GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
Dash wrote:Half of his goals were scored on the powerplay. And yup, he's a UFA after this season and is making $675K.

In his last 3 seasons with Floria, he went from playing 1 game, to 39 the next, to 73 last season. His goals went from 0, to 2, to 5. With 8 this season he has more than he has in his past 3 seasons and is on pace for ~28 goals.

Apparently playing with Campbell is all he needed. I have no idea how his defensive game stacks up (must be decent), but just watch his shot. Amazing.

I'm not going to say that all of the credit is due to playing with certain teammates, but it happens quite a bit where an average player has a breakout year all of a sudden under the right conditions.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Dash wrote:Half of his goals were scored on the powerplay. And yup, he's a UFA after this season and is making $675K.

In his last 3 seasons with Floria, he went from playing 1 game, to 39 the next, to 73 last season. His goals went from 0, to 2, to 5. With 8 this season he has more than he has in his past 3 seasons and is on pace for ~28 goals.

Apparently playing with Campbell is all he needed. I have no idea how his defensive game stacks up (must be decent), but just watch his shot. Amazing.

I'm not going to say that all of the credit is due to playing with certain teammates, but it happens quite a bit where an average player has a breakout year all of a sudden under the right conditions.

In other words, the team that pays him 4-5 million per year on a 5 year term might be in trouble.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star
I think the only position the Sens can justly fill is the 2nd line C role. Da Costa can go down to Bingo.

Regin will come back at some point, but given his history, depth at C is necessary.

I see no reason why anyone else in the line-up right now deserves to be demoted. Team is winning, and only really recently developing a team identity.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

In other words, the team that pays him 4-5 million per year on a 5 year term might be in trouble.

Well yeah, but that is also a huge overpayment. More realistically I would see a twofold increase (~1.2-1.5M).

You don't want another Pisani or Cheechoo situation.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Dash wrote:I think the only position the Sens can justly fill is the 2nd line C role. Da Costa can go down to Bingo.

Regin will come back at some point, but given his history, depth at C is necessary.

I see no reason why anyone else in the line-up right now deserves to be demoted. Team is winning, and only really recently developing a team identity.

Yep, strange for the Ottawa Senators to be passing on a young 20+ goal guy, but team unity/identity is a huge thing. Also, I'd lay low and let Regin take care of it personally. If he gets hurt again, then I'd move Z.Smith up to play with Alfie and Foligno, promote Winchester to line 3 and try out either D.Grant (not ready) or Jim O'Brien (appeared ready to me) as 4th line C.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Looks like young Blake Comeau is up for grabs, kids.

Thoughts?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like young Blake Comeau is up for grabs, kids.

Thoughts?

We already decided it's a no-go.

Case CLOSED.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Reimer out still at least another 10 days.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
According to SensChirp, the price on Turris is a 1st and a prospect.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:According to SensChirp, the price on Turris is a 1st and a prospect.

According to Big Ev, Sens Chrip is a hack.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:According to SensChirp, the price on Turris is a 1st and a prospect.

I guess they don't want to move him then! lol

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod
If anyone wants to stream some games at work tomorrow there are plenty of good ones on;

Detroit vs Boston - 1pm
NJ vs NYI - 3pm
Montreal vs Philly - 3pm

Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I guess they don't want to move him then! lol

Yeah, no kidding.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Stoopid high price.

Welcome to Phoenix Turris.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SensGirl11 wrote:If anyone wants to stream some games at work tomorrow there are plenty of good ones on;

Detroit vs Boston - 1pm
NJ vs NYI - 3pm
Montreal vs Philly - 3pm

Ahhhhh!

Go Wings! Go Flyers!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
IceJerseys.com has a Black Friday deal on customizations -- 40% off (regular cost is $74, jersey is $124.50, so total cost is $168.90 plus taxes (free shipping).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
No Comeau - claimed by Flames

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Andre Deveaux Suspended 3 games for his hit to the head on Fleischmann. The TSN panel was predicting 6-8 games. So I guess Shanahan is unpredictable. It was a dirty hit, but I would say that Wolski should have gotten a suspension too (beating an old horse). But I guess being Deveaux is worthy of a suspension whereas being Wolski isn't.

Re: Comeau:

Ottawa probably would have had first claim on him over Calgary right? So I guess they had no interest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum