General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54144
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:11 pm

    shabbs wrote:B's sign Turco to a 1-year deal... will have to bring him up through waivers.

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389573

    Will he make it?

    Oh yeah.

    cash
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 835
    Registration date : 2010-07-10

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by cash on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:16 pm

    A Turco-Nabokov tandem will decimate all! All hail the Wang!!! NYI = 2013 Cup champs.



    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:19 pm

    HA HA! That would be a riot... Isles put in a claim... oh man.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54144
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:31 pm

    cash wrote:A Turco-Nabokov tandem will decimate all! All hail the Wang!!! NYI = 2013 Cup champs.



    Laugh1 I'd pay to see that (not much though).

    cash
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 835
    Age : 97
    Location : anywhere
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-07-10

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by cash on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:39 pm

    I still can't believe they claimed Nabokov. Such a bad organizational move. They robbed both a player and an organization of a chance (or improved chance, in the case of the org) to win the Cup. Bad press like a mofo, especially with players.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20700
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Ev on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:13 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:The Washington Post apparently says that Nicklas Backstrom returned to Sweden to see a concussion specialist (via Team1200 Twitter).

    That can't be good! You'd think that they'd explore all the American options first, but I guess maybe Backstrom was getting frustrated with the lack of progress?

    Sucks for Backstrom. I hear they give good massages over there, though.

    tim1_2 wrote:Big game tonight: Buffalo @ Winnipeg

    With a win, Buffalo could move into a tie with the Jets for the 8th playoff spot. If the Jets win, they give themselves a 3-pt cushion in 8th, but move to within 4 pts of Ottawa.

    Regardless of what happens, this means one of the teams ahead of Toronto for 8th moves further away.

    Winnipeg up 2-1.

    SpezDispenser wrote:.

    I don't want those wieners in Winnipeg moving any closer to us.[/quote]

    It's ok we're winning tomorrow night.

    Riprock wrote:Rask out 4-6 weeks.

    Rask is almost close to the word Rash.

    shabbs wrote:B's sign Turco to a 1-year deal... will have to bring him up through waivers.

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389573

    Will he make it?

    Yes.

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    shabbs wrote:B's sign Turco to a 1-year deal... will have to bring him up through waivers.

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389573

    Will he make it?

    Oh yeah.

    Precisely.

    cash wrote:A Turco-Nabokov tandem will decimate all! All hail the Wang!!! NYI = 2013 Cup champs.



    Wang is Chinese.

    cash wrote:I still can't believe they claimed Nabokov. Such a bad organizational move. They robbed both a player and an organization of a chance (or improved chance, in the case of the org) to win the Cup. Bad press like a mofo, especially with players.

    Nabokov is robokoving opposing players though.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:15 pm

    Jets have a 3-1 lead late in the third...
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:18 pm

    Pens topped the 'Yotes 2-1.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10037
    Age : 37
    Location : La Loche, Saskatchewan
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by spader on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:24 pm

    Big Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:The Washington Post apparently says that Nicklas Backstrom returned to Sweden to see a concussion specialist (via Team1200 Twitter).

    That can't be good! You'd think that they'd explore all the American options first, but I guess maybe Backstrom was getting frustrated with the lack of progress?

    Sucks for Backstrom. I hear they give good massages over there, though.

    tim1_2 wrote:Big game tonight: Buffalo @ Winnipeg

    With a win, Buffalo could move into a tie with the Jets for the 8th playoff spot. If the Jets win, they give themselves a 3-pt cushion in 8th, but move to within 4 pts of Ottawa.

    Regardless of what happens, this means one of the teams ahead of Toronto for 8th moves further away.

    Winnipeg up 2-1.

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:.

    I don't want those wieners in Winnipeg moving any closer to us.

    It's ok we're winning tomorrow night.

    Riprock wrote:Rask out 4-6 weeks.

    Rask is almost close to the word Rash.

    shabbs wrote:B's sign Turco to a 1-year deal... will have to bring him up through waivers.

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389573

    Will he make it?

    Yes.

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    shabbs wrote:B's sign Turco to a 1-year deal... will have to bring him up through waivers.

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389573

    Will he make it?

    Oh yeah.

    Precisely.

    cash wrote:A Turco-Nabokov tandem will decimate all! All hail the Wang!!! NYI = 2013 Cup champs.



    Wang is Chinese.

    cash wrote:I still can't believe they claimed Nabokov. Such a bad organizational move. They robbed both a player and an organization of a chance (or improved chance, in the case of the org) to win the Cup. Bad press like a mofo, especially with players.

    Nabokov is robokoving opposing players though.

    cash?
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20700
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Ev on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:28 pm

    Did I win? Sarcasm
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10037
    Age : 37
    Location : La Loche, Saskatchewan
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by spader on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:32 pm

    Big Ev wrote:Did I win? Sarcasm
    Ahhhhh! Boxing Laughing3
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16173
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:19 am

    The Jets are now 2 pts behind Florida for the division lead, and 4 pts behind us for 7th. I'm fine with Winnipeg winning, because it'd be great to see them in the playoffs...and even better if they finish 1st in their division, and we finish 6th, setting up an all-Canadian first round.

    cash
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 835
    Age : 97
    Location : anywhere
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-07-10

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by cash on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:55 am

    spader wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:The Washington Post apparently says that Nicklas Backstrom returned to Sweden to see a concussion specialist (via Team1200 Twitter).

    That can't be good! You'd think that they'd explore all the American options first, but I guess maybe Backstrom was getting frustrated with the lack of progress?

    Sucks for Backstrom. I hear they give good massages over there, though.

    tim1_2 wrote:Big game tonight: Buffalo @ Winnipeg

    With a win, Buffalo could move into a tie with the Jets for the 8th playoff spot. If the Jets win, they give themselves a 3-pt cushion in 8th, but move to within 4 pts of Ottawa.

    Regardless of what happens, this means one of the teams ahead of Toronto for 8th moves further away.

    Winnipeg up 2-1.

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:.

    I don't want those wieners in Winnipeg moving any closer to us.

    It's ok we're winning tomorrow night.

    Riprock wrote:Rask out 4-6 weeks.

    Rask is almost close to the word Rash.

    shabbs wrote:B's sign Turco to a 1-year deal... will have to bring him up through waivers.

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389573

    Will he make it?

    Yes.

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    shabbs wrote:B's sign Turco to a 1-year deal... will have to bring him up through waivers.

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389573

    Will he make it?

    Oh yeah.

    Precisely.

    cash wrote:A Turco-Nabokov tandem will decimate all! All hail the Wang!!! NYI = 2013 Cup champs.



    Wang is Chinese.

    cash wrote:I still can't believe they claimed Nabokov. Such a bad organizational move. They robbed both a player and an organization of a chance (or improved chance, in the case of the org) to win the Cup. Bad press like a mofo, especially with players.

    Nabokov is robokoving opposing players though.

    cash?
    NoWayyyyy I'm insulted!
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16173
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:22 pm

    Crysby cleared for contact, Turco on waivers. Carry on.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54144
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:22 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Crysby cleared for contact, Turco on waivers. Carry on.

    Oh dear...look out Eastern Conference.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20700
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Ev on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 pm

    Sidney ma boy!
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16173
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:46 pm

    This Sunday is the earliest Crosby will play...says he'll be good to go in days, if there are no setbacks. Talk about a good post-trade-deadline acquisition.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:48 pm

    Sens play the Pens on Sat, Mar 24th.

    Any Bodog bets on if Sidney will have made a return and will have had a setback by then? What's the line on that? What?

    Sponsored content

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:37 am