You are not connected. Please login or register

Rrroll up the rim is back!!!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:25 am

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:I typically just have a coffee from my Keurig in the morning, and then one from our coffee maker at work.

We even have a Tim Horton's in my building, and I manage to resist the temptation.

Vertigo

17 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:31 am

shabbs


Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tim1_2 wrote:I typically just have a coffee from my Keurig in the morning, and then one from our coffee maker at work.

We even have a Tim Horton's in my building, and I manage to resist the temptation.
We have a Timmy's in our building as well. I simply cannot resist.

I even have a Timmy's coffee maker at home. Too bad they don't give me Roll Up The Rim cups.

Wink

18 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:34 am

Cap'n Clutch


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
One key thing that has been overlooked as well is that tim1_2 has tim in his name and yet he still is able to resist Tim Hortons????? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

19 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:40 am

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:One key thing that has been overlooked as well is that tim1_2 has tim in his name and yet he still is able to resist Tim Hortons????? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Yeah. Maybe it's the fact that throughtout my entire life people have called me "Tim Hortons" that has soured me on Timmy Ho's a little bit. Seriously, I share the same first name, and for some reason it is clever and/or witty to use this as a nickname.

Kinda like Michael Bolton in The Office. "Why should I change my name? He's the one that sucks."

20 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:50 am

Number Twenty Nine

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
I have to drive 10 miles to another state for TH.

0-2 as of last night.

The funniest thing RUTRTW in the US is the disclaimer on the cup. "Please ensure cup is empty before rolling the rim"

true story.

21 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:55 am

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
McDonald's Coffee > Tim Horton's

22 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:56 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:One of my losers today...



We'll see tomorrow...

Wink

Dude...did you realize it's February?

23 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:Dude...did you realize it's February?
Fixed!

Yeah, shows how much I actually use that calendar eh?

24 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 am

shabbs

avatar
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Michallica wrote:McDonald's Coffee > Tim Horton's
Bite your dirty lying whore tongue!

25 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:59 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Dude...did you realize it's February?
Fixed!

Yeah, shows how much I actually use that calendar eh?

Yeah...put a picture of your cat there or something.

26 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:01 am

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:McDonald's Coffee > Tim Horton's

I've heard coffee snobs voice the same opinion. I generally find that coffee doesn't really taste that great anyways, so any variation in "quality" is lost on me.

27 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I've also heard that MacD's coffee is cheaper and there's less of a line up for those who actually don't always have time for Tim Horton's. PillowFight

28 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
As for quality coffee? My vote is hands down for Dominican Republic coffee. Not sure about the imported stuff but the stuff you get at the resorts down there is supremely tasty.

29 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:01 pm

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Cap'n Clutch wrote:As for quality coffee? My vote is hands down for Dominican Republic coffee. Not sure about the imported stuff but the stuff you get at the resorts down there is supremely tasty.

Agreed. Anywhere in Central America has delicious coffee...probably because it's very fresh.

30 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:12 pm

The Silfer Server

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:As for quality coffee? My vote is hands down for Dominican Republic coffee. Not sure about the imported stuff but the stuff you get at the resorts down there is supremely tasty.

Agreed. Anywhere in Central America has delicious coffee...probably because it's very fresh.

I love El Salvadorian coffee. My mom being from there, probably gives me a bias. I've had Guatemalan, and was less than impressed. The Honduran I've had was very similar to the El Salvadorian I have had as well.

But for my money, the best coffee I have ever had in my entire life is Monte Rouge, from Cuba. Hard to find. My friend had brought be back some when he had gone, and we fell in love with it. When I went, i searched high and low, and only found it after the 9th store i went to (searched 4 stores in Havana, 5 in Varadero). Cubita is good too, but does not compare in my opinion.

You can get real Dominican Coffee here. At Ottawa Cigar Emporium (OCE) on i believe Murray st, in the market, they sell Cuban coffees Cubita, Serrano, and Turquino, as well as the Dominican Coffee Santo Domingo. Santo Domingo is good, a little lighter than Cubita, and has a bit of a nutty flavour to it. Cubita is a darker, but still rather caffeinated. Both delicious, and i actually alternate buying the two for home and work! Also, the guy who runs the store is really nice.

31 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:26 pm

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Silfer Server wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:As for quality coffee? My vote is hands down for Dominican Republic coffee. Not sure about the imported stuff but the stuff you get at the resorts down there is supremely tasty.

Agreed. Anywhere in Central America has delicious coffee...probably because it's very fresh.

I love El Salvadorian coffee. My mom being from there, probably gives me a bias. I've had Guatemalan, and was less than impressed. The Honduran I've had was very similar to the El Salvadorian I have had as well.

Funny you say that...I visited El Salvador three years ago (beautiful, beautiful country) and found their coffee to be the best I've ever had (although I know diddly about coffee). I also had Honduran coffee, and also found it to be great.

32 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I visited nowhere because I can barely afford a jar of Nescafé.

33 Re: Rrroll up the rim is back!!! on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:I visited nowhere because I can barely afford a jar of Nescafé.

Even after dipping into the S.S.S.F??? (Send SSF South Fund)

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum