GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Breaking Rumours!! » Member's Story breakers! » Entire KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl killed in plane crash

Entire KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl killed in plane crash

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
One black box has been recovered. Current investigation is focusing on whether there was engine failure or low quality fuel. I guess the extra weight theory was discarded.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Emery talks about travel in Russia...

http://senatorsextra.com/feature/emery-gives-another-perspective-on-russian-aircraft/

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
Wow miraculous news for Galimov from TSN:

Russian player Alexander Galimov survived the crash along with a crew member. Galimov was transferred Thursday to the Vishnevsky Institute in Moscow, around 240 kilometres southwest from the site of the crash.

Andrei Alexeyev, a doctor in the institute's burns department, said Galimov has gained consciousness and was able to speak to his father.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:Wow miraculous news for Galimov from TSN:

Russian player Alexander Galimov survived the crash along with a crew member. Galimov was transferred Thursday to the Vishnevsky Institute in Moscow, around 240 kilometres southwest from the site of the crash.

Andrei Alexeyev, a doctor in the institute's burns department, said Galimov has gained consciousness and was able to speak to his father.

That's pretty incredible. On top of having 3rd degree burns on 80% of his body he also had burns in his upper respiratory system. I didn't think he'd be able to breathe without a machine, much less be able to speak.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
This just looks like an incredible tribute. Minsk held a tribute to the fallen team where they were supposed to meet for the season opener.

Prags, any translation you can offer on what was happening?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:This just looks like an incredible tribute. Minsk held a tribute to the fallen team where they were supposed to meet for the season opener.

I caught this at McDonalds and I just bolted out the door because I was getting choked up. Interesting to see how this was handled with such class by a league that keeps getting ridiculed. Looks like a lot of work went into this on short notice.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
This one certainly tests your emotions. If you're up for it, the full version can be found at puckdaddy. It's quite the tearful tribute but unfortunately I don't understand russian

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:This one certainly tests your emotions. If you're up for it, the full version can be found at puckdaddy. It's quite the tearful tribute but unfortunately I don't understand russian

The visuals make a pretty strong statement in spite of the language barrier. Powerful stuff indeed.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I read somewhere the day of the crash that he died in hospital.... guess they were misled.. Hope he has a full recovery.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:This just looks like an incredible tribute. Minsk held a tribute to the fallen team where they were supposed to meet for the season opener.

It's edited very poorly w.r.t. audio. Literally cutting in the middle of words, but at the start it goes:

Ruslan Salei was .... a black day for all of us, he was an excellent guy, a real man, always giving it all for the team...

Later the Dynamo Minsk players were putting the pucks into their own net, symbolically giving the victory to Lokomotiv. "Today, it is the only thing they can do for their friends".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
sandysensfan wrote:

I read somewhere the day of the crash that he died in hospital.... guess they were misled.. Hope he has a full recovery.

I posted that here because at the time there were reports he died.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Lokomotiv won't play this season. Earlier the KHL had come out to say that other teams will loan players (and pay their salaries) so Jaroslavl can still have a competitive team this season. But the team's GM said they will not play this season because their prime duty is to help the families, and that building a team will come later.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
More info: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/09/10/sp-lokomotivcancels.html

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
I think that's the right decision to be honest and its the easiest thing to do. Quite frankly it's difficult to just 'replace' all deceases players after such a tragedy. DOn't think it'll be quite the hit with fans or families, although I know there's no disrespect intended. But I agree with this 100%

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375634

Galimov has now passed away, succumbing to his injuries.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Heard about it, such a shame but in a way I'm relieved his pain is finally over. It's tragic though, the entire team is now really wiped out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:Heard about it, such a shame but in a way I'm relieved his pain is finally over. It's tragic though, the entire team is now really wiped out.

He was able to speak to his father when he was first brought to the hospital. It wasn't much but I'm sure it meant the world to them both.

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
Russian aviation prosecution is saying the plane was mechanically sound, passed recent inspections, all maintenance performed, etc.

Saying pilot error is the most likely cause of the crash.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum