You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Leafs have not looked good for large stretches in a lot of games against bad teams. Also, 5 home games to start the season. Almost all one goal games too.

We'll see what happens when they play a decent team.

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran
The Leafs are a good team as long as their goaltending holds up.
It's yet to be determined if optimus Reim is up to snuff over a whole season, but that is the most important factor.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
stempniaksen wrote:The Leafs are a good team as long as their goaltending holds up.
It's yet to be determined if optimus Reim is up to snuff over a whole season, but that is the most important factor.

Well, I thought he looked terrible against the Habs and he got a shutout that night. Half the time he didn't know which way the rebound went. I guess it's safe to say now that the Leafs defense is playing pretty well. Komisarek was given the 'A' when, in pre-season, the "pundits" were calling him the Leaf's #9 defenseman. Phaneuf is finally playing up to his billing. And that Schenn kid is pretty good, too.

Imagine where the Sens would be if their veteran defensemen were playing up to their salaries.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
I thought he was pretty good in the 2 games I watched him in, should be interesting moving forward though since I'm sure he isn't used to carrying the weight (and I have zero confidence in Gustavsson). They look good on paper, and obviously look good on the ice though.

What I wouldn't give to have a player like Schenn in a Sens uniform...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NEELY wrote:Leafs have not looked good for large stretches in a lot of games against bad teams. Also, 5 home games to start the season. Almost all one goal games too.

We'll see what happens when they play a decent team.
They play the defending champs tonight in Boston. Gustavsson gets the start...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
stempniaksen wrote:I thought he was pretty good in the 2 games I watched him in, should be interesting moving forward though since I'm sure he isn't used to carrying the weight (and I have zero confidence in Gustavsson). They look good on paper, and obviously look good on the ice though.

What I wouldn't give to have a player like Schenn in a Sens uniform...

Karlsson +?

NEELY

Mod
Mod
stempniaksen wrote:The Leafs are a good team as long as their goaltending holds up.

He honestly hasn't been all that good. He's been o.k but even then, he's had serious problems with scrambles in front and he gets caught deep in his net a lot.

If there was ever a favorable schedule to start the season, that was it. The only team they played with an above 500 record was Colorado and they lost. The other teams are all below 500 and they have barely gotten by. Ottawa almost came back, they had to come back against Calgary and Winnipeg... these are teams good teams will be at home pretty easily. Toronto struggled.

When they beat a couple of REAL teams, talk to me then. Until then, they are the same team from last year, EXACTLY the same team from last year.

Also, Kessel will not score 160 points. We'll see how long he can carry that load.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
don't know where else to put this. Where can I find the interactive Rogers online channel guide that has been posted here before?

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie
Big Ev wrote:lol if you trade Spezza who's gonna play centre? think about tit

I do. All the time. Sarcasm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore
ddt wrote:
Big Ev wrote:lol if you trade Spezza who's gonna play centre? think about tit

I do. All the time. Sarcasm
Likewise Nod Laugh1

But seriously, Spezza's playing style can NOT be a good influence on the kids. That's not the way we want our prospects to play or even remotely attempt to emulate.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:don't know where else to put this. Where can I find the interactive Rogers online channel guide that has been posted here before?

If you are talking about setting up your PVR then go here:
https://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServices.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Overview

And then click on the "Remote TV Manager" link.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Na it was some channel guide that youu showed before. Not from Rogers. Some channel guide that showed guides for all sorts of service providers.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:Na it was some channel guide that youu showed before. Not from Rogers. Some channel guide that showed guides for all sorts of service providers.

In that case try zap2it.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
How the hell is Dallas doing what they are so far?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:How the hell is Dallas doing what they are so far?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20112012&gameType=2&team=&position=G&country=&status=&viewName=summary#?navid=nav-sts-indiv

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Nice to see my sleeper team doing well. I was a Dallas-only fan in the 90's. Go Stars!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dallas ios inspired by their new coach, their stud legit goalie, Jamie Benn, and Loui Loui Eriksson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:Nice to see my sleeper team doing well. I was a Dallas-only fan in the 90's. Go Stars!

You were in the '90s?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum