You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » A place to vent

A place to vent

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 19]

31A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:52 pm

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
People who jay-walk with kids or a stroller 10 Cussing feet from an intersection. Drives me nuts.

32A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:53 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
When there is a merge lane and the idiot in front insists to wait until he is clear to cut across all three lanes so he can be in the passing lane right away. One of the worst places for this is coming off Carling onto March Rd, just in front of Mitel. Just go right into the merge lane (traffic from March would have to cross lanes to get into that lane) and build up your speed before you cut across to the fast lane. No. Instead they'll sit there until all the traffic clears up.

33A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Da lil Guy


Rookie
Rookie
Re: merge lanes.

If I'm forced to stop while merging by the flow of traffic and you line up behind me, wait your god damned turn before you merge. Don't hit the gas and merge around me, through my blind spot, the moment the last car goes by.

You're not only begging for an accident, you're a bad human being. Hitler bad.

34A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
All this talk of driving is making me more angry over failing my G test Mad

35A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:21 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:All this talk of driving is making me more angry over failing my G test Mad

Damn I didn't know that was possible....

36A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:All this talk of driving is making me more angry over failing my G test Mad

Damn I didn't know that was possible....

I know a ton of people who have...it's usually just because of one error every time. Mine was the guy told me to get off at Blair Rd. exit and I saw "Blair Rd" so I started to get off. Turns out it was a bus-only exit. Facepalm Wasn't paying attention because I was concentrating on changing lanes to get over there. hahaha

37A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:28 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
Oh. On the topic of driving. CORNWALL Drivers drive me friction nuts

38A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:31 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:All this talk of driving is making me more angry over failing my G test Mad

Damn I didn't know that was possible....

I know a ton of people who have...it's usually just because of one error every time. Mine was the guy told me to get off at Blair Rd. exit and I saw "Blair Rd" so I started to get off. Turns out it was a bus-only exit. Facepalm Wasn't paying attention because I was concentrating on changing lanes to get over there. hahaha

"not paying attention" is not a good option Wink

39A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TheAvatar wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:All this talk of driving is making me more angry over failing my G test Mad

Damn I didn't know that was possible....

I know a ton of people who have...it's usually just because of one error every time. Mine was the guy told me to get off at Blair Rd. exit and I saw "Blair Rd" so I started to get off. Turns out it was a bus-only exit. Facepalm Wasn't paying attention because I was concentrating on changing lanes to get over there. hahaha

"not paying attention" is not a good option Wink
Just a minor detail... no biggie...

Wink

40A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I meant not paying attention to the DO NOT ENTER BUSES EXCEPTED signs. THere was only about 5 of them.

41A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:Didn't say she was an idiot, just saying look what can happen. Please don't run across the street on a red to get to your car or the bus.

Regardless of whether she went on red or not, this isn't something to joke or rant about. And you absolutely called her an idiot. This was a real person who left a grieving family and friends behind: http://community.lifeottawa.net/portal.php?mod=view&aid=367

As a parent I hope I never have to go what these people are going through now.

When I worked downtown I parked my car daily at the West-side parking lot and crossed over to catch a bus on the other side. It's a bad intersection. Should have been a tunnel. You have parking lots on both sides, bus stops on both sides, and poor visibility because of the chain-link divider. I've also driven there plenty of times and it's pretty bad when you stop at the red light and people continue crossing as it's about to turn green. You know that *you* won't make the mistake since you're sitting right there and can see the people, but that guy couple of hundred feet back in the center or right lane just isn't going to see them until too late. I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Some cars were stopped at the red and the people crossing saw them and assumed they were safe because they made eye contact.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

42A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:15 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
22_4_ever wrote:
La Femme wrote:I never cared about stupidity happening around me

What about when it's happening to you?

I've learned a long time ago that complaining puts me in a bad mood and waste my time, so I just forget about it Smile Let's be honest, Some things will just happen, no matter what you do.
Works well not to care.

43A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
And all you guys complaining about drivers haven't been to Africa Laugh1

44A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Didn't say she was an idiot, just saying look what can happen. Please don't run across the street on a red to get to your car or the bus.

Regardless of whether she went on red or not, this isn't something to joke or rant about. And you absolutely called her an idiot. This was a real person who left a grieving family and friends behind: http://community.lifeottawa.net/portal.php?mod=view&aid=367

As a parent I hope I never have to go what these people are going through now.

When I worked downtown I parked my car daily at the West-side parking lot and crossed over to catch a bus on the other side. It's a bad intersection. Should have been a tunnel. You have parking lots on both sides, bus stops on both sides, and poor visibility because of the chain-link divider. I've also driven there plenty of times and it's pretty bad when you stop at the red light and people continue crossing as it's about to turn green. You know that *you* won't make the mistake since you're sitting right there and can see the people, but that guy couple of hundred feet back in the center or right lane just isn't going to see them until too late. I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Some cars were stopped at the red and the people crossing saw them and assumed they were safe because they made eye contact.

I suspect we will see a bridge be put in place very soon.

45A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I'd actually prefer a tunnel.

Amazing how they had a bridge over to the old Town Center, then built another and tore down the old one, and I wonder if it's used much now that the old cinema and the town center are not there. And they had money to build that stupid bridge over the Carp *creek* but nothing for the Park'n'Ride that's used by 100s each day.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

46A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:46 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore
La Femme wrote:And all you guys complaining about drivers haven't been to Africa Laugh1

Or Paris....

47A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
La Femme wrote:And all you guys complaining about drivers haven't been to Africa Laugh1
I have... South and East Africa. South Africa was... well, pretty crazy.

48A place to vent - Page 3 Empty Re: A place to vent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie
By the same token I shouldn't be complaining about what's on TV because I'm lucky to live somewhere that I can have a TV.

But my comments are based on my admittedly elitist north american standards, and I stand by them. Though I would endorse sending the drivers who annoy me to Africa so they can experience what it's like to be constantly pissed off by other drivers first hand.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum