General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20773
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Ev on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Sidney ma boy!

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:46 pm

This Sunday is the earliest Crosby will play...says he'll be good to go in days, if there are no setbacks. Talk about a good post-trade-deadline acquisition.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Sens play the Pens on Sat, Mar 24th.

Any Bodog bets on if Sidney will have made a return and will have had a setback by then? What's the line on that? What?
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:56 pm

shabbs wrote:Sens play the Pens on Sat, Mar 24th.

Any Bodog bets on if Sidney will have made a return and will have had a setback by then? What's the line on that? What?

Didn't Bodog get busted or something?
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:09 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

Yep. That was sort of tongue-in-cheek.

Wink
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:09 pm

shabbs wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:

Yep. That was sort of tongue-in-cheek.

Wink

I thought so actually lol...
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

Apparently the US government owns the internet now.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47674
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:17 pm

For the sake of the league and of hockey all over the world, in general, we should sit out Chris Neil, Zack Smith, Chris Phillips, Robin Lehner -- basically all of our hardest hitters.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:43 pm

Crazy game between Boston and Leafs... B's up 5-3 after 2.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:32 am

Shabbs, stop. You're killing my laptop. The fan hasn't stopped since I loaded up this page. Last night!

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:34 am

wprager wrote:Shabbs, stop. You're killing my laptop. The fan hasn't stopped since I loaded up this page. Last night!
    You need some better hardware my friend...
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 am

Toronto: So close. That's apparently their motto.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:47 am

Interesting tweet from Dreger:
    --
    Some talk of Marty Turco not clearing waivers tomorrow. If claimed by another team,he can't play. Bruins will use him in games if he clears.
    --

Why couldn't Turco play if he's claimed by another team? What kind of stupid rule is that???
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:18 am

I don't follow how Turco would be unable to play if claimed by another team. Need more info on that.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:43 am

Follow up from Dreger:
    -----
    Turco would be ineligible if claimed by another team for remaining reg season and playoffs because he didn't sign before trade deadline.
    -----
    Given this info, I can't see anyone claiming Turco. It's not like the Bs are competing for 8th and a rival would do it just to hurt them in any way possible.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:54 am

shabbs wrote:
    wprager wrote:Shabbs, stop. You're killing my laptop. The fan hasn't stopped since I loaded up this page. Last night!
    You need some better hardware my friend...

It's my work laptop. I'm determined to make it last the three years that they are supposed to last (typical lease; although our company purchases them outright). My manager told me a few times to just fill out a form for a new one and he'll approve it, but I'm determined. (If I wait out another 8 months I'll have a nicer one than the rest of them!)

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:57 am

tim1_2 wrote:Follow up from Dreger:
    -----
    Turco would be ineligible if claimed by another team for remaining reg season and playoffs because he didn't sign before trade deadline.
    -----
    Given this info, I can't see anyone claiming Turco. It's not like the Bs are competing for 8th and a rival would do it just to hurt them in any way possible.

It would certainly make for an interesting time the next time the top brass meet again. Instead of meeting at some fancy Florida resort, they should do a "Team Building" type thing by renting out a gym and doing some "friendly" sparring. Chiarelli could make Chara a special advisor or AGM or something like that and bring him along. Good times.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 am

tim1_2 wrote:Follow up from Dreger:
    -----
    -----
    That is odd. We knew he was not eligible to play for Boston in the playoffs due to signing after the trade deadline, but that is odd that if a team other than Boston picks him up, he's ineligible for the regular season as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 am