General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20865
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Ev on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:47 pm

wprager wrote:There are two playoff-bound teams in the East with negative goal differential. And the Sens aren't one of them. :KKK:

yes, yes they are (-1)

ddt
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 452
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by ddt on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Big Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:There are two playoff-bound teams in the East with negative goal differential. And the Sens aren't one of them. :KKK:

yes, yes they are (-1)

Might want to have a quick look here...

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20865
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:52 pm

ddt wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:

yes, yes they are (-1)

Might want to have a quick look here...

nevermind, ESPN hadn't updated it yet. Now 0. Smile
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Big Ev wrote:

yes, yes they are (-1)

FIAL.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47955
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:25 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:

yes, yes they are (-1)

FIAL.

I guess BE missed that whole conversation I was having with myself how the Leafs dropped to even on the same night as the Sens rose to even (goal-differential-wise), and how I initially thought we wouldn't get a +1 for the SO win, but we did.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Pens beat TBay 6-3 this afternoon to move into 7th spot in the East. Bumping the Caps to 9th and the Leafs to 8th.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:39 pm

shabbs wrote:Pens beat TBay 6-3 this afternoon to move into 7th spot in the East. Bumping the Caps to 9th and the Leafs to 8th.

Man what the hell happened to this team.....played in waaay over their heads last season I guess
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Michallica wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Pens beat TBay 6-3 this afternoon to move into 7th spot in the East. Bumping the Caps to 9th and the Leafs to 8th.

Man what the hell happened to this team.....played in waaay over their heads last season I guess

What a strange game. PITT scores 3 to take a 3-0 lead. TB comes back with 3 straight of their own. Momentum shift, you say? 48 seconds later Malkin scores the eventual winner, followed by his second less than two minutes later, and then the empty-netter for the hattrick.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Caps beat the 'Canes 2-1 pushing the Leafs out of the playoff picture... heh heh.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:13 pm

shabbs wrote:Caps beat the 'Canes 2-1 pushing the Leafs out of the playoff picture... heh heh.

Delicious.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:16 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Caps beat the 'Canes 2-1 pushing the Leafs out of the playoff picture... heh heh.

Delicious.
    Can't wait to listen to Fan590 on the drive in to work tomorrow morning...

Heh heh.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:41 am

shabbs wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Delicious.

Heh heh.

Could get alot more interesting. Apparently luke schenn has requested a trade says gary valk of hockeycentral on snet.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:36 am

Michallica wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Delicious.

Heh heh.

Could get alot more interesting. Apparently luke schenn has requested a trade says gary valk of hockeycentral on snet.

Whoever lands that guy gets the Cup. He's a Schenn dontcha know. Laugh1 Laughing3
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:08 am

Michallica wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Delicious.

Heh heh.

Meh. It was all football this morning on the radio, which was fine by me as my NY Giants STOMPED the Packers real good in their own barn. Awesomeness to the nth degree. GMEN!!!!!

There was some talk about the Sens though and how impressive they've been this season. I even heard the mention of "ahead of schedule" regarding to their rebuild. Scott Morrison was on as the "hockey insider" and preached MacLean's coaching and for keeping the team level set as well as giving the kids lots of opportunities. There were some gumblings when comparing the Sens rebuild to the Leafs for the upcoming game on Tue. Heh heh. There was speculation as to who Wilson will go with in net, but no one seemed to know what Wilson was thinking. I would not be surprised to see Reimer in net on Tue.

No mention of the Schenn rumour and him requesting a trade though.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:10 am

Are we sure which Schenn it was that requested the trade?

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:15 am

Michallica wrote:

TBay has dropped like a rock and are now in dead last in the East. Their goal tending has let them down big time. Normally, they can score enough goals to over come that, but that has not been enough this season. They've lost 7 in a row! Wow.

Also of interest, the Wild have come back to earth and are sitting in 8th in the West.

The standings are starting to settle out with the early jumpers coming back to earth (Leafs, Oilers, Wild...).
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:25 am

shabbs wrote:
    Michallica wrote:

TBay has dropped like a rock and are now in dead last in the East. Their goal tending has let them down big time. Normally, they can score enough goals to over come that, but that has not been enough this season. They've lost 7 in a row! Wow.

Also of interest, the Wild have come back to earth and are sitting in 8th in the West.

The standings are starting to settle out with the early jumpers coming back to earth (Leafs, Oilers, Wild...).

We all knew that would happen, but I was worried about the End of Days for a while there. The world was upside down for a couple of months. I still can't get over the Wild's opening to the season. That was remarkable (and weird).
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:38 am

Wild have big problems with injuries and I think they just lost Koivu (Heatley to the ASG ? ?? )

I knew the Leafs would fall, they had a relatively easy schedule.

Tampa is a mess right now, big mistake going with Roloson again, looks like Father Time caught up with him. They don't have Hedman or Ohlund and Sportsnet was saying the players tuned Boucher out (sick of playing 1-3-1).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:19 am