You are not connected. Please login or register

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Sens vs. Rangers

0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
38% 38% [ 9 ]
17% 17% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
4% 4% [ 1 ]
4% 4% [ 1 ]
13% 13% [ 3 ]
24% 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

rooneypoo


All-Star
All-Star
Riprock wrote:Regular season results between the two teams:

Regular Season Series: Ottawa wins 3 - 1
Oct 29: Ottawa 5, at New York 4
Nov 9: New York 3, at Ottawa 2
Jan 12: Ottawa 3, at New York 0
Mar 8: at Ottawa 4, New York 1

Looks like we're in for a low-scoring, gritty, physical affair, with lots of frustrated shooters on both sides, if you ask me.

I get that regular season records are not necessarily indicative of how the playoff series might unfold, but, all things considered, OTT matches up well against NYR. NYR may very well win, but they're not going to plow through us like BOS probably would have -- no chance.

Hoags


All-Star
All-Star
Worrisome stats:

Ottawa:

Record in the last ten: 4-6
Current Streak: lost 3
Last 13: 5-8
Since the allstar break: 14-16 (.466)
Dead last in GAA of playoff bound teams

Rangers much better than Boston though.

Riprock


All-Star
All-Star
Keys for Ottawa - Neil and Smith, as well as the other checkers. Need these guys to wreak havoc, as well as score when chances arise.

The Bingo crew that won the Calder Cup have playoff experience and underdog mentality.

Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek and Karlsson need to provide the offence.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Riprock wrote:
Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek, Turris and Karlsson need to provide the offence.

Need to add that one there, we're not getting anywhere if he's not a contributor.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Oops.... very true, forgot that guy.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
2012 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
SERIES A TIME (ET) #1 VS. #8 NETWORKS
THURSDAY, APRIL 12, 2012 7 P.M. OTTAWA AT NY RANGERS NHL NETWORK, CBC
SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2012 7 P.M. OTTAWA AT NY RANGERS NBC SPORTS NETWORK, CBC
MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012 7:30 P.M. NY RANGERS AT OTTAWA CBC, CNBC
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012 7:30 P.M. NY RANGERS AT OTTAWA CBC, CNBC
*SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2012 7 P.M. OTTAWA AT NY RANGERS NBC SPORTS NETWORK, CBC
*MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2012 TBD NY RANGERS AT OTTAWA TBD
*THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012 TBD OTTAWA AT NY RANGERS TBD

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Riprock wrote:Keys for Ottawa - Neil and Smith, as well as the other checkers. Need these guys to wreak havoc, as well as score when chances arise.

The Bingo crew that won the Calder Cup have playoff experience and underdog mentality.

Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek and Karlsson need to provide the offence.

I think that's an enormous benefit for the Sens. If that group can find whatever they found last season, the Sens have a legitimate shot. Anything can happen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:
Riprock wrote:Keys for Ottawa - Neil and Smith, as well as the other checkers. Need these guys to wreak havoc, as well as score when chances arise.

The Bingo crew that won the Calder Cup have playoff experience and underdog mentality.

Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek and Karlsson need to provide the offence.

I think that's an enormous benefit for the Sens. If that group can find whatever they found last season, the Sens have a legitimate shot. Anything can happen.

Literally can't be stressed how important that was enough.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
HNIC will use Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson on Canucks-Kings series. Bob Cole, Garry Galley and Glenn Healy will work NYR-Sens series.

Ugh. Cole and Healy. Bah.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
I think that's an enormous benefit for the Sens. If that group can find whatever they found last season, the Sens have a legitimate shot. Anything can happen.

The Bingo crew has largely disappeared since the second half of the season started. I thought they played better against NJ so hopefully they are back.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
does anyone know if CBC is national coverage? it shows them covering the boston games And the sens games?

it better cuz if i'm stuck watching Boston in Montreal I'm gonna be mad. of course CBC doesn't ever give a Dung about the comments they receive.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Flo The Action wrote:does anyone know if CBC is national coverage? it shows them covering the boston games And the sens games?

it better cuz if i'm stuck watching Boston in Montreal I'm gonna be mad. of course CBC doesn't ever give a Dung about the comments they receive.
Not sure... it seems only some will be national.

Elliotte: For Games 1 & 3 of OTT/BOS series, Senators will have the full network, minus one station (CHEX), which is accessible w/the right package...

Game 2 of each series is on Sat but the BOS one is at 3pm. So, not sure why both can't be full network coverage.

CBC will be streaming the games from their site too. So, for Game 2 I'll be screwed.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Not sure either, but CBC has a designated channel for Montreal on top of the East and West feeds. So it is possible that they show more than one game simultaneously.

CBC would have to give priority to a Canadian team though. At least, so you would think.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
CBC's priority should be Sens and Canucks. Hopefully Elliotte can clarify later.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:
I think that's an enormous benefit for the Sens. If that group can find whatever they found last season, the Sens have a legitimate shot. Anything can happen.

The Bingo crew has largely disappeared since the second half of the season started. I thought they played better against NJ so hopefully they are back.

Taking it easy for the meaningless games so they can be fresh for the games that matter Wink Sarcasm

shabbs wrote:
HNIC will use Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson on Canucks-Kings series. Bob Cole, Garry Galley and Glenn Healy will work NYR-Sens series.

Ugh. Cole and Healy. Bah.

Cole? Puking2 :crossarms: Facepalm

I was on Twitter yesterday and a lot of Sens fans were complaining about the awful commentary by the past his prime Cole and Leaf fans were coming to his defence (of course) and said Sens fans were classless and one guy said he wished the "Leafs were in the playoffs so they could eliminate the Sens yet again" lol. I love how they even think it has anything to do with being a Sens fan and not that Cole is just bad at what he does now (or ever) and that he is what is wrong with broadcasting industry (guys that should retire and let young people take over). Too bad for the Leafs that in order to try and eliminate the Sens again, they have to actually make it to the post-season. And I know that Sens fans welcome the opportunity to beat the Leafs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:CBC's priority should be Sens and Canucks. Hopefully Elliotte can clarify later.
there is something seriously wrong with CBC if the sens don't have priority of the bruins. I know this is the stanley cup defenders but c'mon!! CANADIAN brodcasting???? CBc? can we please watch our teams????
I don't want to watch the game online, that's why I got a 50" TV!!!!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
I've learned to mentally tune out Cole, I don't even hear how he calls Kuba "Kubina" or Gonchar is "Karlsson" over half the time Laughing3

Just hit the mute button when Healy and Cassie Campbell start talking.

At least we got Garry Galley.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cole kept calling Greening simply Green yesterday... must have been thinking back to his coverage of the Leafs.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum