• Post new topic
  • Reply to topic

Question about shipping from UK

Share

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
Registration date : 2009-07-09

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by spader on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:23 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:yeah I already checked that to make sure. They are region-free. Everyone is buying them from Amazon UK because of the HUGE price difference ($120 here in Canada.

It's like Subway only with DVDs.

The only sub that matters, The Pizza Sub, is the same price here as in the States. $5. There is no other sub that matters.

chicken bacon

Is that a Subway sub? If so, you should know that Subway doesn't really serve anything resembling chicken or steak for that matter.

Or, maybe you're just throwing out random meat-words...if that's the case:

turkey ham

It's the same as Timmy Ho's. Their "chicken" might not even be food, let alone meat. I can't eat that junk. To be completely honest, I can't stand Subway. Their veggies are disgusting. Everything there is either overly processed or overly preserved.

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21139
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by Ev on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 pm

The subway "chicken breast" sucks and is fake meat, but their "chicken" in the "chicken bacon ranch" is quality. Most expensive sub for a reason

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Ordered Harry Potter too. $48 CAD for 8 Cussing blurays? Sign me the Diddle up
avatar
Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21139
Age : 26
Location : We The North
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by Ev on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Don't know the movies well, but you can get the Alien Anthology blu-ray set for a total of $23 CAD (including shipping and fees) on Amazon UK.

conversely, it is $49.99 on .ca and $69.99 on .com
avatar
LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
Age : 30
Location : Montreal, QC
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Big Ev wrote:Don't know the movies well, but you can get the Alien Anthology blu-ray set for a total of $23 CAD (including shipping and fees) on Amazon UK.

conversely, it is $49.99 on .ca and $69.99 on .com

Whaaaaaat???

First 3 Aliens are classic, absolutely badass. When Sci-fi was the shizzle.
I'm jumping on that like a virgin on Jessica Alba

EDIT: And it doesn't include those pathetic VS Predators "sequels". I'm in.
avatar
LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
Age : 30
Location : Montreal, QC
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Back to the future Trilogy, Bourne Trilogy, and Alien Anthology for $80-ish MJ
avatar
Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21139
Age : 26
Location : We The North
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by Ev on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:12 pm

LeKid wrote:Back to the future Trilogy, Bourne Trilogy, and Alien Anthology for $80-ish MJ

Bought Bourne trilogy for $23.99 on Amazon US black friday.

Is Alien worth a blind buy?

was gonna buy Frozen Planet too, but it is region 2 only.
avatar
LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
Age : 30
Location : Montreal, QC
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by LeCaptain on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Alien is the Dung. It probably looks pretty good on HD too.
Sci-fi with a very good story, don't see that often.
avatar
wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 48523
Age : 56
Location : Kanata
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by wprager on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:40 pm

LeKid wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Don't know the movies well, but you can get the Alien Anthology blu-ray set for a total of $23 CAD (including shipping and fees) on Amazon UK.

conversely, it is $49.99 on .ca and $69.99 on .com

Whaaaaaat???

First 2 Aliens are classic, absolutely badass. When Sci-fi was the shizzle.
I'm jumping on that like a virgin on Jessica Alba

EDIT: And it doesn't include those pathetic VS Predators "sequels". I'm in.

FYP


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox
avatar
Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21139
Age : 26
Location : We The North
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by Ev on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:00 am

LeKid wrote:Alien is the Dung. It probably looks pretty good on HD too.
Sci-fi with a very good story, don't see that often.

ok I bought it. even though I hate horror and it says that these are horror...
avatar
tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16627
Age : 35
Location : Ottawa
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:15 am

Yeah, the 3rd and 4th Alien movies are crap, but the first two are spectacular (particulary the 2nd, Aliens).

"It's game over man! Game over!"
avatar
wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 48523
Age : 56
Location : Kanata
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by wprager on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Big Ev wrote:
LeKid wrote:Alien is the Dung. It probably looks pretty good on HD too.
Sci-fi with a very good story, don't see that often.

ok I bought it. even though I hate horror and it says that these are horror...

Alien is a Ridley-Effing-Scott sci fi classic. In some ways, though, Aliens (the second) is better. The two together are awesome. I must get this.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox
avatar
tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16627
Age : 35
Location : Ottawa
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Rockon Cool Ridley Scott is making a new Alein movie...A prequel to the first one.



Vertigo Ahhhhh! :KKK: Cheers TwoThumbsUp! Dancing Dumbo NOT! Snoopydance :spaz: HappyDance1 Dancing RocknRoll
avatar
LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
Age : 30
Location : Montreal, QC
Favorite Team : Ottawa
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by LeCaptain on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:08 am

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
LeKid wrote:Alien is the Dung. It probably looks pretty good on HD too.
Sci-fi with a very good story, don't see that often.

ok I bought it. even though I hate horror and it says that these are horror...

Alien is a Ridley-Effing-Scott sci fi classic. In some ways, though, Aliens (the second) is better. The two together are awesome. I must get this.

1st one is Scott, 2nd James Cameron and 3rd is Fincher. I like all 3 directors, but Ridley Scott is a legend.
His next movie out next year with Charlize Theron and Naomi Rapace is I believe his first reunion with Sci-fi. Damon Lindelof (Lost) is one of the writers Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Re: Question about shipping from UK

Post by Sponsored content

  • Post new topic
  • Reply to topic

Current date/time is Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:20 pm