General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16164
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Thu May 03, 2012 10:18 am

wprager wrote:First game for Team Alfie is 1:15AM Saturday morning (8:15PM Friday night in Stockholm) against Norway (the other host nation).

All of Team Sweden's games in the preliminary round will be in that timeslot. How can I set my PVR to record a YouTube feed? Sad

Assuming you don't know what "on demand" means, you'll be able to watch any game at any time after it's aired through the youtube channel as well.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24742
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 03, 2012 10:51 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:First game for Team Alfie is 1:15AM Saturday morning (8:15PM Friday night in Stockholm) against Norway (the other host nation).

All of Team Sweden's games in the preliminary round will be in that timeslot. How can I set my PVR to record a YouTube feed? Sad

Assuming you don't know what "on demand" means, you'll be able to watch any game at any time after it's aired through the youtube channel as well.

Holy, prags, it's an honest mistake, can't you, for once, let it g... oh wait... tim1_2 wrote that?!?!?!?!

What the?!?!?!??! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! :spaz: :help:

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

Holy, prags, it's an honest mistake, can't you, for once, let it g... oh wait... tim1_2 wrote that?!?!?!?!

I wasn't trying to be mean. The guy's 50, so maybe he just doesn't know what "On Demand" refers to...I wouldn't expect my Dad to know, so I assumed Prags may not either... Smile
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

I wasn't trying to be mean. The guy's 50, so maybe he just doesn't know what "On Demand" refers to...I wouldn't expect my Dad to know, so I assumed Prags may not either... Smile

Prags lack of response tells me he's rolling his lawn or hosing his driveway, in the rain.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu May 03, 2012 11:32 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Prags lack of response tells me he's rolling his lawn or hosing his driveway, in the rain.

Laughing3

Or trying to set up his VCR to record YouTube.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 03, 2012 12:21 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laughing3

I guess we've seen the last of him for awhile then because:

a) He smashed his VCR to bits because it kept blinking "12:00" in spite of multiple attempts to set the clock.

b) He's gone to the "Radio Shack" to get a new one.

Notice how I wrote "the" in front of "Radio Shack." Beer
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu May 03, 2012 1:10 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laughing3

a) He smashed his VCR to bits because it kept blinking "12:00" in spite of multiple attempts to set the clock.

Stunned at not being able to locate the local Radio Shack anymore, Prags has returned home and set up his Camcorder to record his computer monitor, which is permanently tuned to the YouTube channel (explaining his absence here). Determined not to miss any World Championship hockey, he has set his alarm at two-hour intervals so he can awaken and swap out the tape in his Camcorder.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Thu May 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Heh heh.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47518
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu May 03, 2012 2:43 pm

tim1_2 wrote:

You shouldn't assume anything about me not knowing something. I am like Pierre -- I know everything. Yay, me! Cheering

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm

First, it was a friggin' joke, guys.

Second, 50 is the new 40. My grandfather died when he was 50; my father is 78 and still going strong. If we were projecting third year player stats then I'd say I'm not yet at mid-life.

Third, when it comes to technology, I think I'm pretty comfortable. Been in high-tech since before there was an internet. I know more about the PVR/TV side of the CE market than pretty much everyone I know. Except for this one guy; he definitely knows more than I do about automating and consolidating all his home electronics.

Lastly, it was a friggin' joke!

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu May 03, 2012 2:53 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laughing3

The damned thing keeps flashing 12:00 at me.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 pm

The best: http://5-hole.com/2012/05/03/girardi-and-del-zotto-taunt-caps-fan/
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Thu May 03, 2012 2:57 pm

wprager wrote:First, it was a friggin' joke, guys.

Second, 50 is the new 40. My grandfather died when he was 50; my father is 78 and still going strong. If we were projecting third year player stats then I'd say I'm not yet at mid-life.

Third, when it comes to technology, I think I'm pretty comfortable. Been in high-tech since before there was an internet. I know more about the PVR/TV side of the CE market than pretty much everyone I know. Except for this one guy; he definitely knows more than I do about automating and consolidating all his home electronics.

How's your lawn looking? Flat & Green?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu May 03, 2012 2:58 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laughing3

I actually don't have a VCR any more. Have a box of tapes somewhere, if the kids ever find it they'll have one of those nostalgic moments ("Oh, look! Barney!") and I'll have to either buy one or pay someone to convert them to disk.

Here's a little stroll down memory lane. My first VHS VCR a Mitsubishi HiFi model and cost $1300. That was back in the early '80s so it's probably around $5K in today's dollars. And we b***h about Blu Ray players costing $500???!

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 03, 2012 3:00 pm

wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laughing3

I actually don't have a VCR any more. Have a box of tapes somewhere, if the kids ever find it they'll have one of those nostalgic moments ("Oh, look! Barney!") and I'll have to either buy one or pay someone to convert them to disk.

Here's a little stroll down memory lane. My first VHS VCR a Mitsubishi HiFi model and cost $1300. That was back in the early '80s so it's probably around $5K in today's dollars. And we b***h about Blu Ray players costing $500???!

My family had to wait for Candle to get into the VCR game.Yes. Candle. I think it was about 400 bucks. My grandmother had a top-loading Quasar that cost 800 and still actually works. Laugh1
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu May 03, 2012 3:02 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:First, it was a friggin' joke, guys.

How's your lawn looking? Flat & Green?

I wish. I hate watering. I hear May/June are going to be quite dry. Good, I say, less mowing.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu May 03, 2012 3:06 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laughing3

My family had to wait for Candle to get into the VCR game.Yes. Candle. I think it was about 400 bucks. My grandmother had a top-loading Quasar that cost 800 and still actually works. Laugh1

Candle? There's a name from the past.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 03, 2012 3:11 pm

wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

Laughing3

Candle? There's a name from the past.

And Quasar kinda looks like a name from the future, doesn't it? Vertigo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:34 am