You are not connected. Please login or register

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 37]

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I would like to know why someone didn't finish off Gaborik last night. He was hurting, I thought he knocked himself out of the game but he came back. That shoulder didn't look too good...I hope they were watching. I don't want to sound goonish but they've been taking liberties with our guys so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same when they see that kind of opportunity.

Not really. Don't see them even hitting in the last two games.

Except for taking out Alfredsson and almost taking out Spezza, everything's been just dandy.

That's not taking liberties. Spezza has only himself to blame on that hit, and Hagelin's hit was a suspendable act and he got his punishment. If you think he's going out their to hurt people and take liberties, then you're mistaken. It's a hit, he got his elbow up, things happen.

The Rangers have been fairly soft this series and other than Boyle on Karlsson in Game 1, I don't see them doing anything to any of our players to throw them off their game. Guys like Callahan etc. have died since Game 1.

It definitely was Spezza's fault, I agree there.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
If Gaborik is hurting, we need to make sure he continues to hurt is all she meant I think - and I agree. Hit him over and over.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Per Joy Lindasy (@PSBJoyOnTheSens):

#Sens Coach MacLean calls Bobby Butler and Zenon Konopka "the perfect example of what a team is." #BSens

#Sens Coach MacLean: "You can't get frustrated at this time of year. Frustration is a useless emotion."
----
On a sidenote, Joy automatically becomes the best reporter covering the Sens since Bingo's season ended and she came up to Ottawa. Best call-up Ottawa made all year.

The 2nd tweet about frustration is 100% true. And it's what we all feel at times when watching the games.

Joy's not doing too well right now. Her recent tweets (as @puckjoy, not @PSBJoy) are a bit worrisome.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SensGirl11 wrote:I'm not really talking about taking 'liberties' on Gaborik either, just give him a good clean hit into the boards to really take out that shoulder. Not too much to ask is it? Sarcasm

It's too little. A nice chop to the kneecap, please.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
Joy's not doing too well right now. Her recent tweets (as @puckjoy, not @PSBJoy) are a bit worrisome.

Why?

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
Joy's not doing too well right now. Her recent tweets (as @puckjoy, not @PSBJoy) are a bit worrisome.

Why?

Check out her timeline. She's sitting at the CanadianTire in Kanata and sounds like the news is not good. She's got no money, has a cold and I think there are other issues back home.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
Joy's not doing too well right now. Her recent tweets (as @puckjoy, not @PSBJoy) are a bit worrisome.

Why?

Check out her timeline. She's sitting at the CanadianTire in Kanata and sounds like the news is not good. She's got no money, has a cold and I think there are other issues back home.

Oh oh....

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
Joy's not doing too well right now. Her recent tweets (as @puckjoy, not @PSBJoy) are a bit worrisome.

Why?

Check out her timeline. She's sitting at the CanadianTire in Kanata and sounds like the news is not good. She's got no money, has a cold and I think there are other issues back home.

Oh oh....

What the hell?

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I'm not really talking about taking 'liberties' on Gaborik either, just give him a good clean hit into the boards to really take out that shoulder. Not too much to ask is it? Sarcasm

It's too little. A nice chop to the kneecap, please.

Two-hander + throat

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SensGirl11 wrote:I would like to know why someone didn't finish off Gaborik last night. He was hurting, I thought he knocked himself out of the game but he came back. That shoulder didn't look too good...I hope they were watching. I don't want to sound goonish but they've been taking liberties with our guys so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same when they see that kind of opportunity.

I'd rather the Rags keep Gaborik in the lineup. He hasn't done much..and while he could easily change a game in a second, he's been relatively quiet.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Man do I hope The Alfie skates today...MacLean said it was a possibility for today.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I would like to know why someone didn't finish off Gaborik last night. He was hurting, I thought he knocked himself out of the game but he came back. That shoulder didn't look too good...I hope they were watching. I don't want to sound goonish but they've been taking liberties with our guys so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same when they see that kind of opportunity.

I'd rather the Rags keep Gaborik in the lineup. He hasn't done much..and while he could easily change a game in a second, he's been relatively quiet.

He was dancing around in G1, but I must admit I didn't notice him in G3 until he got tripped up (Cowen?) into the end-boards and got up very slowly. He's hurting for sure. Amazing he's lasted as long as he has given his history. We need him to "limp along" for a couple more games.

Speaking of liming along what the heck is wrong with Zack Smith? A couple of times he did a fly-by when he could have easily finished his check. He reminds me of when Fisher could not "initiate contact". I like Smith but if he's not banging and crashing out there then he's not very useful. We already have enough no-hitters in the lineup (Kuba, Spezza, Butler, Karlsson) and we are missing Alfie. We need Klinkhammer in there if Smith is hurting.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, haven't noticed Smith too much either, now that you mention it. I think he's been nursing an injury or two for a while, but you're right. Step up and start dropping some Rags.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
So with Silf leaving Sweden on Sunday to come here, I don't think there's any way he plays in game 6. Game 7, if needed, is on Thursday.

NEELY


Mod
Mod
Don't think there is any way he plays unless there is a serious issue in the top 6. You don't bump guys out that have been around all year so someone who has never met 1/2 the team can play.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 37]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum