You are not connected. Please login or register

A place to vent

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 19]

1 A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:19 pm

22_4_ever

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
I thought maybe a thread to give people a place to vent about things they can't do so normally. For instance. I work for one of the largest companies in the world, and work around some of the top executives, however I am astounded at how rude/stupid some people can be. So this will give me a chance to write/say what I think every fricken day, hopefully without getting in trouble.

1. Do not stand 1 foot from the elevator doors assuming no one will be getting off. If you're waiting to get on, the people getting off have the right of way. Get the F$CK out of the way and stand back so I can get off the bloody elevator.

2. I realize there are 2 cash registers at the lobby coffee shop, however if 20 people are standing in line behind one of them and no one is at the other, it is not safe to assume we all want to be served by the one person. We don't hate the other one, in fact we'd love for her to move faster, we just are too polite to ask her to do so.

3. If it is your job to serve people at the cafeteria, then please do just that. Waiting for you to finish your conversation on how you're going to fix Libya, the economy, or the worlds dependency on oil (and yes these were all topics I had to listen to waiting 15 minutes for 8 people to be served) is not something that I really wish to do. Your job is to pour coffee, get me a donut take my money and give me change. That's it. It shouldn't take you almost 2 minutes per person to do so.

4. The speed limit while on company property is 30 KM/H. It's not a recommendation, or a statement of how much faster than 40 you can go. Also stop signs are not optional. If you really really really want to get to that "pefect" spot then have Security put your name on it.

I'm likely to have more.

Shouldn't have stayed up till 3am to watch Canada v Tonga in the RWC

2 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:45 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I don't give a toss if I sound old - I'm not.

1.Blasting music out of your car is cool for no one else but you. Really, I don't care what it is (I suppose if it's good rock like Zep or Floyd I could appreciate it *slightly*). The best is when these little nerds are playing their base so loud that it makes thing shake. What are you compensating for?

2.One way signs are there to tell you...that it's a ONE WAY. Going down the wrong way - even if it's in a little mall - is 100% dumb. Don't tell me you can't see the signs. If you can't you shouldn't be driving.

3 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:53 pm

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:2.One way signs are there to tell you...that it's a ONE WAY. Going down the wrong way - even if it's in a little mall - is 100% dumb. Don't tell me you can't see the signs. If you can't you shouldn't be driving.

If you're talking about the Kanata Centrum, I'm sorry. I've been navigating that place since it was built, and I still get confused.

4 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:04 pm

22_4_ever

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:2.One way signs are there to tell you...that it's a ONE WAY. Going down the wrong way - even if it's in a little mall - is 100% dumb. Don't tell me you can't see the signs. If you can't you shouldn't be driving.

If you're talking about the Kanata Centrum, I'm sorry. I've been navigating that place since it was built, and I still get confused.

The intersection right in front of Chapters pisses me off. Just because your stop sign is 60 feet back from the intersection doesn't mean you don't have to perform a stop, nor does it mean you get to jump the queue when there is more than one car.

5 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Riprock

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
How about (young) people that refuse to give up their seat on the bus to someone more deserving? Young people don't need a seat more than pregnant women, elderly, people with disabilities, etc.

Even if I see a woman around the age of my mom I would give her my seat.

Or when people see other people standing when they are taking up more than one seat and don't make an effort to make room.

6 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:35 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:I don't give a toss if I sound old - I'm not.

1.Blasting music out of your car is cool for no one else but you. Really, I don't care what it is (I suppose if it's good rock like Zep or Floyd I could appreciate it *slightly*). The best is when these little nerds are playing their base so loud that it makes thing shake. What are you compensating for?

2.One way signs are there to tell you...that it's a ONE WAY. Going down the wrong way - even if it's in a little mall - is 100% dumb. Don't tell me you can't see the signs. If you can't you shouldn't be driving.


Don't worry, that bass will turn their testicles to mush and render them sterile, so their genes will not be propagated to the next generation.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

7 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
1. Douchebags with obnoxious, loud mufflers or whatever the Diddle those are on their Civics and Jettas

2. Idiots who stop right in the middle of a hallway or aisle to talk to someone or to look at their phone

3. People texting everywhere they go. It's annoying.

4. Old people driving slow

5. Idiots who walk across the street at the park and ride (case in point what just happened the other day).

8 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:06 pm

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Big Ev wrote:5. Idiots who walk across the street at the park and ride (case in point what just happened the other day).

Classy.

9 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Didn't say she was an idiot, just saying look what can happen. Please don't run across the street on a red to get to your car or the bus.

10 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Guys who wear flip-flops at work.

11 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:51 pm

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:Guys who wear flip-flops at work.

What if they work at American Eagle? The beach? The FLIP-FLOP FACTORY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD?????

12 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Guys who wear flip-flops at work.

What if they work at American Eagle? The beach? The FLIP-FLOP FACTORY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD?????

Indeed.

I meant in an office setting.

13 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:53 pm

22_4_ever

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
SeawaySensFan wrote:Guys who wear flip-flops at work.

DOH

That's me...then again it's more because I've destroyed my feet wearing new skates for sort outs...(without socks).

14 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
How about people who never use their turn signals? Or cab drivers thinking they own the road? NoWayyyyy

15 Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
22_4_ever wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Guys who wear flip-flops at work.

DOH

That's me...then again it's more because I've destroyed my feet wearing new skates for sort outs...(without socks).

I'm just pissed because I can't wear shorts yet guys can wear long pants with sandals and their unclipped toenails for all to see. Veeeeeeery perfeshunal.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 19]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum