Huberdeau will never make the NHL, but RNH is a star.

    Players ask for way too much money as well. But they said they fixed that in '12.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 53211
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 pm

    Dash wrote:I mostly played EASHL in '11, and there are lots of thigns that are wrong with it. Too may people cheating (using "glitches", cheating the system to add more attributes, etc).

    In BAGM, the top draft picks never amount to anything, and they don't improve enough year to year. This past draft class were rated way too low because the last years draft class was the priority, so guys like Lando and Huberdeau will never make the NHL, but RNH is a star.

    Players ask for way too much money as well. But they said they fixed that in '12.

    What's EASHL?

    I agree, it's annoying that Landeskog, Huberdeau, Strome are all rated so poorly. Couturier also takes forever to farm properly. I don't even think Zibanejad is in there, or I've missed him.

    As for the top picks, I do it slowly, year by year, play 40 or so NHL games and 10 or more AHL games, but SG11 plays sim only, so she does a year a night (or every few nights whatever) and her scouting is sky high now. The last pick she got was 1st overall and it was labelled a "FRANCHISE" player. He immediately came into the league as an 88 with still potential to grow.

    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 32
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by Riprock on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:27 pm

    I've never seen a franchise player yet. Zibanejad's not in the game. My last BaGM I started and I am playing all the games... just past the All-Star game. Made a few trades here and there. I put Radulov as a FA and signed him, somehow got Lucic, McGinn and Couture, Bieksa and Polak. Good team.

    EASHL is like Be a Pro but online with other players. You can join clubs with friends and play together or just join games with strangers.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 53211
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 pm

    Ah, I see.

    It's because you're playing games in the season instead of simming all the time like Mel. I like to play some of the actual games too, so I haven't advanced as far as she has (she's done the full 10 years or whatever). I believe she said she was on year 2015 and had gotten a franchise player.


    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 53211
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:52 pm

    2015/2016 she said she got one, then 2016/2017 she got another.

    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 32
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by Riprock on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:09 pm

    I have simmed ahead a few seasons too but its no fun. I can get the 1st overall picks any year just by trading a 1st + 2nd/3rd

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 53211
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:29 am

    Dash wrote:I have simmed ahead a few seasons too but its no fun. I can get the 1st overall picks any year just by trading a 1st + 2nd/3rd

    You can also get the 1st overall (or any first) using a 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. Smile I have none of those picks as of now, I've used them all. Laugh1

    Da lil Guy
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 376
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-07-05

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by Da lil Guy on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:52 am

    I've enjoyed the series, but I didn't buy the last one. I'll wait to see if the reviews are good before I decide on the new one.

    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 32
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by Riprock on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:04 pm

    The trade logic the ysay the have fixed this coming year, but just to show you how bad it is in '11, I traded Couture and McGinn to Pittsburgh for Crosby and Godard, then tried to trade Crosby for Oshie but St. Louis refused. I ended up having to trade Crosby + a late pick for Stamkos, then Stamkos straight up for Oshie in order for it to work. I didn't want Crosby or Stamkos because they are too expensive.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 53211
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:09 pm

    Dash wrote:The trade logic the ysay the have fixed this coming year, but just to show you how bad it is in '11, I traded Couture and McGinn to Pittsburgh for Crosby and Godard, then tried to trade Crosby for Oshie but St. Louis refused. I ended up having to trade Crosby + a late pick for Stamkos, then Stamkos straight up for Oshie in order for it to work. I didn't want Crosby or Stamkos because they are too expensive.

    Yeah, there's always gonna be issues with values etc. I think. I run into the same issues from time to time.

    stempniaksen
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1960
    Age : 26
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-09-14

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by stempniaksen on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 pm

    I bought NHL11, but unless they come out with a bigger announcement I probably won't buy 12. I don't play nearly as much as I used to so it would make sense to not "upgrade".

    Hopefully they keep moving in the right direction with the trade values because last year was flawed as heck, but much better.

    Sponsored content

    Re: EA Sports NHL 2012

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:34 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:34 am