General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47518
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:54 am

shabbs wrote:
    wprager wrote:Shabbs, stop. You're killing my laptop. The fan hasn't stopped since I loaded up this page. Last night!
    You need some better hardware my friend...

It's my work laptop. I'm determined to make it last the three years that they are supposed to last (typical lease; although our company purchases them outright). My manager told me a few times to just fill out a form for a new one and he'll approve it, but I'm determined. (If I wait out another 8 months I'll have a nicer one than the rest of them!)

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:57 am

tim1_2 wrote:Follow up from Dreger:
    -----
    Turco would be ineligible if claimed by another team for remaining reg season and playoffs because he didn't sign before trade deadline.
    -----
    Given this info, I can't see anyone claiming Turco. It's not like the Bs are competing for 8th and a rival would do it just to hurt them in any way possible.

It would certainly make for an interesting time the next time the top brass meet again. Instead of meeting at some fancy Florida resort, they should do a "Team Building" type thing by renting out a gym and doing some "friendly" sparring. Chiarelli could make Chara a special advisor or AGM or something like that and bring him along. Good times.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 am

-----
    Turco would be ineligible if claimed by another team for remaining reg season and playoffs because he didn't sign before trade deadline.
    -----
    Given this info, I can't see anyone claiming Turco. It's not like the Bs are competing for 8th and a rival would do it just to hurt them in any way possible.
    That is odd. We knew he was not eligible to play for Boston in the playoffs due to signing after the trade deadline, but that is odd that if a team other than Boston picks him up, he's ineligible for the regular season as well.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16164
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:22 am

Meh. Boston's cemented in 2nd, so it's not like having Turco or not having Turco is going to make a difference in the end. I imagine they'll rest Thomas the same amount, regardless of who they're putting in net. It's all about the playoffs for them now.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54135
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 am

-----
    -----

That's a silly rule. No playoffs I can see, but no regular season?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:47 am

tim1_2 wrote:Meh. Boston's cemented in 2nd, so it's not like having Turco or not having Turco is going to make a difference in the end. I imagine they'll rest Thomas the same amount, regardless of who they're putting in net. It's all about the playoffs for them now.

1. I don't think they are cemented at all. 9 points max ahead of the Sens with a brutal schedule. If Thomas gives up 4 to the Leafs, imagine how they will do when they face Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philly, San Jose, LA -- all of those coming up this month. We'll see. The Sens have lost two games recently that they should have won with better goaltending, including one against the Bruins. If they win that one game, that 9 quickly becomes 5. I know, if is the key word here, but still, they are not out of the woods w.r.t. finishing 2nd.

2. Thomas needs the rest. Teams may start running him. If he goes down, they are in trouble.

3. Playoffs, exactly. If they slip out of 2nd they could fall all the way down to 4th/5th and face Pittsburgh, with a rested Sid. No, they need to finish 2nd and if they don't get a solid backup they are forced to play Thomas. Risk of fatigue and injury may not change, but the consequences would be much higher.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:50 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
    -----
    -----

Isn't that ridiculous? I really don't see what the point of this rule is.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:31 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    -----
    -----

I'm not confident Dreger's right on this one - because it's so dumb.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:39 am

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not confident Dreger's right on this one - because it's so dumb.

I'm confident that if it were wrong, it would've been corrected by now.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20698
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:41 am

He's right - Yzerman confirmed it.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    -----
    -----

I'm not confident Dreger's right on this one - because it's so dumb.
    Seems no point to even pass him through waivers... unless the goal is to allow another team to block the acquisition for whatever reason.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 am

Strange rule. Really little point in sending him through waivers at all...
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Turco cleared waivers btw.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Post by shabbs on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Malkin is gonna rape the Leafs tonight. Book it.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:06 pm

shabbs wrote:Malkin is gonna rape the Leafs tonight. Book it.

SOG are 11-1 Pens. Facepalm

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Kronwall on Voracek. Suspension worthy?

I think so. Shoulder directly to head. Disagree with the analysts completely. Not that it was dirty, but this was shoulder directly to face/head.

P.S. So two D-men and a forward lost by Philly on consecutive nights. Jagr also got slightly injured and is questionable for Thursday night. Folks, this is March. Here come the injuries.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Clean hit Prager...those are the hits that make guys stay aware.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Shanny still has his Wings jersey hanging in his closet. But Voracek wasn't wearing Sens colors. Tough decision for him Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:38 am