General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47674
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:28 pm

IceJerseys.com has a Black Friday deal on customizations -- 40% off (regular cost is $74, jersey is $124.50, so total cost is $168.90 plus taxes (free shipping).

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Ev on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:17 pm

No Comeau - claimed by Flames

Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867

Post by Riprock on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Andre Deveaux Suspended 3 games for his hit to the head on Fleischmann. The TSN panel was predicting 6-8 games. So I guess Shanahan is unpredictable. It was a dirty hit, but I would say that Wolski should have gotten a suspension too (beating an old horse). But I guess being Deveaux is worthy of a suspension whereas being Wolski isn't.

Re: Comeau:

Ottawa probably would have had first claim on him over Calgary right? So I guess they had no interest.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Ev on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Calgary is worse than Ottawa so they had claim over us.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:54 pm

I thought it had to do with standings last year? I'm confused...
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Dash wrote:I thought it had to do with standings last year? I'm confused...

Only up until November (or something similar) and then the current standings are used if I remember right.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Dash wrote:I thought it had to do with standings last year? I'm confused...

1st of the month IIRC.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Brian "The Pretender" Elliott with a shutout tonight
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Big Ev wrote:Brian "The Pretender" Elliott with a shutout tonight

This is a hall of fame streak Elliott's on. Damn... Vertigo
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Elliott's trolling Sherman right now. He trades Anderson for Elliott - which was looked on as a poor trade by 99% of people. Then he loses again by not keeping Elliott and his 1.51, .950 and instead paying a 1st and 2nd for Varlamov.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Crosby defended his hit to Foligno, saying it is nothing like the type of hit (elbow to head) that he wants gone, saying it is okay if he hits people as long as he isn't being hit. Says Foligno is nowhere near the type of player as he is and that the NHL needs (Crosby) more than they do Foligno.

Ok well he didn't exactly say that, but said Foligno ran Fleury 3 times and that he didn't elbow him in the head, he just hit him in the face.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:59 am

- Chris Kelly scored his 8th and 9th of the season last night
    - Luke Adam had his 7th and 8th
    - Zack Kassian with his 1st NHL goal

Montreal and Carey Price livid with the controversial finish to the game. Price had the puck covered and Pittsburgh's Letang dug it out form his glove and scored.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Yeah, that was a totally blown call by the ref. He was on the wrong side of the goal to see it -- should he not have been right behind? Letang banged it in but it was Neal who dug it out. Can't blame the Penguins because you are taught to keep going until you hear a whistle. But the ref clearly lost sight of it -- he has zero excuse. I've heard of cases when the whistle was blown even though the puck was loose, and that is because the ref lost sight of it. But to *not* blow it when you clearly have lost sight, and when the body language of the goalie indicates he has it frozen, there is just no excuse for it. The ref should get reprimanded for it.

Is Pacioretty going to get a call from Shanahan for that predatory hit on Letang? There was no call on the play -- another one that should have been impossible to miss because it happened to the puck-carrier.

Why wasn't Crosby called on the carpet for his butt-end on Foligno? According to the Next One a headshot in a hockey scrum isn't dirty and not at all what he meant when he was talking out against head shots over the summer. I'm sure he's got eyes on the back of the head so that he knew exactly how close Foligno was, so as to not hit him too hard.

And, again, the worst part of it is he starts it but then lets his team-mates finish it up. Just like the game before, he's mixing it up with a Blues player, but as soon as it looks like it's getting out of hand two Penguins jump the Blues player, who is already being restrained by the linesman.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Dash wrote:- Chris Kelly scored his 8th and 9th of the season last night

Montreal and Carey Price livid with the controversial finish to the game. Price had the puck covered and Pittsburgh's Letang dug it out form his glove and scored.

Chris Kelly is on a pace for 30+ goals. Unreal. Could have been our 2nd line center? Facepalm

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:23 pm

wprager wrote:
    Dash wrote:- Chris Kelly scored his 8th and 9th of the season last night

Chris Kelly is on a pace for 30+ goals. Unreal. Could have been our 2nd line center? Facepalm

I'm really happy for him, he was always a hell of a player for us. I think this might be a streak, but it's a mighty impressive one. First ever 20 goal season in the NHL coming? Maybe...Selke nomination? Also possible...
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:09 pm

wprager wrote:Yeah, that was a totally blown call by the ref. He was on the wrong side of the goal to see it -- should he not have been right behind? Letang banged it in but it was Neal who dug it out. Can't blame the Penguins because you are taught to keep going until you hear a whistle. But the ref clearly lost sight of it -- he has zero excuse. I've heard of cases when the whistle was blown even though the puck was loose, and that is because the ref lost sight of it. But to *not* blow it when you clearly have lost sight, and when the body language of the goalie indicates he has it frozen, there is just no excuse for it. The ref should get reprimanded for it.

Is Pacioretty going to get a call from Shanahan for that predatory hit on Letang? There was no call on the play -- another one that should have been impossible to miss because it happened to the puck-carrier.

Why wasn't Crosby called on the carpet for his butt-end on Foligno? According to the Next One a headshot in a hockey scrum isn't dirty and not at all what he meant when he was talking out against head shots over the summer. I'm sure he's got eyes on the back of the head so that he knew exactly how close Foligno was, so as to not hit him too hard.

And, again, the worst part of it is he starts it but then lets his team-mates finish it up. Just like the game before, he's mixing it up with a Blues player, but as soon as it looks like it's getting out of hand two Penguins jump the Blues player, who is already being restrained by the linesman.

Bmurr is the man. Penguins Are hitches. While I don't think crysby should be suspended, foligno got a raw deal and ended up with off-setting minors. Anyways check out murray's response

22_4_ever
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 531
    Registration date : 2011-01-19

Post by 22_4_ever on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Any one have a link to the game? Stuck in an airport with no tv, but wifi
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Riprock on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Nice, I like Murray's comments about Sid. Calls out just about everyone (Sid, Refs, Bylsma) and says ask again next time they play when they have Carkner and/or Neil. Fighting words.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 am