GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
Goaltenders take years to develop and to be honest, the Sens along with a lot of other orgaizations are better off not drafting guys and then proceed to sign UFA guys from Europe or even guys that have played their fill tenure in the CHL or NCAA. Yah, perhaps they need to find a goalie they truly believe in and develop him after Lehner is in Ottawa full time but other than that... tough to find guys that will work out.

Yes and I understand that's why they don't spend high picks on goalies but the alternative hasn't worked out for us. Signing free agents (Gerber) or trades (Leclaire). Lehner looks to be the real deal, hopefully they don't rush him (intentionally or not) like they did Elliott.

I don't see them going after goalies like say the Leafs do. Up until recently goaltending has never been something team management has taken seriously. We always put our faith in questionable starters with no real backup plan in place. I think Anderson was a good move, and his contract gives Lehner plenty of time, I'd like his path to the NHL to mirror Schneider's.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Goaltenders take years to develop and to be honest, the Sens along with a lot of other orgaizations are better off not drafting guys and then proceed to sign UFA guys from Europe or even guys that have played their fill tenure in the CHL or NCAA. Yah, perhaps they need to find a goalie they truly believe in and develop him after Lehner is in Ottawa full time but other than that... tough to find guys that will work out.

Yes and I understand that's why they don't spend high picks on goalies but the alternative hasn't worked out for us. Signing free agents (Gerber) or trades (Leclaire). Lehner looks to be the real deal, hopefully they don't rush him (intentionally or not) like they did Elliott.

I don't see them going after goalies like say the Leafs do. Up until recently goaltending has never been something team management has taken seriously. We always put our faith in questionable starters with no real backup plan in place. I think Anderson was a good move, and his contract gives Lehner plenty of time, I'd like his path to the NHL to mirror Schneider's.

I don't disagree. The only thing I am saying is, if they don't think they can find a true number 1 goaltneder in the draft or at least a guy that has a chance to be, then you don't draft one. A backup is way too easy to find, AHL goaltending depth is even easier to find. So, unless you have a guy in mind that has top end potential along with what seems to be a strong mental makeup... move on. The isn't even taking into consideration that Ottawa bleives Lehner is 100% the real deal along with already have a real number 1 goaltender in the NHL.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dreger: 1 coach down. Could there be 2 today? Rumours suggest Paul Maurice will be replaced by Milwaukee's Kirk Muller. Interesting day.

Keep your twitter feeds updated...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Goaltenders can be found anywhere. They are a crap shoot at best.

That's true but how many are legit #1 starting goaltenders ?

Not many.

I've been saying the same for years in this forum. The last true money-in-the-bank goalie was Patrick Roy.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bobby Mac confirms it... Maurice out, Muller in.

CAR fires Paul Maurice, Kirk Muller is the new guy.

https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/141171578485481472

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
It's all Ottawa's fault!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Bobby Mac confirms it... Maurice out, Muller in.

CAR fires Paul Maurice, Kirk Muller is the new guy.

https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/141171578485481472

Solid.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
damn. who's next? Randy Carlyle???

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Kirk Muller is a good choice. He was my first choice for Clouston's replacement, but it's because I didn't know anything about MacStache.

Carolina defintely needed a change.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Kirk Muller is a good choice. He was my first choice for Clouston's replacement, but it's because I didn't know anything about MacStache.

Muller got passed up for so many coaching jobs this summer. Not sure how good of a choice he really is. anyone know how his AHL team was doing?

Now I'm a little afraid....what happens if Columbus or Anaheim comes calling about Kleinendorst...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Kirk Muller is a good choice. He was my first choice for Clouston's replacement, but it's because I didn't know anything about MacStache.

Muller got passed up for so many coaching jobs this summer. Not sure how good of a choice he really is. anyone know how his AHL team was doing?

Now I'm a little afraid....what happens if Columbus or Anaheim comes calling about Kleinendorst...

Muller looks real good in a suit and was more interesting than Jacques Martin. He's proven Diddle all.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:

Yeah, it would suck to mess up all that success Bingo is having...heeheehee.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Michallica wrote:damn. who's next? Randy Carlyle???
You gotta think he's on thin ice... 7 losses in a row... team tied for 2nd last in the NHL...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
aw crap I liked ripping on Gabby

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, Anaheim is a Dung-show right now. It doesn't make any sense, either. You'd think with a healthy Hiller back that they'd be right back near the top of the West. Instead, the opposite has happened. Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan…all off to really slow starts. Visnovsky was having a terrible start to the year too before he got hurt. It's all f'd up, really. The coach is the only logical change that can happen at this time. I would've thought Dale Hunter would be a perfect fit in Anaheim, but he's off the table now!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Boudreau to Anaheim?

HA HA!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:Brian Elliott is now 9-1. hot diggity damn

Best goaltender in the NHL right now. The guy has all the talent in the world and is now in a position where he can reach it. Ottawa bury's their goaltenders no matter what. Just a matter of time before it happens to Anderson but I digress.

I said it a week ago, Elliott wins the Vezina right now.

I think that would be Carey Price. I've watched a few games since Hitchcock came in, the team doesn't seem to make more than 2-3 crucial mistakes a game. And Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo and Cole move the puck like veteran PMDs.

Montreal? There's 2-3 odd man rushes against every period.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I hope Ovechkin's happy, this was almost all his fault for not putting in the effort. Semin's a cancer, so there's nothing you can do about that, but AO had better light the league up like an XMas tree now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum