General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48313
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Thu May 03, 2012 3:02 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:First, it was a friggin' joke, guys.

    Second, 50 is the new 40. My grandfather died when he was 50; my father is 78 and still going strong. If we were projecting third year player stats then I'd say I'm not yet at mid-life.

    Third, when it comes to technology, I think I'm pretty comfortable. Been in high-tech since before there was an internet. I know more about the PVR/TV side of the CE market than pretty much everyone I know. Except for this one guy; he definitely knows more than I do about automating and consolidating all his home electronics.

    Lastly, it was a friggin' joke!

    How's your lawn looking? Flat & Green?

    I wish. I hate watering. I hear May/June are going to be quite dry. Good, I say, less mowing.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48313
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Thu May 03, 2012 3:06 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Prags lack of response tells me he's rolling his lawn or hosing his driveway, in the rain.

    Laughing3

    Or trying to set up his VCR to record YouTube.

    I guess we've seen the last of him for awhile then because:

    a) He smashed his VCR to bits because it kept blinking "12:00" in spite of multiple attempts to set the clock.

    b) He's gone to the "Radio Shack" to get a new one.

    Notice how I wrote "the" in front of "Radio Shack." Beer

    I actually don't have a VCR any more. Have a box of tapes somewhere, if the kids ever find it they'll have one of those nostalgic moments ("Oh, look! Barney!") and I'll have to either buy one or pay someone to convert them to disk.

    Here's a little stroll down memory lane. My first VHS VCR a Mitsubishi HiFi model and cost $1300. That was back in the early '80s so it's probably around $5K in today's dollars. And we b***h about Blu Ray players costing $500???!

    My family had to wait for Candle to get into the VCR game.Yes. Candle. I think it was about 400 bucks. My grandmother had a top-loading Quasar that cost 800 and still actually works. Laugh1

    Candle? There's a name from the past.

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 03, 2012 3:11 pm

    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Prags lack of response tells me he's rolling his lawn or hosing his driveway, in the rain.

    Laughing3

    Or trying to set up his VCR to record YouTube.

    I guess we've seen the last of him for awhile then because:

    a) He smashed his VCR to bits because it kept blinking "12:00" in spite of multiple attempts to set the clock.

    b) He's gone to the "Radio Shack" to get a new one.

    Notice how I wrote "the" in front of "Radio Shack." Beer

    I actually don't have a VCR any more. Have a box of tapes somewhere, if the kids ever find it they'll have one of those nostalgic moments ("Oh, look! Barney!") and I'll have to either buy one or pay someone to convert them to disk.

    Here's a little stroll down memory lane. My first VHS VCR a Mitsubishi HiFi model and cost $1300. That was back in the early '80s so it's probably around $5K in today's dollars. And we b***h about Blu Ray players costing $500???!

    My family had to wait for Candle to get into the VCR game.Yes. Candle. I think it was about 400 bucks. My grandmother had a top-loading Quasar that cost 800 and still actually works. Laugh1

    Candle? There's a name from the past.

    And Quasar kinda looks like a name from the future, doesn't it? Vertigo
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by spader on Thu May 03, 2012 4:54 pm

    shabbs wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    spader wrote:Anyone else think that the Lindsay finalists legitimate Stamkos as a Hart finalist?

    I have no idea what you mean.
    Me neither.

    I just meant that, for those who say Stammer shouldn't be a Hart finalist, the rest of the NHL seems to disagree.
    avatar
    Tuk Tuk
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1413
    Age : 24
    Location : Sault ste Marie
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-25

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Tuk Tuk on Thu May 03, 2012 4:57 pm

    spader wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    spader wrote:Anyone else think that the Lindsay finalists legitimate Stamkos as a Hart finalist?

    I have no idea what you mean.
    Me neither.

    I just meant that, for those who say Stammer shouldn't be a Hart finalist, the rest of the NHL seems to disagree.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see him win the Lindsay but not the Hart.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by spader on Thu May 03, 2012 5:06 pm

    Tuk Tuk wrote:
    spader wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    spader wrote:Anyone else think that the Lindsay finalists legitimate Stamkos as a Hart finalist?

    I have no idea what you mean.
    Me neither.

    I just meant that, for those who say Stammer shouldn't be a Hart finalist, the rest of the NHL seems to disagree.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see him win the Lindsay but not the Hart.

    Oh, I don't think he'll win the Hart. I just think he's a worthy finalist. I think he probably came third in voting.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48313
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Thu May 03, 2012 6:27 pm

    Driving home I heard on the Team1200 that the Team Alfie game will be "tomorrow afternoon". At the IIHF site it was listed as a 20:15 Start and gave Stockholm as the location. I assumed that meant 8:15PM in Stockholm time. But that would make it 1:15AM Saturday morning over here.

    So I think what this means is that the game will be 8:15PM *Eastern*, which would make it 2:15PM in Stockholm, hence the "afternoon" that I heard on the radio.

    Phew! Won't need the PVR to record that one. Sarcasm

    P.S. The sarcastic smiley is because I am making a joke.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    sandysensfan
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 3187
    Age : 65
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-04

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by sandysensfan on Thu May 03, 2012 7:07 pm

    wprager wrote:Driving home I heard on the Team1200 that the Team Alfie game will be "tomorrow afternoon". At the IIHF site it was listed as a 20:15 Start and gave Stockholm as the location. I assumed that meant 8:15PM in Stockholm time. But that would make it 1:15AM Saturday morning over here.

    So I think what this means is that the game will be 8:15PM *Eastern*, which would make it 2:15PM in Stockholm, hence the "afternoon" that I heard on the radio.

    Phew! Won't need the PVR to record that one. Sarcasm

    P.S. The sarcastic smiley is because I am making a joke.

    TSN has the schedule on their website. They list the Sweden/Norway game at 1:15 PM Friday...
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48313
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Thu May 03, 2012 8:10 pm

    sandysensfan wrote:
    wprager wrote:Driving home I heard on the Team1200 that the Team Alfie game will be "tomorrow afternoon". At the IIHF site it was listed as a 20:15 Start and gave Stockholm as the location. I assumed that meant 8:15PM in Stockholm time. But that would make it 1:15AM Saturday morning over here.

    So I think what this means is that the game will be 8:15PM *Eastern*, which would make it 2:15PM in Stockholm, hence the "afternoon" that I heard on the radio.

    Phew! Won't need the PVR to record that one. Sarcasm

    P.S. The sarcastic smiley is because I am making a joke.

    TSN has the schedule on their website. They list the Sweden/Norway game at 1:15 PM Friday...

    Ah, I think I understand now. The IIHF site must have converted to Eastern but did not adjust to DST.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Fri May 04, 2012 7:39 am

    Getzlaf named Canada's Captain for the World Championship...

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394958
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Fri May 04, 2012 7:40 am

    IIHF action: Canada vs Slovakia on TSN this morning at 9am.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16509
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri May 04, 2012 7:52 am

    shabbs wrote:IIHF action: Canada vs Slovakia on TSN this morning at 9am.

    I hope Prags remembered to change the tape in his Camcorder.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48313
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Fri May 04, 2012 8:01 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:IIHF action: Canada vs Slovakia on TSN this morning at 9am.

    I hope Prags remembered to change the tape in his Camcorder.

    Meh, who cares.


    Last edited by wprager on Fri May 04, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Fri May 04, 2012 10:12 am

    Raffi Torres and the NHLPA appeal the 25-game suspension...

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394939
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by shabbs on Fri May 04, 2012 10:13 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:IIHF action: Canada vs Slovakia on TSN this morning at 9am.

    I hope Prags remembered to change the tape in his Camcorder.
    I still rock a MinDV camcorder... MiniDV FTW!!!!!
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16509
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 am

    shabbs wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:IIHF action: Canada vs Slovakia on TSN this morning at 9am.

    I hope Prags remembered to change the tape in his Camcorder.
    I still rock a MinDV camcorder... MiniDV FTW!!!!!

    Hehehee...I too have a MiniDV camcorder...somewhere....
    avatar
    Hobiesens
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

    Number of posts : 812
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-11-06

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Hobiesens on Fri May 04, 2012 11:05 am

    I'm watching the Canada vs Slovakia game on the youtube feed and it pains me to say this but I wish they were using Bob Cole. The announcer is terrible. Dammit!
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48313
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by wprager on Fri May 04, 2012 2:49 pm

    Hobiesens wrote:I'm watching the Canada vs Slovakia game on the youtube feed and it pains me to say this but I wish they were using Bob Cole. The announcer is terrible. Dammit!

    How was the game? Anyone got scores? We should have a thread.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:07 am