General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Riprock on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:48 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Dash wrote:Half of his goals were scored on the powerplay. And yup, he's a UFA after this season and is making $675K.

In his last 3 seasons with Floria, he went from playing 1 game, to 39 the next, to 73 last season. His goals went from 0, to 2, to 5. With 8 this season he has more than he has in his past 3 seasons and is on pace for ~28 goals.

Apparently playing with Campbell is all he needed. I have no idea how his defensive game stacks up (must be decent), but just watch his shot. Amazing.

I'm not going to say that all of the credit is due to playing with certain teammates, but it happens quite a bit where an average player has a breakout year all of a sudden under the right conditions.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54403
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Dash wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    Dash wrote:Half of his goals were scored on the powerplay. And yup, he's a UFA after this season and is making $675K.

In his last 3 seasons with Floria, he went from playing 1 game, to 39 the next, to 73 last season. His goals went from 0, to 2, to 5. With 8 this season he has more than he has in his past 3 seasons and is on pace for ~28 goals.

Apparently playing with Campbell is all he needed. I have no idea how his defensive game stacks up (must be decent), but just watch his shot. Amazing.

I'm not going to say that all of the credit is due to playing with certain teammates, but it happens quite a bit where an average player has a breakout year all of a sudden under the right conditions.

In other words, the team that pays him 4-5 million per year on a 5 year term might be in trouble.

Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:52 pm

I think the only position the Sens can justly fill is the 2nd line C role. Da Costa can go down to Bingo.

Regin will come back at some point, but given his history, depth at C is necessary.

I see no reason why anyone else in the line-up right now deserves to be demoted. Team is winning, and only really recently developing a team identity.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Riprock on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:54 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
    Dash wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

In other words, the team that pays him 4-5 million per year on a 5 year term might be in trouble.

Well yeah, but that is also a huge overpayment. More realistically I would see a twofold increase (~1.2-1.5M).

You don't want another Pisani or Cheechoo situation.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Dash wrote:I think the only position the Sens can justly fill is the 2nd line C role. Da Costa can go down to Bingo.

Regin will come back at some point, but given his history, depth at C is necessary.

I see no reason why anyone else in the line-up right now deserves to be demoted. Team is winning, and only really recently developing a team identity.

Yep, strange for the Ottawa Senators to be passing on a young 20+ goal guy, but team unity/identity is a huge thing. Also, I'd lay low and let Regin take care of it personally. If he gets hurt again, then I'd move Z.Smith up to play with Alfie and Foligno, promote Winchester to line 3 and try out either D.Grant (not ready) or Jim O'Brien (appeared ready to me) as 4th line C.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24764
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Looks like young Blake Comeau is up for grabs, kids.

Thoughts?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16317
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:01 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like young Blake Comeau is up for grabs, kids.

Thoughts?

We already decided it's a no-go.

Case CLOSED.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16317
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Reimer out still at least another 10 days.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:03 pm

According to SensChirp, the price on Turris is a 1st and a prospect.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20853
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:07 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:According to SensChirp, the price on Turris is a 1st and a prospect.

According to Big Ev, Sens Chrip is a hack.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24764
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:14 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:According to SensChirp, the price on Turris is a 1st and a prospect.

I guess they don't want to move him then! lol
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 5050
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

Post by SensGirl11 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:17 pm

If anyone wants to stream some games at work tomorrow there are plenty of good ones on;

Detroit vs Boston - 1pm
    NJ vs NYI - 3pm
    Montreal vs Philly - 3pm

Ahhhhh!
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:31 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I guess they don't want to move him then! lol

Yeah, no kidding.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Stoopid high price.

Welcome to Phoenix Turris.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47936

Post by wprager on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:44 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:If anyone wants to stream some games at work tomorrow there are plenty of good ones on;

Detroit vs Boston - 1pm
    NJ vs NYI - 3pm
    Montreal vs Philly - 3pm

Ahhhhh!

Go Wings! Go Flyers!

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47936

Post by wprager on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:28 pm

IceJerseys.com has a Black Friday deal on customizations -- 40% off (regular cost is $74, jersey is $124.50, so total cost is $168.90 plus taxes (free shipping).

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20853
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:17 pm

No Comeau - claimed by Flames
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Andre Deveaux Suspended 3 games for his hit to the head on Fleischmann. The TSN panel was predicting 6-8 games. So I guess Shanahan is unpredictable. It was a dirty hit, but I would say that Wolski should have gotten a suspension too (beating an old horse). But I guess being Deveaux is worthy of a suspension whereas being Wolski isn't.

Re: Comeau:

Ottawa probably would have had first claim on him over Calgary right? So I guess they had no interest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:05 pm