You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Nice to see my sleeper team doing well. I was a Dallas-only fan in the 90's. Go Stars!

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dallas ios inspired by their new coach, their stud legit goalie, Jamie Benn, and Loui Loui Eriksson.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:Nice to see my sleeper team doing well. I was a Dallas-only fan in the 90's. Go Stars!

You were in the '90s?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Nice to see my sleeper team doing well. I was a Dallas-only fan in the 90's. Go Stars!

You were in the '90s?

Yeah I was a HUGE Modano + Stars fan.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
where's underwear Denis??? I thought he was a hit with the ladies

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:where's underwear Denis??? I thought he was a hit with the ladies

Move over "Underwear Denis" here comes "McJacques"...

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 65 2004-010

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Florida sends Booth, Reinprecht and a 3rd to Vancouver for Sturm and Samuelsson.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Florida sends Booth, Reinprecht and a 3rd to Vancouver for Sturm and Samuelsson.

larceny

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
More than a few people thinking Booth's been badly slowed down by his concussions and really isn't the same player at all, but yes, on first look my reaction would be negative.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:Florida sends Booth, Reinprecht and a 3rd to Vancouver for Sturm and Samuelsson.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't completely hate this for Florida, haha.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
yeah I'm mystified that florida had to send a 3rd rounder in there as well. has Tallon lost his mind?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
stempniaksen wrote:

Why do you not hate it? Because Booth will never be the same?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:yeah I'm mystified that florida had to send a 3rd rounder in there as well. has Tallon lost his mind?

The deal would be lopsided against Florida even if they'd kept the 3rd. It's like the Varlamov deal all over again. Both deals had an inexplicable pick thrown in.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Why do you not hate it? Because Booth will never be the same?

I think this is about more than Tallon putting his stamp on the team, I think Booth is very damaged.
I know people will be quick to look at his talent, but he hasn't really accomplished anything in his career.

I haven't liked everything that Florida has done, and don't even necesarily like this deal. I do see why they would make it though if they don't consider Booth a big piece moving forward. (also, this is without mentioning that Booth has a NTC that kicks in next year, so a move needed to be made this season) That being said, this could also work out with Vancouver since Booth will be surrounded by way more talent than when he was in Florida.

I think it has the potential to be one of those rare deals which work out for both teams. Big risk for the Canucks though because this could be another bad contract they are tossing into the mix (to go along with Keith Ballard, also acquired from Florida).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
reading this you kind of make out that this move was made in a big way for the panthers to shed a long term salary. I can't help but think that samuelsson will see his points dip in florida with booth will see his rise in van. booth managed 23 goals on an atrocious team last year and did play 82 games. I'm not sure i buy into this damaged goods idea that's been thrown out there. Florida isn't the best growns out there for player success and I won't be surprised when Booth scores 30 this year playing with Kesler.
Florida gets ripped (again) by Van.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think Samuelsson and Sturm can do some damage in Florida. They might see more premiere ice time there, like PP time perhaps, more of a chance to be in the top 6.

I still don't like the trade though, but I certainly can understand why they'd want to shed that long term salary with Booth having 3 more years. Florida obviously didn't like Booth, so I guess they agreed to shed it and pay a little extra for expiring contracts.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Phoenix trades P.Nokelainen, G.Stafford to Habs for B.Trotter and a 7th

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The more I think of the Booth trade, the more I like it for Florida. 3 more years @ 4.25 is a ton of cap hit/money, plus as Stemp said, the NTC kicks in next year and Booth could easily become an anchor after Richards' hit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum