GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore
wprager wrote:
cash wrote:
wprager wrote:This is too funny:
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 67 15191710

If Spezza got another shift per game he'd likely have 12 points, too. And he's better than Daniel on face offs.

Sarcasm
What am I looking at?

Screen cap of the NHL leaderboard. Click on the image to see it full-size.

but why do I care? What's "too funny"?

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran
Big Ev wrote:Florida did the trade in order to win now. According to their owner.

They need to sell tickets, so obviously he's gonna say that.
I don't really think Samuelsson is that much worse than Booth (this season) though, so he's not lying either.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
cash wrote:
wprager wrote:
cash wrote:
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 67 15191710

If Spezza got another shift per game he'd likely have 12 points, too. And he's better than Daniel on face offs.

Sarcasm
What am I looking at?

Just wait for it. NEELY should be driving by soon...

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
cash wrote:
wprager wrote:
cash wrote:

Sarcasm
What am I looking at?

Just wait for it. NEELY should be driving by soon...

Spezza got three points last night and was great on the dot late in the third... but he did not have a really solid game, overall. He was invisible for long stretches and his line was the least effective of our 3 top lines for much of the game, and he was the third man caught deep on that 4 on 2 that lead to a goal.

There's a gaping chasm between putting up points and playing great hockey. I'll take the points, for sure, because god knows our offense isn't strong without him. But when they're not there -- and they won't be soon enough; Spezza's not going to lead the NHL in points this year -- he needs to be better at those other things, which he was at the end of last year.

The maddening thing about Spezza is that he seems to put it all together when it doesn't really matter (like the end of last season), and that makes him wildly inconsistent. At 28, it's time he figure it out and play with consistency. If he puts up 100+ points and plays like last night, whatever, it is what it is. But if he puts up 60 points and plays like he did last night, I can't imagine what argument people will concoct in his favour next.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=5519

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum