General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16256
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by tim1_2 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 am

shabbs wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:IIHF action: Canada vs Slovakia on TSN this morning at 9am.

I hope Prags remembered to change the tape in his Camcorder.
    I still rock a MinDV camcorder... MiniDV FTW!!!!!

Hehehee...I too have a MiniDV camcorder...somewhere....

Hobiesens
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2008-11-06

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Hobiesens on Fri May 04, 2012 11:05 am

I'm watching the Canada vs Slovakia game on the youtube feed and it pains me to say this but I wish they were using Bob Cole. The announcer is terrible. Dammit!

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri May 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Hobiesens wrote:I'm watching the Canada vs Slovakia game on the youtube feed and it pains me to say this but I wish they were using Bob Cole. The announcer is terrible. Dammit!

How was the game? Anyone got scores? We should have a thread.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by tim1_2 on Fri May 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Canada won 3-2.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri May 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Oh Dung, did I just ruin it for you Prags? No need to rewind your tape now, I suppose!!!!
    Hobiesens
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2008-11-06

Post by Hobiesens on Fri May 04, 2012 2:54 pm

wprager wrote:
    Hobiesens wrote:I'm watching the Canada vs Slovakia game on the youtube feed and it pains me to say this but I wish they were using Bob Cole. The announcer is terrible. Dammit!

Canada won 3 to 2 but I found the game really sloppy.

In the Norway vs Sweden game, let's hope we hear this often in years to come, Karlsson to Silfverberg, scores. Sweden up 1-0 late in the first.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Fri May 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Silf just scored...assist to Karlsson. #signofthingstocome
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri May 04, 2012 5:39 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Oh Dung, did I just ruin it for you Prags? No need to rewind your tape now, I suppose!!!!

Nah, don't worry. I've got one of those tape rewinding machines that looks like a racing car.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri May 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Hobiesens wrote:
    wprager wrote:

Canada won 3 to 2 but I found the game really sloppy.

In the Norway vs Sweden game, let's hope we hear this often in years to come, Karlsson to Silfverberg, scores. Sweden up 1-0 late in the first.

Yep, I MTd that and had the exact same comment.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri May 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Sweden wins 3-1 with 4 points for the Sens (Silfverberg with the 1st goal, Alfie with two assists and Karlsson with another). So the Sens scored one and and assisted on all three.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Fri May 04, 2012 6:19 pm

wprager wrote:Sweden wins 3-1 with 4 points for the Sens (Silfverberg with the 1st goal, Alfie with two assists and Karlsson with another). So the Sens scored one and and assisted on all three.
    apparently it was a pass from Karlsson to silv. good to hear that they might be developing chemistry.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri May 04, 2012 6:39 pm

wprager wrote:Sweden wins 3-1 with 4 points for the Sens (Silfverberg with the 1st goal, Alfie with two assists and Karlsson with another). So the Sens scored one and and assisted on all three.
    '
    Ahhhhh!
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri May 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    apparently it was a pass from Karlsson to silv. good to hear that they might be developing chemistry.

Yes, that was originally mentioned by tim1_2. I saw someone tweet it and I modify-tweeted it saying how I hope to hear that a lot more starting this October; which was almost exactly what Hbiesens wrote.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri May 04, 2012 6:48 pm

So which was more impressive -- Sweden's 3-1 win over Norway or Canada's 3-2 over Slovakia? Slovakia can't be all that strong this year without Hossa or Gaborik.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Sat May 05, 2012 8:32 pm

USA beats Canada 5-4 in OT today... JJ with the OT winner for the US. Time to wake up Canada.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Sat May 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Sweden also won 4-1. Don't know if our guys got any assists.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun May 06, 2012 12:18 am

SpezDispenser wrote:Sweden also won 4-1. Don't know if our guys got any assists.

No, no points.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Sun May 06, 2012 10:37 am

Canada plays France on Monday morning. Both teams are 2-1. Da Costa playing for France.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:11 am