You Call 'em

    Share

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20860
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by Ev on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:32 pm

    Sens Chirp = Cyril Leeder

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47946
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by wprager on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:19 pm

    Big Ev wrote:Sens Chirp = Cyril Leeder

    Nah, Cyril is an accountant. He's better with numbers than that.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by PTFlea on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:37 pm

    Big Ev wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    La Femme wrote:Regin 50 pts.

    I think this has a good chance of happening.

    I don't...that's a lot to expect dude.

    I think Regin can bounce back. I could be wrong and I no longer hold any allegiance to any of the players, but I think he'll be a hot 2nd line C with Michalek and Butler/Alfredsson.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20860
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by Ev on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:44 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    La Femme wrote:Regin 50 pts.

    I think this has a good chance of happening.

    I don't...that's a lot to expect dude.

    I think Regin can bounce back. I could be wrong and I no longer hold any allegiance to any of the players, but I think he'll be a hot 2nd line C with Michalek and Butler/Alfredsson.

    But him bouncing back is not getting 50 points. He's never done that and he hasn't even played 2 full NHL seasons. Bouncing back is like getting back to at least 30 or something.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by PTFlea on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:50 pm

    Big Ev wrote:
    But him bouncing back is not getting 50 points. He's never done that and he hasn't even played 2 full NHL seasons. Bouncing back is like getting back to at least 30 or something.

    Depends on how MacLean uses him I guess. If he gets 30 points and occupies the 2nd line C spot - with PP time, then it won't be looked at as a success. 30 points on line 3 with a good all-round game, and it'll be looked at as a good stepping stone.

    The same thing with Butler. 15 goals in the top 6 = less than encouraging with Silf, Z-Bad and likely more than one prospect other than them pushing for a spot next year + the 1st round pick.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47946
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by wprager on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:46 pm

    We may not have a true #2 center but we have a lot of guys who would be willing to try: Foligno, Zibanejad, Da Costa, even Smith and Konopka can fill in for a spell. And next year there's Silfverberg, for sure Da Costa will be pushing, maybe Caporusso. This year is it for Regin.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by Riprock on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:59 pm

    Don't expect Regin to produce 50 points, please. You're just setting everyone up for failure. Cheechoo had a better chance at scoring 55 goals.

    Don't expect Sens to make the playoffs. Don't be disappointed if they don't. Don't encourage them to either. Are they not rebuilding? I'll be very content with them giving prospects complete run of the team and drafting high for a few years if that's the case in order to ice a competitive team for the next 30 years.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by PTFlea on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 pm

    Dash wrote:Don't expect Regin to produce 50 points, please. You're just setting everyone up for failure. Cheechoo had a better chance at scoring 55 goals.

    Don't expect Sens to make the playoffs. Don't be disappointed if they don't. Don't encourage them to either. Are they not rebuilding? I'll be very content with them giving prospects complete run of the team and drafting high for a few years if that's the case in order to ice a competitive team for the next 30 years.

    Who would be disappointed in all seriousness? Regin?

    If Regin doesn't click, then he's gone to make room for some of the nice prospects coming, so I'm prepped for that personally - and I'm probably his biggest supporter. What I'm saying personally is that I think he can do it (although I maintain that he'd better do it).
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47946
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by wprager on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:57 pm

    Dash wrote:Don't expect Regin to produce 50 points, please. You're just setting everyone up for failure. Cheechoo had a better chance at scoring 55 goals.

    Don't expect Sens to make the playoffs. Don't be disappointed if they don't. Don't encourage them to either. Are they not rebuilding? I'll be very content with them giving prospects complete run of the team and drafting high for a few years if that's the case in order to ice a competitive team for the next 30 years.

    I'll be disappointed if they miss; don't tell me not to be. And please, enough of this "drafting high for a few years". We've missed the playoffs two of the last three years, spending up to the cap. One season "off" around the cap floor and then, please let's go back to winning and spending.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by Riprock on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:10 am

    You shouldn't be disappointed though. What you want is not what's best for the organization. The best thing is for them to improve their team. They made the playoffs for a dozen years and aside from a couple of playoff game revenue, what do they have for it? Cause I will tell you what Pittsburgh has... a Stanley Cup and Crosby, Malkin, Fleury and Staal.

    Sure, I've heard the otherside of the argument too, but pretty much every championship team has had awesome drafting. And awesome drafting is a lot easier when you have the top picks.

    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16325
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:39 am

    Dash wrote:You shouldn't be disappointed though. What you want is not what's best for the organization. The best thing is for them to improve their team. They made the playoffs for a dozen years and aside from a couple of playoff game revenue, what do they have for it? Cause I will tell you what Pittsburgh has... a Stanley Cup and Crosby, Malkin, Fleury and Staal.

    Sure, I've heard the otherside of the argument too, but pretty much every championship team has had awesome drafting. And awesome drafting is a lot easier when you have the top picks.


    It's always disappointing when they don't make the playoffs, but I figure we're in for one more poopy year and then we'll spend a bit of money on free agents (Parise anyone?) and be competitive again.
    avatar
    rooneypoo
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7422
    Age : 38
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-11

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by rooneypoo on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:07 am

    wprager wrote:
    Dash wrote:Don't expect Regin to produce 50 points, please. You're just setting everyone up for failure. Cheechoo had a better chance at scoring 55 goals.

    Don't expect Sens to make the playoffs. Don't be disappointed if they don't. Don't encourage them to either. Are they not rebuilding? I'll be very content with them giving prospects complete run of the team and drafting high for a few years if that's the case in order to ice a competitive team for the next 30 years.

    I'll be disappointed if they miss; don't tell me not to be. And please, enough of this "drafting high for a few years". We've missed the playoffs two of the last three years, spending up to the cap. One season "off" around the cap floor and then, please let's go back to winning and spending.

    But think of the possibilities. We could be the next FLA. Or CBJ. Or NYI. Or...

    Actually, after a decade of sucking huge, NYI might turn into something after all. But think of all the fun that we could have along the way!

    So what if the team loses all its fans, and the city its team. We'll be awesome, possibly, maybe, in a decade!
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20860
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by Ev on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:21 am

    Season ticket sales have gone up this year, so at least we know that people will come to the games to see ghood hockey even though the team might not be great.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16325
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:12 am

    Big Ev wrote:Season ticket sales have gone up this year, so at least we know that people will come to the games to see ghood hockey even though the team might not be great.

    I'm not sure if the ticket prices have actually gone down, but I got tickets to the home opener in the lower 300s for $31 each. Oh, and the Sens threw in free tickets to a pre-season game vs. the Bruins as well. Good deal.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47946
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by wprager on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:24 am

    Dash wrote:You shouldn't be disappointed though. What you want is not what's best for the organization. The best thing is for them to improve their team. They made the playoffs for a dozen years and aside from a couple of playoff game revenue, what do they have for it? Cause I will tell you what Pittsburgh has... a Stanley Cup and Crosby, Malkin, Fleury and Staal.

    Sure, I've heard the otherside of the argument too, but pretty much every championship team has had awesome drafting. And awesome drafting is a lot easier when you have the top picks.


    Detroit.

    Or, on the flip side, Islanders, Panthers and a bunch of other perennial "losers". At least we've had hockey in June in the Capital.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47946
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by wprager on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:26 am

    rooneypoo wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Dash wrote:Don't expect Regin to produce 50 points, please. You're just setting everyone up for failure. Cheechoo had a better chance at scoring 55 goals.

    Don't expect Sens to make the playoffs. Don't be disappointed if they don't. Don't encourage them to either. Are they not rebuilding? I'll be very content with them giving prospects complete run of the team and drafting high for a few years if that's the case in order to ice a competitive team for the next 30 years.

    I'll be disappointed if they miss; don't tell me not to be. And please, enough of this "drafting high for a few years". We've missed the playoffs two of the last three years, spending up to the cap. One season "off" around the cap floor and then, please let's go back to winning and spending.

    But think of the possibilities. We could be the next FLA. Or CBJ. Or NYI. Or...

    Actually, after a decade of sucking huge, NYI might turn into something after all. But think of all the fun that we could have along the way!

    So what if the team loses all its fans, and the city its team. We'll be awesome, possibly, maybe, in a decade!

    I think your reply should have been to Dash's reply to my post.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by Riprock on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:47 am

    I'm sure Pittsburgh and Washington are really disappointed with the players they drafted after having awful seasons. I'm asking as a fan for one more season of losing with a team of players that try hard every game, and getting Yakupov, so that in 3 years the Sens win the cup with a line up of franchise players surrounded by veterans and role players that signed in Ottawa because their chances were good. Not because they got "a third year" or "overpaid because Ottawa is desperate".

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 65
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by sandysensfan on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:07 pm

    Dash wrote:You shouldn't be disappointed though. What you want is not what's best for the organization. The best thing is for them to improve their team. They made the playoffs for a dozen years and aside from a couple of playoff game revenue, what do they have for it? Cause I will tell you what Pittsburgh has... a Stanley Cup and Crosby, Malkin, Fleury and Staal.

    Sure, I've heard the otherside of the argument too, but pretty much every championship team has had awesome drafting. And awesome drafting is a lot easier when you have the top picks.


    All I know is that a re-build takes longer than 6 - 9 months.

    Sponsored content

    Re: You Call 'em

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:03 am