Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by wprager on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:52 pm

    shabbs wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    stempniaksen wrote:I can vouch for Prime 360 too, it's basically as good as they come.

    Also, I find that in most cases the keg is overrated, but the best steak I've ever had was a baseball top sirloin at The Keg on Richmond road.

    I was stuck with Noah's when I worked in that building...

    I finally tried Shawarma Palace and I don't think it's that much better than Shawarma King down the street quite frankly.

    For those of you who go for a drive just to get out, the best Chinese I've had is in Prescott, ON (Wok House) there is damn good pizza to be found at Papa Larry's as well in the same town. I will be trying Big Luke's Take Two in my hometown of Alexandria, ON soon. It's reputed to have the best ribs pretty much anywhere. Beautiful dining room and lovely terrace as well. I'll post my comments when I actually try it out.


    Lets try to stay on topic shall we? This is Ottawa Restaurant Review. Sarcasm

    That didn't take long! Laugh1
    I thought we had reviewed every restaurant in Ottawa and were moving on to other cities...

    Wink

    We haven't reviewed Marshys ... oh, wait, nevermind.

    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by shabbs on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:17 pm

    wprager wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    stempniaksen wrote:I can vouch for Prime 360 too, it's basically as good as they come.

    Also, I find that in most cases the keg is overrated, but the best steak I've ever had was a baseball top sirloin at The Keg on Richmond road.

    I was stuck with Noah's when I worked in that building...

    I finally tried Shawarma Palace and I don't think it's that much better than Shawarma King down the street quite frankly.

    For those of you who go for a drive just to get out, the best Chinese I've had is in Prescott, ON (Wok House) there is damn good pizza to be found at Papa Larry's as well in the same town. I will be trying Big Luke's Take Two in my hometown of Alexandria, ON soon. It's reputed to have the best ribs pretty much anywhere. Beautiful dining room and lovely terrace as well. I'll post my comments when I actually try it out.


    Lets try to stay on topic shall we? This is Ottawa Restaurant Review. Sarcasm

    That didn't take long! Laugh1
    I thought we had reviewed every restaurant in Ottawa and were moving on to other cities...

    Wink

    We haven't reviewed Marshys ... oh, wait, nevermind.
    SSF will appear in 3... 2... 1...

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:29 pm

    shabbs wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    We haven't reviewed Marshys ... oh, wait, nevermind.
    SSF will appear in 3... 2... 1...

    Vertigo
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by Riprock on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:34 pm

    There's a Works opening in Barrhaven!!!! Ahhhhh!

    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by wprager on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:16 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    We haven't reviewed Marshys ... oh, wait, nevermind.
    SSF will appear in 3... 2... 1...

    Vertigo

    12 minutes. Must have been busy.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13620
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 pm

    I've finally been to Five Guys and I gotta say I still prefer The Works. The Burgers are big and messy but I wouldn't say they're anything special.

    P.S there's way more than five guys in there working. Wink
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16437
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:37 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've finally been to Five Guys and I gotta say I still prefer The Works. The Burgers are big and messy but I wouldn't say they're anything special.

    P.S there's way more than five guys in there working. Wink

    Yeah, when I was there, there were probably 10-15 people working the grills.

    There's a new Shawarma place open right next to Five Guys...they have a grand opening special where you can get a beef or chicken shawarma, garlic roast potatoes, and a pop for $3.99. It's a terrific deal, and the shawarma's pretty decent too. If you get garlic sauce on everything, you will still be tasting it the day after...a wonderful experience.

    On a side note, last night I was slicing up some jalapenos and then made the mistake of scratching my Donkey. I had to get in the shower.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13620
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:32 am

    Brilliant move by the restaurants next to 5 guys though. I'm sure they get a lot of overflow from them.
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 36
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by SensGirl11 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:55 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've finally been to Five Guys and I gotta say I still prefer The Works. The Burgers are big and messy but I wouldn't say they're anything special.

    P.S there's way more than five guys in there working. Wink

    Yeah, when I was there, there were probably 10-15 people working the grills.

    There's a new Shawarma place open right next to Five Guys...they have a grand opening special where you can get a beef or chicken shawarma, garlic roast potatoes, and a pop for $3.99. It's a terrific deal, and the shawarma's pretty decent too. If you get garlic sauce on everything, you will still be tasting it the day after...a wonderful experience.

    On a side note, last night I was slicing up some jalapenos and then made the mistake of scratching my Donkey. I had to get in the shower.

    Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3 Oh man, that made my day! Laughing3 Laughing3
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by Riprock on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:04 am

    Poor Donkey, will he be ok?
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16437
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:09 am

    Dash wrote:Poor Donkey, will he be ok?

    He seems in fine spirits this morning.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by wprager on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:53 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've finally been to Five Guys and I gotta say I still prefer The Works. The Burgers are big and messy but I wouldn't say they're anything special.

    P.S there's way more than five guys in there working. Wink

    Yeah, when I was there, there were probably 10-15 people working the grills.

    There's a new Shawarma place open right next to Five Guys...they have a grand opening special where you can get a beef or chicken shawarma, garlic roast potatoes, and a pop for $3.99. It's a terrific deal, and the shawarma's pretty decent too. If you get garlic sauce on everything, you will still be tasting it the day after...a wonderful experience.

    On a side note, last night I was slicing up some jalapenos and then made the mistake of scratching my Donkey. I had to get in the shower.

    Jalapenos are pretty mild, though. When working with Habaneros or Scottish Bonnets, though, you really should wear rubber gloves. If you don't, you'd better "hold it in" (if you get my drift) until you've had a chance to scrub your hands.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16437
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:32 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Jalapenos are pretty mild, though.

    Tell that to my Donkey.
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9235
    Age : 40
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by Hoags on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:31 pm

    Imagine if he ate a habanero chili, he'd be at a proctologist Ahhhhh!

    Five Guys is the Dung, I'm going there tonight TwoThumbsUp!
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:54 pm

    Hoags wrote:Imagine if he ate a habanero chili, he'd be at a proctologist Ahhhhh!

    Five Guys is the Dung, I'm going there tonight TwoThumbsUp!

    Speaking of proctologists I was going to make up something about a burger joint in The Glebe that features a "Rainbow Burger" with a name similar to Five Guys but without the "u" and with a different vowel but that would be inappropriate.

    StickmanDancing
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:55 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Jalapenos are pretty mild, though.

    Tell that to my Donkey.

    Poor guy...Indian food would slaughter you
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48176
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by wprager on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:03 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Jalapenos are pretty mild, though.

    Tell that to my Donkey.

    We're not on speaking terms.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16437
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:34 am

    Michallica wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Jalapenos are pretty mild, though.

    Tell that to my Donkey.

    Poor guy...Indian food would slaughter you

    You must've missed my story about scratching my Donkey with jalapeno juice on my hand. I can handle my spice...just not directly applied to my anus.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Restaurant Reviews - or - Where are you eating now?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:21 pm