You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Even when he plays his best hockey, he won't be hitting or blocking shots, so don't look into those stats too much wprager.

I was just looking into the kinds of things that people would translate into "playing the best hockey of his career". I should have also looked at giveaways vs. takeaways, but was a bit lazy -- and by that I mean busy, of course.

By the way, re-watched the 1st period with a critical eye on a few players. Most notably, Spezza. He had a very decent, solid period. He created chances, had a fantastic pass to Kuba for the PP goal, and you could hardly blame him on the tying goal, even though he got the -1. Granted, he did not impose his presence on the shooter, did not try to block the shot, so yes, there was more that he could have done. But the bigger culprit on the play was the soft defending of the crease.

Anyhow, he a a great last three shifts in the third and, from what I observed, a very good first period. So where is this 95% awful coming from?

Do you want a straight up calculation or something? Point was he didn't have a good game for the majority of the time he was on the ice. The biggest gaff was in the second when he was the 3rd man in and was the reason for that 4 on 2 where they scored. Also some give aways in his own zone in some really bad spots. Better teams will put those in the back of the net and probably won't allow Spezza or the Sens to have those miracle come backs with 30 seconds to play.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:
Do you want a straight up calculation or something? Point was he didn't have a good game for the majority of the time he was on the ice. The biggest gaff was in the second when he was the 3rd man in and was the reason for that 4 on 2 where they scored. Also some give aways in his own zone in some really bad spots. Better teams will put those in the back of the net and probably won't allow Spezza or the Sens to have those miracle come backs with 30 seconds to play.

Maybe that would help. You are saying he had a bad game except for the last three shifts and the only thing you bring up is the one bad shift where he was late getting out of the zone resulting in a 4-on-2 and a goal against. That's a bad play, not a bad game. Hell, Alfie had 2-3 bad giveaways just in the 1st period, and how about Karlsson (although, to be fair, you said Karlsson wasn't very good).

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
Montreal acquires Peteri Nokelainen and Garrett Stafford from Phoenix for Brock Trotter and a 7th rnd pick.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Maybe that would help. You are saying he had a bad game except for the last three shifts and the only thing you bring up is the one bad shift where he was late getting out of the zone resulting in a 4-on-2 and a goal against. That's a bad play, not a bad game. Hell, Alfie had 2-3 bad giveaways just in the 1st period, and how about Karlsson (although, to be fair, you said Karlsson wasn't very good).

He lost puck battles consistantly all night, didn't fight for his ice, made gaffs in the defensive zone, and strugled big time covering his point man. When they got onto the PP though, he was lights out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Team Canada 3rd jerseys leaked:

http://www.sportslogos.net/blog/2011/10/24/new-team-canada-alternate-jersey-leaked/

To be used at the World Jrs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

He lost puck battles consistantly all night, didn't fight for his ice, made gaffs in the defensive zone, and strugled big time covering his point man. When they got onto the PP though, he was lights out.

I didn't see evidence of that in the 1st period. Like I said, I re-watched it last night, specifically looking at each of his shifts. He looked fine to me. You can't say "consistantly all night".

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I didn't see evidence of that in the 1st period. Like I said, I re-watched it last night, specifically looking at each of his shifts. He looked fine to me. You can't say "consistantly all night".

Did you break it down in slo-mo and REALLY make an effort to find fault with Spezza's game? That's the best way to see how turrible he is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Slo-mo and frame-by-frame!

Although the latter one was mostly to verify close offside calls.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Battle of the Schenns tonight in Philly.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Battle of the Schenns tonight in Philly.

Is that Bryan Murray saying Sens? Sarcasm

NEELY

Mod
Mod
wprager wrote:Slo-mo and frame-by-frame!

You realize there is a lot going on during a game that isn't presented to a TV viewing audience right?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:Slo-mo and frame-by-frame!

You realize there is a lot going on during a game that isn't presented to a TV viewing audience right?

Can we take all the Spezza love and hate to the Spezza thread. Currently, it is spanning three to four threads.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
I wasn't even the one who brought it up in this thread.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=378828

Sarnia Sting forward, 2012 Draft eligible Alex Galchenyuk, will have surgery on a torn ACL.

He could fall in the draft as a result, as seen with other players in the past (Cowen, Peumpel).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, I read that...big blow to Sarnia.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
At same time will be a test for Yakupov to still get it done without him.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Dash wrote:http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=378828

Sarnia Sting forward, 2012 Draft eligible Alex Galchenyuk, will have surgery on a torn ACL.

He could fall in the draft as a result, as seen with other players in the past (Cowen, Peumpel).

Would be good pick for us if we somehow manage to finish outside the lottery, we got a history of drafting such players Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Pronger hit in the eye with a stick - could be bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum