You are not connected. Please login or register

(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 37]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
Mendes says that stone sounds like a guy who knows he's playing tonight.... Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Michallica wrote:Mendes says that stone sounds like a guy who knows he's playing tonight.... Ahhhhh!

Huh...

NEELY

Mod
Mod
If Stone plays then I retract everything I said about Silfverberg not playing. That said I don't think Stone plays.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Stone is IN as per multiple sources on the twitter. The only thing I don't like about this decision is his terrible #60 Wink

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:If Stone plays then I retract everything I said about Silfverberg not playing. That said I don't think Stone plays.

Beat me to it Smile Not only has Stone not seen a lick of the NHL, he hasn't even played a pro game and is only 19. But if they play him on the 3rd/4th line and maybe a shift or two on the PP, who knows. The other one I was going to mention is Radulov. Sure, he's older and *has* played in the NHL, but he's been playing in the KHL for a few years and that's not that much different from the SEL.

So, let's analyze this one. Stone's got the build for the NHL, even though he is only 19. Most people say his skating is not good enough for a top-six NHL player, but on the PP, in and around the crease you need quick hands more than fast legs. Stone's got that. It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
No idea what to expect. This type of thing happens very little and I think if Alfi is out come Monday you will see Silfverberg.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Is Stone slow or just carrying extra weight?

Looks more like a football player than hockey player, and that's just from the WJC.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I can't believe the bio on him that says he's 6'3" (I believe this part) and only 200 lbs. He looked way more solid than that at the WJC.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:No idea what to expect. This type of thing happens very little and I think if Alfi is out come Monday you will see Silfverberg.

I'm just hoping Spezza wakes up a bit and the top line takes some of the heat off the 3rd/4th liners.

NEELY

Mod
Mod
He's a big boy, nothing much else to say.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's an interesting decision for sure. Sounds like he's in there to help on the PP, something he was very good at all year. Seeing him in the WJC, he's a guy that can get to the net and finds the dirty areas.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
NEELY wrote:He's a big boy, nothing much else to say.

Grow 'em big out west.

No, seriously, Michalek is listed at 6'2" 225lbs. Stone is 6'3" and looks more "solid". He's got to be 220lbs and up.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:

Grow 'em big out west.

No, seriously, Michalek is listed at 6'2" 225lbs. Stone is 6'3" and looks more "solid". He's got to be 220lbs and up.

Big neck and square jaw. Like Matt Foy.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Apparently some Rangers' fans over on HFBoards are saying Hagelin is more important to the Rags than Alfie is for the Sens. Best tweet so far:

Stfx ‏ @Stfx273
@ChicagoSens @SensNation What time in the period does all of MSG chant Hagelin again?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Apparently some Rangers' fans over on HFBoards are saying Hagelin is more important to the Rags than Alfie is for the Sens. Best tweet so far:

Stfx ‏ @Stfx273
@ChicagoSens @SensNation What time in the period does all of MSG chant Hagelin again?

I forgot to post on this very subject last week. I was listening to WFAN after Thursday's game and the host and the fans calling in seemed to be saying that Hagelin was the key to the top line.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Apparently some Rangers' fans over on HFBoards are saying Hagelin is more important to the Rags than Alfie is for the Sens. Best tweet so far:

Stfx ‏ @Stfx273

I forgot to post on this very subject last week. I was listening to WFAN after Thursday's game and the host and the fans calling in seemed to be saying that Hagelin was the key to the top line.

In much the same way as Greening is for Ottawa -- a rookie, very fast.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Leftie
wprager wrote:

Grow 'em big out west.

Michalek is bigger. I think Stone is lankier.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
OMG I never realized Michalek was so huge. I must have the aspect ratio set wrong on my TV.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum