GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 67]

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:Either way, I think Philly was right to do what they did. It proved a point. I've always been in favour of an illegal defense penalty and this just re-enforced my opinion.

I totally agree. The 1st time they did it, I thought it showed TB up in a huge way at home. Even the 2nd time, but then it got old and boring and I started to think that the Flyers couldn't come up with a solution to it.

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:

That's what I got out of the bit I watched - which was Dung hockey BTW.

Marty Fraudeur disagrees.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:Either way, I think Philly was right to do what they did. It proved a point. I've always been in favour of an illegal defense penalty and this just re-enforced my opinion.

I totally agree. The 1st time they did it, I thought it showed TB up in a huge way at home. Even the 2nd time, but then it got old and boring and I started to think that the Flyers couldn't come up with a solution to it.

It was to prove a point all night, they made it. Hopefully other teams take that approch as well because no pressure hockey is awful to watch. Quebec is absolutely the worst for it and that's why you don't see of skill coming out of there anymore.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Teemu Selane on Fat Penner:

A funny story about Dustin Penner, my ex-team buddy comes to my mind. A little bit lazy guy who had to be treated a bit harshly. Carlyle pestered him the whole year, so much that I was worried could Dustin take it. Carlyle repeated several times the phrase "******'n Penner, ******'n Penner". After the season Dustin laughed to us that he was beginning to suspect his first name was actually ****'n. I think the fact that we won Stanley Cup that year helped to make him laugh.

http://blogit.mtv3.fi/salama/2011/11/03/reissussa-on-raskaampaa-havita/

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
It was to prove a point all night, they made it. Hopefully other teams take that approch as well because no pressure hockey is awful to watch. Quebec is absolutely the worst for it and that's why you don't see of skill coming out of there anymore.

So is it wrong to think Guy Boucher is a great (up and coming) NHL coach ?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Crosby ruled out for the Pens' next two games...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ben Scrivens starts in goal for Toronto tonight against St. Louis.

I'm a bit surprised... but I guess what does Ron have to lose after the last two games...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Ben Scrivens starts in goal for Toronto tonight against St. Louis.

I'm a bit surprised... but I guess what does Ron have to lose after the last two games...


Oh boy, he has the potential to be lit up good.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Ben Scrivens starts in goal for Toronto tonight against St. Louis.

I'm a bit surprised... but I guess what does Ron have to lose after the last two games...


Hopefully many, many, many... more games! Wolfie

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:
I'm a bit surprised... but I guess what does Ron have to lose after the last two games...


His job ? Laughing3

You know Scott Gordon is just licking his chops ....

The crap we put up with Leclaire and Elliott last year I can't help but laugh at what' happening in TO.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They should bring Gerber back...

Wink

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispenser wrote:Hagman officially waived today. You know how I feel, he'd help on the wing. Smile

SD : Has there ever been a player on the wire you didn't want us to pickup? PillowFight

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
This is the final year of Hagman's deal, and claiming him is up to Ottawa/Melnyk if he wants to pay pro-rated amount on the $3M he is signed for.

But since it is becoming clear Butler needs some more development, would Hagman be a good 3rd/4th line guy? I'm certain he is a pretty decent/exceptional PKer.

He'd pretty much be an NHLer who can provide some depth for the Sens so they can demote players and not have to call up others for the sake of it.

EDIT: Not to mention Calgary's not exactly doing too well, and it is possible to get Hagman for nothing, give him limited ice time and ensure he plays well so that you then have an option of flipping him at the deadline for something.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Hagman officially waived today. You know how I feel, he'd help on the wing. Smile

SD : Has there ever been a player on the wire you didn't want us to pickup? PillowFight

Laugh1 In all honesty it completely depends on the player. For someone like Hagman, I like to think he's still got a fair bit to offer - 4 points in 8 games in Calgary this year too - a year and a bit removed from a nice 25 goal season. He's not gonna dog it, I've never heard him called lazy or not trying, he's just in one of the crappiest places to play hockey in the league right now, with Shrek as his coach who always looks positively stumped behind the bench.

I also take into account the risk is very low - except for $$ of course - and as Dash suggested, I think he could be a nice fit and possibly be traded at the deadline if need be.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Columbus getting dominated early by the Hawks... Chi up 4-1 in the 1st.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Hagman officially waived today. You know how I feel, he'd help on the wing. Smile

SD : Has there ever been a player on the wire you didn't want us to pickup? PillowFight

Laugh1 In all honesty it completely depends on the player. For someone like Hagman, I like to think he's still got a fair bit to offer - 4 points in 8 games in Calgary this year too - a year and a bit removed from a nice 25 goal season. He's not gonna dog it, I've never heard him called lazy or not trying, he's just in one of the crappiest places to play hockey in the league right now, with Shrek as his coach who always looks positively stumped behind the bench.

I also take into account the risk is very low - except for $$ of course - and as Dash suggested, I think he could be a nice fit and possibly be traded at the deadline if need be.

My only logic is, if picking up a guy like Hagman for nothing (except his cap hit) allows the Sens to send a guy who isn't quite NHL ready yet, and lets them keep those guys down there and develop properly, and Hagman can fill in from anywhere from 2nd to 4th lines. He's an NHL veteran who has four 20+ point seasons, and two 40+ pt seasons, and is a decent PKer, there really isn't much to lose.

As I said, it will take pressure off some young guys, give some depth, some stability, some experience. And at worst, he walks after this year, or you waive him, or scratch him. Whatever. At best, he is a tradeable asset.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bobby Mac thinks there might have been a trade in Columbus tonight...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Bobby Mac thinks there might have been a trade in Columbus tonight...

allow me....

TONIGHT?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! Ahhhhh!

/SeawaySensFan-ism Laughing3

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum