Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:19 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:we should totally be winning this game tonight.

    as for rundblad being out of the line-up and brian Lee in I don't want to add fuel to the fire but is there any CBJ scouts in attendance tonight?

    The only thing I've ever heard is that we're scouting Edmonton and they're scouting us - and now I can't even remember who said that.

    EDIT: Oh yeah, the Brassard talk, I forgot about that.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by NEELY on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:26 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    The mistakes Rundblad has made the last few games might be rookie mistakes, but they are mistakes where you sit him. It was poor decision making, it was lacksidasical passes, being soft, and just generally not being mentally in the game. You sit his Donkey until he gets the message.

    The NHL is a hard league to play in, you send the message early and often. You play hard or you sit. Behind the back passes behind your own goal is totally unacceptable. Not taking your man to the net is totally unacceptable. You put the fear of God in him, if he doesn't work hard, he doesn't play.

    No issues' Rundblad sitting for a game or three.

    I agree, the behind the back pass that resulted in a goal was cause for him to spend 2 weeks in the AHL, but since there's no sign of him going to the AHL, it seems like a real waste to sit him.

    If he's too good for the AHL, he should record 2 points a game and be a big + player, so let him have some time.

    That behind the back pass might actually work in the AHL... then what? What does he learn? Hey, it worked in the AHL it will work in the NHL?

    Watching from the stands and working hard in practice, day in and day out will turn Rundblad into a top tier player. Doing stupid crap in the AHL that will probably work because his skill level is so much higher than everyone elses... not so much.

    Look at Corey Locke, he never learned anything in the AHL. All of his faults were covered up by the fact he was just so much more tallented then everyone that he never got better at anything he had problems with. Compete level, skating, defense, etc. He was held down there too long and his development stalled and he is what he is today because of that. If Rundblad goes down he will be doing things that are pretty amazing but you want him to develop as a player and that's why he should be in the NHL, even if he's sitting in the press box.

    Being in the AHL should not be a punishment and it isn't. Being in the AHL is for the soul purpose of doing what's best for the player, that's it. The sooner a lot of fans figure that out, the better.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:10 pm

    A fair point.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 31
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by LeCaptain on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:18 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:we should totally be winning this game tonight.

    as for rundblad being out of the line-up and brian Lee in I don't want to add fuel to the fire but is there any CBJ scouts in attendance tonight?

    Maybe, maybe not. But there will be way more Western scouts than if the games were in the East.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8465
    Age : 33
    Location : San Jose, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:52 pm

    NEELY wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    The mistakes Rundblad has made the last few games might be rookie mistakes, but they are mistakes where you sit him. It was poor decision making, it was lacksidasical passes, being soft, and just generally not being mentally in the game. You sit his Donkey until he gets the message.

    The NHL is a hard league to play in, you send the message early and often. You play hard or you sit. Behind the back passes behind your own goal is totally unacceptable. Not taking your man to the net is totally unacceptable. You put the fear of God in him, if he doesn't work hard, he doesn't play.

    No issues' Rundblad sitting for a game or three.

    I agree, the behind the back pass that resulted in a goal was cause for him to spend 2 weeks in the AHL, but since there's no sign of him going to the AHL, it seems like a real waste to sit him.

    If he's too good for the AHL, he should record 2 points a game and be a big + player, so let him have some time.

    That behind the back pass might actually work in the AHL... then what? What does he learn? Hey, it worked in the AHL it will work in the NHL?

    Watching from the stands and working hard in practice, day in and day out will turn Rundblad into a top tier player. Doing stupid crap in the AHL that will probably work because his skill level is so much higher than everyone elses... not so much.

    Look at Corey Locke, he never learned anything in the AHL. All of his faults were covered up by the fact he was just so much more tallented then everyone that he never got better at anything he had problems with. Compete level, skating, defense, etc. He was held down there too long and his development stalled and he is what he is today because of that. If Rundblad goes down he will be doing things that are pretty amazing but you want him to develop as a player and that's why he should be in the NHL, even if he's sitting in the press box.

    Being in the AHL should not be a punishment and it isn't. Being in the AHL is for the soul purpose of doing what's best for the player, that's it. The sooner a lot of fans figure that out, the better.

    You raise some good points, but we can't completely discredit the +ive effect the AHL can have on a player. Why send any player to develop in the AHL in the first place if all they'll do is develop bad habits that work there? Simply because that's not always the case. I agree with Rundblad sitting btw, but I also don't think AHL would hurt him. Did it hurt Karlsson?

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 66
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by sandysensfan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:56 pm

    Michallica wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    The mistakes Rundblad has made the last few games might be rookie mistakes, but they are mistakes where you sit him. It was poor decision making, it was lacksidasical passes, being soft, and just generally not being mentally in the game. You sit his Donkey until he gets the message.

    The NHL is a hard league to play in, you send the message early and often. You play hard or you sit. Behind the back passes behind your own goal is totally unacceptable. Not taking your man to the net is totally unacceptable. You put the fear of God in him, if he doesn't work hard, he doesn't play.

    No issues' Rundblad sitting for a game or three.

    I agree, the behind the back pass that resulted in a goal was cause for him to spend 2 weeks in the AHL, but since there's no sign of him going to the AHL, it seems like a real waste to sit him.

    If he's too good for the AHL, he should record 2 points a game and be a big + player, so let him have some time.

    That behind the back pass might actually work in the AHL... then what? What does he learn? Hey, it worked in the AHL it will work in the NHL?

    Watching from the stands and working hard in practice, day in and day out will turn Rundblad into a top tier player. Doing stupid crap in the AHL that will probably work because his skill level is so much higher than everyone elses... not so much.

    Look at Corey Locke, he never learned anything in the AHL. All of his faults were covered up by the fact he was just so much more tallented then everyone that he never got better at anything he had problems with. Compete level, skating, defense, etc. He was held down there too long and his development stalled and he is what he is today because of that. If Rundblad goes down he will be doing things that are pretty amazing but you want him to develop as a player and that's why he should be in the NHL, even if he's sitting in the press box.

    Being in the AHL should not be a punishment and it isn't. Being in the AHL is for the soul purpose of doing what's best for the player, that's it. The sooner a lot of fans figure that out, the better.

    You raise some good points, but we can't completely discredit the +ive effect the AHL can have on a player. Why send any player to develop in the AHL in the first place if all they'll do is develop bad habits that work there? Simply because that's not always the case. I agree with Rundblad sitting btw, but I also don't think AHL would hurt him. Did it hurt Karlsson?

    Hate to get down on our prospects... but the B-Sens are brutal this year... They lost a lot of key players and now with Locke & Grant hurt & Daugavins in Ottawa... not much left down there. Sending a player down to develop with them now... not sure how they would do... Saw them last Sunday.... even Lehner had a bad game... Filatov did not exact impress.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8465
    Age : 33
    Location : San Jose, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:02 pm

    I can also present a scenario where Rundblad and DaCosta get sent to Bingo and help turn around their season. Then is it still bad for rundblad or dacosta to be down there?

    I'm not arguing that they should be sent down. I'm happy with them being in the nhl for now, but I really can't see the horrible effect the AHL can have. I mean, they won the championship last year, but still endured some tough stretches. Gotta learn to deal with adversity at all levels.

    EDIT: not to mention how much cushier it is to be in the NHL where u stay at 5-star hotels, take charter planes, get paid lots of $$$ as opposed to the low salary and bus rides in the ahl. Its humbling and keeps them on their toes that nothing is EVER just given to you.

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 66
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by sandysensfan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:34 pm

    Michallica wrote:I can also present a scenario where Rundblad and DaCosta get sent to Bingo and help turn around their season. Then is it still bad for rundblad or dacosta to be down there?

    I'm not arguing that they should be sent down. I'm happy with them being in the nhl for now, but I really can't see the horrible effect the AHL can have. I mean, they won the championship last year, but still endured some tough stretches. Gotta learn to deal with adversity at all levels.

    EDIT: not to mention how much cushier it is to be in the NHL where u stay at 5-star hotels, take charter planes, get paid lots of $$$ as opposed to the low salary and bus rides in the ahl. Its humbling and keeps them on their toes that nothing is EVER just given to you.

    Yeah they did have bad stretches last year... but they don't have Hale, Benoit, D Smith or Kinrade on the back end. Their top D is Borowiecki (I really like this guy) & Gryba...only 2nd yr players... After seeing them last Sunday get only 10 shots on net through 2 periods... yikes.

    Kleinendorst is good at development -- I just hope he stays after this year... but I have a feeling Sens will be looking for a new coach and asst coach in Bingo next year.

    Someone else also mentioned that he thinks the affiliation Bingo has with Ottawa expires after this season..... If so, will the B-Sens be relocated -- closer to Ottawa?

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by NEELY on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:03 pm

    Michallica wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    NEELY wrote:
    The mistakes Rundblad has made the last few games might be rookie mistakes, but they are mistakes where you sit him. It was poor decision making, it was lacksidasical passes, being soft, and just generally not being mentally in the game. You sit his Donkey until he gets the message.

    The NHL is a hard league to play in, you send the message early and often. You play hard or you sit. Behind the back passes behind your own goal is totally unacceptable. Not taking your man to the net is totally unacceptable. You put the fear of God in him, if he doesn't work hard, he doesn't play.

    No issues' Rundblad sitting for a game or three.

    I agree, the behind the back pass that resulted in a goal was cause for him to spend 2 weeks in the AHL, but since there's no sign of him going to the AHL, it seems like a real waste to sit him.

    If he's too good for the AHL, he should record 2 points a game and be a big + player, so let him have some time.

    That behind the back pass might actually work in the AHL... then what? What does he learn? Hey, it worked in the AHL it will work in the NHL?

    Watching from the stands and working hard in practice, day in and day out will turn Rundblad into a top tier player. Doing stupid crap in the AHL that will probably work because his skill level is so much higher than everyone elses... not so much.

    Look at Corey Locke, he never learned anything in the AHL. All of his faults were covered up by the fact he was just so much more tallented then everyone that he never got better at anything he had problems with. Compete level, skating, defense, etc. He was held down there too long and his development stalled and he is what he is today because of that. If Rundblad goes down he will be doing things that are pretty amazing but you want him to develop as a player and that's why he should be in the NHL, even if he's sitting in the press box.

    Being in the AHL should not be a punishment and it isn't. Being in the AHL is for the soul purpose of doing what's best for the player, that's it. The sooner a lot of fans figure that out, the better.

    You raise some good points, but we can't completely discredit the +ive effect the AHL can have on a player. Why send any player to develop in the AHL in the first place if all they'll do is develop bad habits that work there? Simply because that's not always the case. I agree with Rundblad sitting btw, but I also don't think AHL would hurt him. Did it hurt Karlsson?

    He was back up pretty quick because it was pointless. It wasn't a challenge on any level for him. He was a healthy scratch more than a few times after being called backup. Sometimes what they need to learn can only be learned at the NHL level. Rundblad is in that same mold.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49260
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by wprager on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:37 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:we should totally be winning this game tonight.

    as for rundblad being out of the line-up and brian Lee in I don't want to add fuel to the fire but is there any CBJ scouts in attendance tonight?

    Last time we won was in 2003. 8 years we've been saying we should be totally winning this game.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49260
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by wprager on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:47 pm

    By the way, didn't see it posted, but that own-goal in TO was awarded to Michalek (originally credited to Phillips).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 14303
    Age : 42
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:42 pm

    wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:we should totally be winning this game tonight.

    as for rundblad being out of the line-up and brian Lee in I don't want to add fuel to the fire but is there any CBJ scouts in attendance tonight?

    Last time we won was in 2003. 8 years we've been saying we should be totally winning this game.
    meh... we're not the same team and neither are they for that matter. we don't face them often enough to really have a real statistic on continuous losing. we'll own them tonight, trust me. Sarcasm
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21500
    Age : 27
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by Ev on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:47 pm

    we're getting raped
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 55209
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:02 pm

    Is this Lee's 2nd last game as a Sen, or is final game?
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49260
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by wprager on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:08 pm

    Peggy wrote:we're getting raped

    Thanks for reminding me. Almost forgot.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49260
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by wprager on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:19 pm

    Lee on the PP? Definitely being showcased.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49260
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by wprager on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:22 pm

    Matrix is on tonight.

    So is


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 49260
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by wprager on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 pm

    Karlsson -- what a recovery after getting caught deep. The guy's got wings.

    And a pretty decent mo' compared to last year.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: Game Day - Senators @ Flames, 9:00PM, Tuesday, Movember 15, 2011

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:28 am