You are not connected. Please login or register

» Ottawa Senators » GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators- 7:30pm ET -Sunday, October 30th, 2011

GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators- 7:30pm ET -Sunday, October 30th, 2011

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Leafs Line up:

Lupul-Connolly-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabovski-MacArthur
Lombardi-Bozak-Frattin
Steckel-Dupuis-Brown

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Schenn
Liles-Komisarek

Gustavsson
Scrivens

Senator's Line up:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Da Costa-Butler
Rooster-Smith-Neil
Winchester-Konopka-Condra

Kuba-Karlsson
Cowen-Gonchar
Phillips-Rundblad

Lehner
Anderson

Sens Notes:

- After a bit of a slow start, Robin Lehner has posted astounding numbers on his way to a 4-2 record with an excellent .927 Save % in Binghamton. This will be his first start for MacLean in a regular season NHL game and he'll be under the gun against the Leafs.

- The line of Greening - Spezza - Michalek are on a tear. Combining for 5 points last night, they were pivotal in turning the tide against the Rangers, with Michalek scoring both the tying goal and the shootout winning goal, Spezza scoring 2 in the third and Greening making Lundqvist's life hell. Look for more of the same!

- The return of Gonchar and Kuba is widely celebrated right now in Sensland, and why not. They've both played some of their best hockey to date for the Sens recently and look to continue.

- 29:45, 2 assists (NHL assist leader, NHL D-man point leader) = Erik Karlsson. What the heck else can you say? He's the bee's knees.

- Butler draws in - although Filatov was called up, it appears that Butler will draw into the lineup tonight - or is there another lineup change on the way? Certainly won't be Konopka, unless he gets suspended...

- Alfredsson won't play tonight after a hit to the head by Wolski last night in NY, his long term status is unknown.

- Da Costa has another big game tonight to show that he belongs as the 2c - and to support Spezza and co. Watch out for Dion!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
That Wolski ruling doesn't make sense on any level, now. There was a penalty given on the play, so the refs saw that as an illegal hit. Wolski, himself, said he thought it was a clean hit, which means he admits it was a hit. Shanahan says he was just bracing himself as Alfie skated into him.

Now, I'll stand by what I said earlier (in yesterday's GDT) that I didn't think he would get a lot, because Alfie *did* veer to his right at the last second, so I don't think Wolski went out of his way to hit him, like some have said. But he did stick his elbow out, and it was assessed by the on-ice referee as an illegal check to the head.

Sorry, when *I* brace myself for impact I tuck my elbows in against my sides, not stick them out. That was a weak explanation, to say the least.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Next time we play the Rangers, I want Spezza to drop him -- why Spezza? Because he will never expect it, and because Spezza's reputation as a no-hitter is well known.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Should be noted that Kessel is on fire - 10 goals and 18 points for the league lead in both categories.

Four of Michalek's 7 goals have come on the PP.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oh yeah, I never did Toronto notes. Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let's Cussing do this!!! GO SENS GO!!!! White hot!!!!!

Was in Ottawa last night for a party and caught the OT and SO session of the game.

SWEET!

The jersey is 5-0!!!!!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
GAME DAY:Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators- 7:30pm ET -Sunday, October 30th, 2011 MRdPe

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Anderson is on twitter. Here's what he had to say after the Carolina win:

CraigAnderson41 Criag Anderson
Shootout win! Nothing better to decide the game. I'm not a forward but its gotta be a stressful moment for them. I'm glad I'm the goalie.
25 Oct Favorite Retweet Reply

I can't agree with his second sentence. I can't. I won't. But it's awesome hearing your goalie saying he loves it and feels bad for the forwards Smile

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore
Dash wrote:Should be noted that Kessel is on fire - 10 goals and 18 points for the league lead in both categories.

Four of Michalek's 7 goals have come on the PP.
Isn't he over a goal a game against Ottawa in his career?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Start getting ramped up for this one. Awwwwww Yeahhhhhh...

Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I've been wearing my old third since my kid's practice at 1:30. I hurt in a few places -- at my age, anything more than being a pylon on the ice is dangerous. And my old helmet is too tight. And too red Sad

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Konopka is scratched. Neither Rosehill nor Orr is dressing -- probably had something to do with that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Interesting...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Konopka is scratched. Neither Rosehill nor Orr is dressing -- probably had something to do with that.

Hopefully Phaneuf doesn't take any cheapshots on Spezza or Michalek.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:Konopka is scratched. Neither Rosehill nor Orr is dressing -- probably had something to do with that.

Hopefully Phaneuf doesn't take any cheapshots on Spezza or Michalek.

Phaneuf hits hard but not dirty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum