General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by shabbs on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:15 am

Michallica wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Pens beat TBay 6-3 this afternoon to move into 7th spot in the East. Bumping the Caps to 9th and the Leafs to 8th.

Man what the hell happened to this team.....played in waaay over their heads last season I guess
    TBay has dropped like a rock and are now in dead last in the East. Their goal tending has let them down big time. Normally, they can score enough goals to over come that, but that has not been enough this season. They've lost 7 in a row! Wow.

Also of interest, the Wild have come back to earth and are sitting in 8th in the West.

The standings are starting to settle out with the early jumpers coming back to earth (Leafs, Oilers, Wild...).

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by spader on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:25 am

shabbs wrote:
    Michallica wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Pens beat TBay 6-3 this afternoon to move into 7th spot in the East. Bumping the Caps to 9th and the Leafs to 8th.

Man what the hell happened to this team.....played in waaay over their heads last season I guess
    TBay has dropped like a rock and are now in dead last in the East. Their goal tending has let them down big time. Normally, they can score enough goals to over come that, but that has not been enough this season. They've lost 7 in a row! Wow.

Also of interest, the Wild have come back to earth and are sitting in 8th in the West.

The standings are starting to settle out with the early jumpers coming back to earth (Leafs, Oilers, Wild...).

We all knew that would happen, but I was worried about the End of Days for a while there. The world was upside down for a couple of months. I still can't get over the Wild's opening to the season. That was remarkable (and weird).

Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:38 am

Wild have big problems with injuries and I think they just lost Koivu (Heatley to the ASG ? ?? )

I knew the Leafs would fall, they had a relatively easy schedule.

Tampa is a mess right now, big mistake going with Roloson again, looks like Father Time caught up with him. They don't have Hedman or Ohlund and Sportsnet was saying the players tuned Boucher out (sick of playing 1-3-1).
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 am

Hoags wrote:Wild have big problems with injuries and I think they just lost Koivu (Heatley to the ASG ? ?? )

I knew the Leafs would fall, they had a relatively easy schedule.

Tampa is a mess right now, big mistake going with Roloson again, looks like Father Time caught up with him. They don't have Hedman or Ohlund and Sportsnet was saying the players tuned Boucher out (sick of playing 1-3-1).

I'm kind of sick of highly paid professional athletes tuning coaches out quite frankly. Beer
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:54 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    I'm kind of sick of highly paid professional athletes tuning coaches out quite frankly. Beer

They're the ones with the big contracts and NMC's Laugh1

Don't really blame the players for not wanting to sit in the neutral zone and wait most of the game. It seems everything went downhill after Philly had that standoff with them, that's what Sportsnet was pointing out.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:56 am

Hoags wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

They're the ones with the big contracts and NMC's Laugh1

Don't really blame the players for not wanting to sit in the neutral zone and wait most of the game. It seems everything went downhill after Philly had that standoff with them, that's what Sportsnet was pointing out.

The Name Dropper says they adjust that from game to game depending on the opponent. Who knows? Only one team really matters in the NHL. GoSensGo!
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:24 pm

wprager wrote:Are we sure which Schenn it was that requested the trade?

Yeah Valk said it was the Leafs schenn. I don't know about this guy but someone called incarcerated bob is saying Leafs are going to announce a trade in the next 48 hours for a top 6 forward. Maybe some twitter followers can comment on this guy's accuracy.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Michallica wrote:
    Yeah Valk said it was the Leafs schenn. I don't know about this guy but someone called incarcerated bob is saying Leafs are going to announce a trade in the next 48 hours for a top 6 forward. Maybe some twitter followers can comment on this guy's accuracy.

incarcerated bob is up there with Eklund.

No idea how reputable Valk is.
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Hoags wrote:
    Michallica wrote:

incarcerated bob is up there with Eklund.

No idea how reputable Valk is.

Ok well chalk it up to phoney rumor mongering if we hear nothing by Thursday. Gotta make some news I suppose Sarcasm
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:44 pm

Michallica wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    shabbs wrote:Caps beat the 'Canes 2-1 pushing the Leafs out of the playoff picture... heh heh.

Delicious.
    Can't wait to listen to Fan590 on the drive in to work tomorrow morning...

Heh heh.

Could get alot more interesting. Apparently luke schenn has requested a trade says gary valk of hockeycentral on snet.

That's actually impossible. Jurke said that as soon as someone starts to ask that question they're gone. Schenn may have said "I'd like to request a tr..." but he wouldn't have gotten any farther.

Imagine if all he was saying was "I'd like to request a Tragically Hip tune, but I don't the request line number for Q107." Oh well.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47957
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Michallica wrote:
    wprager wrote:Are we sure which Schenn it was that requested the trade?

That must have been before JVR was diagnosed with a concussion. I still don't get it. Butler *missed* him. You could see on replay that JVR was trying to sell it. Maybe he concussed himself by snapping his head to draw the penalty? Has that happened before?

dennycrane
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2121
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post by dennycrane on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20865
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:38 pm

why are there games on this afternoon? MLK day?
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:23 pm

ugh fake tweet NM
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:10 am

Wings destroyed Miller and the Sabres last night 5-0. Chased Miller from the net early in the 2nd after the 5th goal.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16331
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:27 am

shabbs wrote:Wings destroyed Miller and the Sabres last night 5-0. Chased Miller from the net early in the 2nd after the 5th goal.

Yeah, Buffalo's misery is my delight.

It's funny, Doug MacLean was talking last night about how Buffalo might want Bobby Ryan from Anaheim, and they could trade Miller for him. I was thinking "ya, and who else?" I think Buffalo would have to include MORE in that deal for Ryan, considering Miller's bad year.

That said, Buffalo is SEVEN points out of a playoff spot, and may indeed end up being "sellers" at the deadline.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:30 am

Yeah, no way ANA moves Ryan for just Miller. Leafs would be interested in Ryan for sure... same for the Flyers. Will be interesting to see if he does indeed move.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16331
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:21 am

shabbs wrote:Yeah, no way ANA moves Ryan for just Miller. Leafs would be interested in Ryan for sure... same for the Flyers. Will be interesting to see if he does indeed move.

I still think, due to the contract situation (Ryan signed long-term, Getzlaf and Perry expiring after next season) that Ryan would be the LEAST likely to move, but what do I know. It would also appear obvious to me that SOMETHING should change in Anaheim, given their current situation, and trading one of the big three could make a huge difference to that franchise.

Their situation is not entirely unlike Tampa Bay, where they have three really great forwards, and then it thins out pretty fast from there. Goaltending is an issue in both cases. If Anaheim wants a solid goalie back, that limits the number of potential trade partners.

They should've held onto Emery.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:47 pm