GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:This guy just re-tweets and substitutes most words with "meep". He has 1,541 followers. I have 5.
How do you only have 5? Most people have at least 20 bots following them alone...

You must have some real boring tweets...

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:This guy just re-tweets and substitutes most words with "meep". He has 1,541 followers. I have 5.
How do you only have 5? Most people have at least 20 bots following them alone...

You must have some real boring tweets...

Wink

I rarely tweet ... but when I do, I prefer Dos-Equis.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Don't know why I find this hilarious (during a random twitter search for #nhl):
beakeringnews Beaker
RT @CBCAlerts: Meeeep Meeep meeep meep meep meep meep meep Meep. meeeeeeeeep . Meep meep meeep meep meeeeeeeep. #NHL meep meeeeep meep.

Maybe the tweeter's avatar helps:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league MuppetsBeaker_reasonably_small

Laughing3

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Is that Brian Bork Bork Bork?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Big Ev wrote:Is that Brian Bork Bork Bork?
That's this guy...

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league Swedishchef

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:Don't know why I find this hilarious (during a random twitter search for #nhl):
beakeringnews Beaker
RT @CBCAlerts: Meeeep Meeep meeep meep meep meep meep meep Meep. meeeeeeeeep . Meep meep meeep meep meeeeeeeep. #NHL meep meeeeep meep.

Maybe the tweeter's avatar helps:

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league MuppetsBeaker_reasonably_small

Laughing3

Just watching a bit of The Whole 10 Yards and it's remarkable how much Matthew Perry looks like Beaker. Same mouth.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Is that Brian Bork Bork Bork?
That's this guy...

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league Swedishchef

I guess someone doesn't know his muppets. Beaker was the lab assistant of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. He's known for "miii miii" not "bork bork".

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:File this under 'cool':

Garth Snow and the Isles have given Josh Bailey until 7AM tomorrow to sign. If he hasn't by then, he'll be forced to sit out the season and the Isles will retain his rights.

I would support that happening w/Turris as well - and I think it will.

The NHLPA might have something to say about that, though. I don't think you can force someone to sit out if they are not signed by September 16.

If players are unsigned they can't report for camp. That's in the CBA I believe. It's a good rule because the club is under no obligation to sign players. That's why offer sheets are allowed.

I get that, but can you suspend someone for a full season for not reporting to camp?

The NHLPA will have something to say about this. I think you have until some date in January until you are no-longer eligible to play this season (remember that from Yashin's holdout). And until that date kicks in the club can only suspend someone for not reporting, missing practice, whatever. Suspending someone a full season for -- effectively -- missing training camp by one day is not something the NHLPA will allow to happen.
If they withdraw their offer and don't tender another then he sits. Not so much a suspension, but the same effect, and there is not a thing Bailey or the NHLPA can do about it. This is how you keep the 2nd contracts in check if you are a GM.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
If they withdraw their offer does that not make him a free agent?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Schenn deal all but done -- 5 years @ $3.5M give or take, according to MacKenzie. Different player from Karlsson, obviously, but is that what Karlsson gets or more? I'm guessing more, but not Tyler Meyers more.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
$3.6M x 5 years for Schenn. More than Toronto wanted to pay, but they wanted the term.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Dregger is saying they could have signed him @$3M for 3 years. Maybe that's what the Sens should be doing with Karlsson -- give him a 3 year deal. With Rundblad pretty much already here and Wiercioch a couple of years away they have options.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I don't think anyone posted this. Not really news, but Selanne signed a 1-year $4M deal with Anaheim.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Karlsson should get money somewhere between Schenn and Myers. I like that Schenn contract, as it helps lower the bar a little (although, yeah, Karlsson and Schenn are quite different). Maybe $4 - $4.5 per, depending on this season?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Man... Kings are gonna have to shell out for Doughty at this rate... long term, big money...

So, I guess the "2nd contract" is officially gone now?

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum