GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Breaking Rumours!! » Trade D-Day Speculation » Cammalleri Traded

Cammalleri Traded

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

76Cammalleri Traded - Page 6 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
Riprock wrote:Montreal and Calgary are both still dung shows... don't get me wrong. While the trade still might look good on paper (at least from how McKenzie lays it out), I still think they panicked and pulled the trigger way too fast. Maybe Cammalleri's negative media attention was scaring Montreal not getting value for him?

They didn't shop Cammalleri around. They could have easily seen what other teams would have offered. That is stupid beyond belief.

Same with the Phaneuf trade, Sutter never shopped around, most GMs didn't even know he was available.

77Cammalleri Traded - Page 6 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:29 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hoags wrote:
Riprock wrote:Montreal and Calgary are both still dung shows... don't get me wrong. While the trade still might look good on paper (at least from how McKenzie lays it out), I still think they panicked and pulled the trigger way too fast. Maybe Cammalleri's negative media attention was scaring Montreal not getting value for him?

They didn't shop Cammalleri around. They could have easily seen what other teams would have offered. That is stupid beyond belief.

Same with the Phaneuf trade, Sutter never shopped around, most GMs didn't even know he was available.

Exactly this. Why GMs don't let the entire hockey world know these guys are available is beyond me. I'd make sure to call each and every 29 teams to let them know and I'd also leak it to the papers. Diddle it, the decision is made to move him, make a bidding war happen.

78Cammalleri Traded - Page 6 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tim1_2 wrote:
Riprock wrote:Well, after reading Bob McKenzie's article, I'm almost ready to say that this is a win-win.

Bourque's not terrible as people make him out to be. Give's the Canadiens something Cammalleri (as good as he is) didn't - size. He's on pace for another 27 goals.

Calgary I guess is better off with Cammalleri 0 they are familiar with him, and they wanted a change from Bourque and are hoping for a repeat performance from him.

Montreal also saves about $3M in cap space (giving them ~$8M in [prorated] space now), which means the possibility of making a big move or a few smaller ones.

But how much "better off"??? Sure, this is an improvement in the short term (cap pain aside), but giving up the 2nd rounder as well? Also, what does this "improvement" get Calgary? MAYBE an 8th seed? And then less prospects in the cupboard.
I think it gets them more chances at winning... and that's needed to get fans in the building. They're dogging it out there. They need a spark. The 2nd rounder... meh. It ain't a first rounder. Bourque is a good asset, big body. Will be curious to see how he does in Montreal. I hope they don't expect him to speak French though. He can't.

Gauthier said this has been in the works for months, but this smells like a deal made very quickly, a knee jerk reaction to what is going on in Montreal.

79Cammalleri Traded - Page 6 Empty Re: Cammalleri Traded on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:31 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Riprock wrote:Bur if they didn't want Bourque, and they were able to re-acquire Cammalleri, that's a win for them in their eyes.

And if Calgary does decide to blow it up, they have Cammalleri now to build around, gives them some salary to afford not to take back any if they unload some big tickets.
I don't know that he's the type of player that you build around. He's a good player, but he's a good second liner, imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum