General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1680
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Number Twenty Nine on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:50 am

The fans here are pretty suicidal with the Steelers being knocked out and the Pens in a death spiral. I LOVE it!!!

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by shabbs on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:52 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote:The fans here are pretty suicidal with the Steelers being knocked out and the Pens in a death spiral. I LOVE it!!!
    Steelers got TEBOW'd. Wow that was a crazy finish.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16322
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:00 am

Riprock wrote:No worries, they will draft Yakupov and all will be good next season when they win the cup Sarcasm

Given that 87's career is over, it's almost fair that they get Yakupov.
    Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1680
    Favorite Team : Dallas
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

Post by Number Twenty Nine on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:04 am

Sarcasm Not that they ever tank to get a high pick, right Sarcasm
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:18 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote: Sarcasm Not that they ever tank to get a high pick, right Sarcasm

No, Buttman just fudges the lottery so they get the #1 pick in the most important draft ever.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:37 am

Mendes with a beauty this morning:

Leaf logic: Phaneuf being voted as ASG starter is sign that he's not overrated. But Sens being picked is a sign that process is a sham.

HA HA!

The radio stations this morning are all abuzz about Phaneuf being voted the most overrated player. Naturally, they're saying everyone is jealous and envious of Toronto cuz it's the center of the hockey universe etc...

*puke*

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:06 am

shabbs wrote:
    The radio stations this morning are all abuzz about Phaneuf being voted the most overrated player. Naturally, they're saying everyone is jealous and envious of Toronto cuz it's the center of the hockey universe etc...

It's interesting that he was voted the most overrated, because I wouldn't even consider him for that title. I think he's "rated" quite appropriately, which is rare for a "star" player in Toronto.

I'm not sure who I would consider the most over-rated player.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:27 am

Dustin Penner writes a hilarious open letter about the pancake incident:

http://www.mayorsmanor.com/2012/01/exclusive-open-letter-from-dustin.html

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54409
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:30 am

shabbs wrote:Mendes with a beauty this morning:

Leaf logic: Phaneuf being voted as ASG starter is sign that he's not overrated. But Sens being picked is a sign that process is a sham.

HA HA!

*puke*

I thought that SI poll was in pretty poor taste. I don't mind the underrated one, but an overrated poll by NHL players just seems mean...am I wrong?

With that said, I don't see how the most overrated player in the league isn't Dany Heatley - I see he came 5th, but that's a dude who's almost literally useless right now and yet still receives a fair amount of fanfare. I'm not sure I'd nominate Phaneuf for the most overrated - why would he be? He hits like a Mac truck, he's got a nice offensive instinct and he's the captain of a team that's very, very difficult to be captain of.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24764
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:14 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
    I thought that SI poll was in pretty poor taste. I don't mind the underrated one, but an overrated poll by NHL players just seems mean...am I wrong?

I'd love to vote in something like that. My list would contain a bunch of Red Wings and Fraudeur. Beer
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:26 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

I'd love to vote in something like that. My list would contain a bunch of Red Wings and Fraudeur. Beer

Brodeur is close to being done. You must be pleased. Ahhhhh!
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:29 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

Brodeur is close to being done. You must be pleased. Ahhhhh!

Yeah, it's pretty sweet but they keep calling him the greatest goalie ever anyway which makes me sick to my stomach. Beer
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 am

So the Canucks REALLY hate the Bruins ...

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-vancouver-canucks-staff-member-rips-zdeno-chara-cover-off-nhl-media-guides-photos.html

Someone related to the Canucks organization ripped the cover off of several copies of the NHL's media guide and record book while sitting in the press box during Monday night's Canucks-Panthers game. Why? Maybe the cover photo of Zdeno Chara had something to do with it.
    According to a set of pictures taken by the Miami Herald's George Richards, someone with the Canucks had some lingering bad feelings towards the B's in their next game out. So, they took it out on those poor books.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 am

Maybe the Penguins have some left over JUSTICE t-shirts to give them for when they face the Bruins again?
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 am

Hoags wrote:So the Canucks REALLY hate the Bruins ...

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-vancouver-canucks-staff-member-rips-zdeno-chara-cover-off-nhl-media-guides-photos.html

Someone related to the Canucks organization ripped the cover off of several copies of the NHL's media guide and record book while sitting in the press box during Monday night's Canucks-Panthers game. Why? Maybe the cover photo of Zdeno Chara had something to do with it.
    According to a set of pictures taken by the Miami Herald's George Richards, someone with the Canucks had some lingering bad feelings towards the B's in their next game out. So, they took it out on those poor books.

Laughing3 They can't take it!

Burning Car ?
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:33 pm

All-stars: Tor-Lupul, Kessel, Chi-Toews, Kane, Hossa, FLA-Campbell, STL-Elliot

per Duthie.

More: DAL: Benn PHI: Giroux, Timonen

Last edited by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Brian Elliot is a worldwide trend on Twitter. For all the right reasons.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:36 pm

tim1_2 wrote:All-stars: Tor-Lupul, Kessel, Chi-Toews, Kane, Hossa, FLA-Campbell, STL-Elliot

per Duthie.

Johnny Toes?!?!? SOUPY!!!!?!?!???!??!?!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:43 pm