(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Share

    Poll

    Sens vs. Rangers

    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 9 ]
    38% [38%] 
    [ 4 ]
    17% [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    4% [4%] 
    [ 1 ]
    4% [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    13% [13%] 
    [ 6 ]
    24% [24%] 

    Total Votes: 24

    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by SensGirl11 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:04 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Also quite impressed with Cowen, he really played a strong game, nice hits, nice reads. Same with Gonchar - who I thought was playing very average up until now.

    I recall last night a few times when you told him he could go now. Laugh1 He did pick it up though for sure. He was definitely less than average before last night.
    During the course of a single game, SpezD has traded and re-acquired his entire team... in his mind... if he was the GM...

    Wink

    I traded Gonchar in my mind for sure, then I picked him back up on waivers. Smile

    Laughing3 Priceless.

    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by SensGirl11 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:05 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Don't think Butler makes it to training camp next year despite being very, very good in the playoffs so far. If the Rangers were better offensively I doubt we would be talking much about him.


    I don't think he will either. Not sure about Daugavins, but there's not a lot of room for him unfortunately.

    Yeah, he seems to be getting pushed out of the lineup, he has been since the last part of the season. I personally didn't understand it and still don't at times but we have to go with the winning formula of course. If it weren't the playoffs he'd still have his spot where Konopka is right now. Thankfully Konopka has really upped his game in the playoffs, I thought he would be detrimental but he's been great.

    Oh yeah, Konopka has proved his worth big time. Same with Carkner - those two should be slam dunks to be offered contracts.

    Really, you think Konopka is a slam dunk? He warmed the bench all season...Carkner however is a slam dunk.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54403
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:07 pm

    SensGirl11 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Don't think Butler makes it to training camp next year despite being very, very good in the playoffs so far. If the Rangers were better offensively I doubt we would be talking much about him.


    I don't think he will either. Not sure about Daugavins, but there's not a lot of room for him unfortunately.

    Yeah, he seems to be getting pushed out of the lineup, he has been since the last part of the season. I personally didn't understand it and still don't at times but we have to go with the winning formula of course. If it weren't the playoffs he'd still have his spot where Konopka is right now. Thankfully Konopka has really upped his game in the playoffs, I thought he would be detrimental but he's been great.

    Oh yeah, Konopka has proved his worth big time. Same with Carkner - those two should be slam dunks to be offered contracts.

    Really, you think Konopka is a slam dunk? He warmed the bench all season...Carkner however is a slam dunk.

    I really think he's a slam dunk, yeah. He warmed the bench the regular season, then when called upon in the playoffs he's won faceoffs, provided good support on the 4th line, been good for quotes to the media. Everything you could ask for. Re-sign please.
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 36
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by SensGirl11 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:07 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:Also quite impressed with Cowen, he really played a strong game, nice hits, nice reads. Same with Gonchar - who I thought was playing very average up until now.

    I recall last night a few times when you told him he could go now. Laugh1 He did pick it up though for sure. He was definitely less than average before last night.
    During the course of a single game, SpezD has traded and re-acquired his entire team... in his mind... if he was the GM...

    Wink

    Yep, that's SD for ya! Quite amusing stuff actually. Laugh1

    Again, only one guy was out - Gonchar.

    NOTHappy
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16317
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 pm

    SensGirl11 wrote:
    Man, remember that saved goal right before Michalek scored? That would've surely buried us.

    Yep...Winchester, if memory serves me correctly, pulled it out of harms way.

    Really, the reason we are in this series is because EVERYBODY is contributing. I can litereally remember key plays in this series involving pretty much everybody on our roster.

    Winchester is day-to-day...Maybe to be replaced by The Alfie...if not...who? Does K-Daug get another shot?
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 36
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by SensGirl11 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Don't think Butler makes it to training camp next year despite being very, very good in the playoffs so far. If the Rangers were better offensively I doubt we would be talking much about him.


    I don't think he will either. Not sure about Daugavins, but there's not a lot of room for him unfortunately.

    Yeah, he seems to be getting pushed out of the lineup, he has been since the last part of the season. I personally didn't understand it and still don't at times but we have to go with the winning formula of course. If it weren't the playoffs he'd still have his spot where Konopka is right now. Thankfully Konopka has really upped his game in the playoffs, I thought he would be detrimental but he's been great.

    Oh yeah, Konopka has proved his worth big time. Same with Carkner - those two should be slam dunks to be offered contracts.

    Really, you think Konopka is a slam dunk? He warmed the bench all season...Carkner however is a slam dunk.

    I really think he's a slam dunk, yeah. He warmed the bench the regular season, then when called upon in the playoffs he's won faceoffs, provided good support on the 4th line, been good for quotes to the media. Everything you could ask for. Re-sign please.

    Fair enough. It's a good thing he isn't rusty, he's definitely been really good (in the playoffs). Hasn't taken any stupid penalties la Foligno.
    avatar
    SensGirl11
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 5050
    Age : 36
    Location : GO SENS!
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-13

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by SensGirl11 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:
    Man, remember that saved goal right before Michalek scored? That would've surely buried us.

    Yep...Winchester, if memory serves me correctly, pulled it out of harms way.

    Really, the reason we are in this series is because EVERYBODY is contributing. I can litereally remember key plays in this series involving pretty much everybody on our roster.

    Winchester is day-to-day...Maybe to be replaced by The Alfie...if not...who? Does K-Daug get another shot?

    I guess him or Hoffman...not sure I'd throw Hoffman to the wolves just yet but who knows what MacLean is thinking...I'm not sure I'd put Klinkhammer in either at this point. I hope Winchester is back, much more comfortable with him.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54403
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SensGirl11 wrote:
    Man, remember that saved goal right before Michalek scored? That would've surely buried us.

    Yep...Winchester, if memory serves me correctly, pulled it out of harms way.

    Really, the reason we are in this series is because EVERYBODY is contributing. I can litereally remember key plays in this series involving pretty much everybody on our roster.

    Winchester is day-to-day...Maybe to be replaced by The Alfie...if not...who? Does K-Daug get another shot?

    I would assume it'll be Daug, yeah.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47936
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by wprager on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:35 pm

    NEELY wrote:Hopefully Alfi is ready to go because if he is that should be a HUGE boost to the Sens.

    The Hoff has been sent back to the Black Aces, so that bodes well for His Alfiness returning?

    P.S. How do you get sent back to a virtual team/organization?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16317
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:43 pm

    On Konopka, him and Carkner are two prototypical team guys. They contribute whether they actually slot into games or not. They both keep guys working hard in practice, and keep the mood light. And when the Dung hits the fan, they never back down. Either guy can play on my team any time.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by NEELY on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 pm

    Pretty much that right above me.

    Team guys that can do the job they are asked and do it WELL are hard to find. Ottawa has 3 or 4 guys like that right now. Konopka and Carkner should be resigned ASAP (or when the season is over).
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54403
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:46 pm

    wprager wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Hopefully Alfi is ready to go because if he is that should be a HUGE boost to the Sens.

    The Hoff has been sent back to the Black Aces, so that bodes well for His Alfiness returning?

    P.S. How do you get sent back to a virtual team/organization?

    Didn't understand that either to be honest.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24764
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:48 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Hopefully Alfi is ready to go because if he is that should be a HUGE boost to the Sens.

    The Hoff has been sent back to the Black Aces, so that bodes well for His Alfiness returning?

    P.S. How do you get sent back to a virtual team/organization?

    Didn't understand that either to be honest.

    Whuh? scratch
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54403
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:53 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    SpezDispenser wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Hopefully Alfi is ready to go because if he is that should be a HUGE boost to the Sens.

    The Hoff has been sent back to the Black Aces, so that bodes well for His Alfiness returning?

    P.S. How do you get sent back to a virtual team/organization?

    Didn't understand that either to be honest.

    Whuh? scratch

    Apparently Mike Hoffman's locker in the dressing room was cleared out and he was sent back to join the Black Aces. I guess the Black Aces stay in the Sensplex to practice and don't join the team for practice or activities.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16317
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:58 pm

    wprager wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Hopefully Alfi is ready to go because if he is that should be a HUGE boost to the Sens.

    The Hoff has been sent back to the Black Aces, so that bodes well for His Alfiness returning?

    P.S. How do you get sent back to a virtual team/organization?

    All this means is that 3 of the following 4 guys will be in the lineup on Saturday:

    The Alfie, Winchester, Butler, Daugavins.

    I imagine "sending" the Hoff back just means they don't have to pay him his NHL salary...and they cleared out his stall.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by spader on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:03 pm

    NEELY wrote:Pretty much that right above me.

    Team guys that can do the job they are asked and do it WELL are hard to find. Ottawa has 3 or 4 guys like that right now. Konopka and Carkner should be resigned ASAP (or when the season is over).

    Both of them have been impressive. Carkner was a little bit behind where he needed to be when he came back after his injury, but they're both perfect role players.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:07 pm

    Konopka has been very impressive, him and Neil are playing with pure heart out there. Ditto for Carkner, I was on the smell ya later carks bandwagon but am coming around....slowly. I posted a video of Konopka basically clowning around with the teammates (him and foligno) basically to show why he's still such an asset to have on the team and got shut down with 'any jackass can do that' lol.

    I thought Kuba and Spezza were the worst senators out there yesterday though.

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by NEELY on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:16 pm

    Kuba had a real bad first for sure and Spezza has been awful all series. At this point it doesn't matter though, he needs ONE good game and if he can do that, one good game in 7, the Sens should be able to pull off the upset.

    Sponsored content

    Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 pm