All-Star
Big Ev wrote:Terrible reffing for Diddle sakes
Big Ev wrote:
so it begins...
Sarcasm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I caved. I agree for this game, it's been terrible. Usually don't care, but they've been bad.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Surely, closing the hand on the puck doesn't apply to batting the puck to your goalie? I always hated how that rule was called, but this one was just pathetic.

Hate to say it, but this is on MacLean. Should have kept his mouth shut. I remember when he first called the refs out I was afraid it might hurt us, well it has.

But I still think refs that clearly get caught up in this have no place in this league.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:I caved. I agree for this game, it's been terrible. Usually don't care, but they've been bad.

As log as by "bad" you mean "atrocious," I agree.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I caved. I agree for this game, it's been terrible. Usually don't care, but they've been bad.

Bah. Do you mean to suggest that a 100 years of history (TOR, MTL) could in any way shape the kinds of decision refs make? Nonsense!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:

Bah. Do you mean to suggest that a 100 years of history (TOR, MTL) could in any way shape the kinds of decision refs make? Nonsense!

THIS, I DON'T agree with. I can say refs had a bad game against Ottawa, but there is no conspiracy.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:

That's not my position, now that you ask. All I can say is what I see. I see a pathetic game from the refs. I'll leave the explanations to everyone else.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Auld in.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
The swiss chalet delivery boy looks like spezza....

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
His Alfieness gets the Sens on the board.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:His Alfieness gets the Sens on the board.

To think that penalty shot call changed the complexity of the game. 4 goal deficit is devastating....

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Yikes.....refs miss another one apparently. No need to be that physical clifford....

Again I ask where are the senators going after these players??? Show some frigging fight Damn it!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Puking2

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ugh. Caught the highlights just now. Not a good showing by the Sens. And what's with the pucks to the head in warm up? Spezza gets nailed, needs stitches but stays in.

I'm curious about the penalty shot as well. I thought it was for covering up the puck in the crease and that you were OK to shove the puck out or towards the goalie. You were just not allowed to cover it up yourself or gather it to your own body. Oh well.

Forget this game, move on.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'm with you on this one for sure and like you, I don't really put much on the refs and I don't think they were the difference, but WOW. That was just disgusting.

The complete bias they showed against the Sens is actually shocking. I honestly hope Murray does something note worthy in the next day or two.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Murray has complained about officiating before and it accomplished nothing. Word will just reach the officials that Ottawa is whining again and they'll proceed to :rp: us again.

It looks like we got 3 PP oppurtunities in the 3rd, O'rourke figured he made his point by then and gave us a few to even things up. The league will look at the total # of PP and figure all was fair.

The bias in the league is obvious. The refs decide in advance which team will be penalized and call that team for the most borderline/marginal infraction whereas the other team gets away with just about anything. The players catch on and you'll see extra cheap shots and diving because they know they'll get away with it.

We are consistently one of the most penalized teams in the league with fewest PP opportunities. I doubt there's a conspiracy but it's odd how this list seems to change so little year to year. Carolina always seems to get the most ???

MacLean should have kept his mouth shut, you never ever question the officials publically. O'rourke was probably livid that the diver comment went public and decided to exact payback.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
sens4win wrote:Tale of the tape is a success !

LOL, yeah that's the only part of the game I saw, and I got excited that I predicted it! :KKK:

Then the PVR started recording two shows, Mr.D and House so I went to bed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum