You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
By odd, do you mean odd man OUT?

You're right, Andersson would have faced Calgary quite a bit while he was in Colorado, and he was also drafted by them.

But Chris "Big Rig" Phillips was BORN in Calgary.

Ok, how about Ottawa gets 3 players to watch?

Phillips (has to be solid defensively), Anderson (also has to remain sharp like he has been recently) and Michalek (has to continue to score as he has been).

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Panzeri: Looks like David Rundblad will be Ottawa's odd defenceman tonight against the Flames.

Look out, I'm pissed! NoWayyyyy

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Panzeri: Looks like David Rundblad will be Ottawa's odd defenceman tonight against the Flames.

Look out, I'm pissed! NoWayyyyy

First thing that popped in my head when Rundblad made that turrible giveaway against the Rangers: "Lee wouldn't have done that." Just sayin'

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Diddle, I hate that he's scratched again...

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe PMac is looking for some added toughness vs the Western teams.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BooBoo confirms Anderson starts in goal.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle, I hate that he's scratched again...

Why? He's sucked noodles the last two games. Plus they made it clear they want to ease him into the season so he doesn't burn out too quickly. And maybe they're showcasing Lee for Brassard? Keep ya head up Comfort

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Michallica wrote:

Why? He's sucked noodles the last two games. Plus they made it clear they want to ease him into the season so he doesn't burn out too quickly. And maybe they're showcasing Lee for Brassard? Keep ya head up Comfort

My issue right now is that Rundblad is gonna have some bad times, but he provides such a huge upgrade in skill to Lee that I thought Mac would play him. Plus, I want him to learn in game instead of in practice, he's too good to be sat around.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
well something's gonna give real soon. I think Carkner will be ready to go after the western trip.

On that note, how many weeks since regin got injured?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Michallica wrote:well something's gonna give real soon. I think Carkner will be ready to go after the western trip.

Yeah, this is what I don't get really. There HAS to be a move soon, whether it's just waiving Lee or not, there has to be.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:

My issue right now is that Rundblad is gonna have some bad times, but he provides such a huge upgrade in skill to Lee that I thought Mac would play him. Plus, I want him to learn in game instead of in practice, he's too good to be sat around.

The mistakes Rundblad has made the last few games might be rookie mistakes, but they are mistakes where you sit him. It was poor decision making, it was lacksidasical passes, being soft, and just generally not being mentally in the game. You sit his Donkey until he gets the message.

The NHL is a hard league to play in, you send the message early and often. You play hard or you sit. Behind the back passes behind your own goal is totally unacceptable. Not taking your man to the net is totally unacceptable. You put the fear of God in him, if he doesn't work hard, he doesn't play.

No issues' Rundblad sitting for a game or three.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:well something's gonna give real soon. I think Carkner will be ready to go after the western trip.

Yeah, this is what I don't get really. There HAS to be a move soon, whether it's just waiving Lee or not, there has to be.

How about sending Rundblad to Bingo?

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
we should totally be winning this game tonight.

as for rundblad being out of the line-up and brian Lee in I don't want to add fuel to the fire but is there any CBJ scouts in attendance tonight?

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Not sure if what Rundblad needs to learn should be learned in Bingo. He might be too good for the AHL in all honesty and the last thing you want is for him to walk through the games. That's the problem with sending Rundblad down.

The NHL is the right spot for him, IMO. AHL I think would be more of a joke.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
NEELY wrote:
The mistakes Rundblad has made the last few games might be rookie mistakes, but they are mistakes where you sit him. It was poor decision making, it was lacksidasical passes, being soft, and just generally not being mentally in the game. You sit his Donkey until he gets the message.

The NHL is a hard league to play in, you send the message early and often. You play hard or you sit. Behind the back passes behind your own goal is totally unacceptable. Not taking your man to the net is totally unacceptable. You put the fear of God in him, if he doesn't work hard, he doesn't play.

I agree, the behind the back pass that resulted in a goal was cause for him to spend 2 weeks in the AHL, but since there's no sign of him going to the AHL, it seems like a real waste to sit him.

If he's too good for the AHL, he should record 2 points a game and be a big + player, so let him have some time.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:we should totally be winning this game tonight.

as for rundblad being out of the line-up and brian Lee in I don't want to add fuel to the fire but is there any CBJ scouts in attendance tonight?

The only thing I've ever heard is that we're scouting Edmonton and they're scouting us - and now I can't even remember who said that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Brassard talk, I forgot about that.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I agree, the behind the back pass that resulted in a goal was cause for him to spend 2 weeks in the AHL, but since there's no sign of him going to the AHL, it seems like a real waste to sit him.

If he's too good for the AHL, he should record 2 points a game and be a big + player, so let him have some time.

That behind the back pass might actually work in the AHL... then what? What does he learn? Hey, it worked in the AHL it will work in the NHL?

Watching from the stands and working hard in practice, day in and day out will turn Rundblad into a top tier player. Doing stupid crap in the AHL that will probably work because his skill level is so much higher than everyone elses... not so much.

Look at Corey Locke, he never learned anything in the AHL. All of his faults were covered up by the fact he was just so much more tallented then everyone that he never got better at anything he had problems with. Compete level, skating, defense, etc. He was held down there too long and his development stalled and he is what he is today because of that. If Rundblad goes down he will be doing things that are pretty amazing but you want him to develop as a player and that's why he should be in the NHL, even if he's sitting in the press box.

Being in the AHL should not be a punishment and it isn't. Being in the AHL is for the soul purpose of doing what's best for the player, that's it. The sooner a lot of fans figure that out, the better.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
A fair point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum