You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Pronger will wear a visor when he returns.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
shabbs wrote:Jacques Martin's gotta be feeling the heat... Habs lose at home to FLA 2-1.

1 win so far.

It's all Price's fault -- huge pressure to get him his win #100. Seriously, though, I expected the FLA loss, really. And now it gets tough with Flyers and two against Boston. They could still be waiting for Price's 100 when they visit Ottawa in November. Although I think they'll take one of the Boston games.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:Pronger will wear a visor when he returns.

Why not goggles.

I really don't understand players. I had a crappy visor that fogged up and later developed "bruises" (not sure what else to call them -- eventually just threw it away), but these guys can afford the very best. All the skill players wear them and it's not stopping them from doing magic, so don't tell me it affects their vision. Plus all players playing today had to wear full face shields through junior, so they are used to it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
yeah I hope they fire everyone and go the firesale route. cuz they are nowhere near where we are in terms of prospects. they have some good present pieces but it's not a contending team.
I could live with them being worst then us Naughty

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jagr was on fire last night! He got sprung a few times... popped two goals in on breakaways. Flashes of the old Jagr. heh heh.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Pronger will wear a visor when he returns.

Why not goggles.

I really don't understand players. I had a crappy visor that fogged up and later developed "bruises" (not sure what else to call them -- eventually just threw it away), but these guys can afford the very best. All the skill players wear them and it's not stopping them from doing magic, so don't tell me it affects their vision. Plus all players playing today had to wear full face shields through junior, so they are used to it.
It's about the look. Same reason they like to wear their chin straps loose... they don't want to look like a dweeb. It's stupid, but it is what it is.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Wonder when the Leafs are going to beat a team with a winning record? Same old Leafs, different season.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Interesting choice of jersey numbers for Justin Bieber and GF Selena Gomez (at the Jets game)...

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 5 Enhanc10

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dash wrote:Interesting choice of jersey numbers for Justin Bieber and GF Selena Gomez (at the Jets game)...

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 5 Enhanc10
HA HA HA HA!

Deeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrty!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sad stat of the day... of the 5 worst teams in the NHL (as per the standings)... 4 of them are Canadian. Sens, Flames, Jets, Habs.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/standings/_/group/1

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Sad stat of the day... of the 5 worst teams in the NHL (as per the standings)... 4 of them are Canadian. Sens, Flames, Jets, Habs.

That wouldn't bother me if the Leafs were among the 5. Soon enough, soon enough....

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Sad stat of the day... of the 5 worst teams in the NHL (as per the standings)... 4 of them are Canadian. Sens, Flames, Jets, Habs.

That's not so sad.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
La Femme wrote:
shabbs wrote:
La Femme wrote:
Da lil Guy wrote:Yeah - surprised no riots yet.

Don't they riot only after wins?
WIN = RIOT!

LOSS = RIOT!

NO GAME TODAY = RIOT!!!

Wink

Free poutine = RIOT!

McJacques will have to ask his 14 year old manager if he's authorized to give out free poutine.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 5 2004-011

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's not so sad.
Heh heh.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
La Femme wrote:
shabbs wrote:
La Femme wrote:

WIN = RIOT!

LOSS = RIOT!

NO GAME TODAY = RIOT!!!

Wink

Free poutine = RIOT!

McJacques will have to ask his 14 year old manager if he's authorized to give out free poutine.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 5 2004-011

Haha, it even has his nametag.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Apparently Cody Franson is 'available' from the Leafs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
La Femme wrote:
shabbs wrote:
La Femme wrote:

WIN = RIOT!

LOSS = RIOT!

NO GAME TODAY = RIOT!!!

Wink

Free poutine = RIOT!

Haha, it even has his nametag.

McJacques is a stickler for detail.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Hasn't been playing well, and they have too many defenceman. Komisarek's been often mentioned too, but comes at a higher cap hit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum