(1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Re: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators - Playoffs Round 1

Post by NEELY on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Anderson is the real deal though, Ottawa has a true #1 with maybe 2 other goaltenders that can fill that role behind him.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 49024
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Don't know if we can survive without getting a top line winger.

Love this team though, beautiful effort. Next year should be exciting.

Silfverberg showed some Alfieness on that one shift.

Stone needs to work on his skating but he's got size, soft hands and quick shot. He's the classic power forward that we *almost* had with Heatley (he had size but let his shot do all the work and rarely his feet). Noesen, too. Future's so bright I have to wear shades Smile

Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9236
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Funny how we did better in the series with Alfie out of the lineup. It seems like when he plays everyone just waits for him to score.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by NEELY on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:23 pm

If Alfi comes back hopefully Ottawa will break the bank to grab a top 2 D and a top 3 forward. If they can do that they can compete for a cup. They are young and they are really not that far off.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:27 pm

NEELY wrote:If Alfi comes back hopefully Ottawa will break the bank to grab a top 2 D and a top 3 forward. If they can do that they can compete for a cup. They are young and they are really not that far off.

Only Suter and Parise fit the bill this July 1st .... so yeah ...... Uhoh!

I can't wait to see Turris next year, hope he busts his Donkey this summer, or even better work with Roberts, worked for Stamkos.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Turris seems like he is on the brink of becoming a legit #1 option... I'm excited to see what he does next year with a full camp and season.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 pm

NEELY wrote:If Alfi comes back hopefully Ottawa will break the bank to grab a top 2 D and a top 3 forward. If they can do that they can compete for a cup. They are young and they are really not that far off.

I was hoping for Ryan Suter but the way Nashville is going they may probably go to the West finals at least so don't see him moving out of there.
    I think we should do anything possible to get bobby Ryan this summer.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Trading a 1st and Michalek for Ryan would be somethign they should look at. Might need to add in an extra piece but they should try and upgrade the wing.

Michalek peaked and he was the worst Sen by a mile in the playoffs. Nothing impressive about his game at this point. This is a case of selling high.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Hoags on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Why would Anaheim trade Ryan ?? confused
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Thing with Michalek is, a Dung of his goals this year came from breakaways and quick releases from the slot.
    I am pretty sure the N1 game plan against Ottawa was 1/ to stop Spezza from making any passes from behind the net and corners and 2/ to put Girardi inches from Michalek on every shift.
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by Riprock on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Adding Parise is the only thing they can really should do. I'm not sure I'd even want a plan b - I'd just go with the same team.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Hoags wrote:Why would Anaheim trade Ryan ?? confused

We'll have to overpay, but he had a very average season nonetheless.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:37 pm

LeKid wrote:Thing with Michalek is, a Dung of his goals this year came from breakaways and quick releases from the slot.
    I am pretty sure the N1 game plan against Ottawa was 1/ to stop Spezza from making any passes from behind the net and corners and 2/ to put Girardi inches from Michalek on every shift.

Michalek didn't fight through anything, mind you it's tough to do that when your center doesn't do anything to get the puck to you aside from making a prayer kind of pass.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21398
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:38 pm

NEELY wrote:Trading a 1st and Michalek for Ryan would be somethign they should look at. Might need to add in an extra piece but they should try and upgrade the wing.

Michalek peaked and he was the worst Sen by a mile in the playoffs. Nothing impressive about his game at this point. This is a case of selling high.

I thought he was pretty good tonight. And you wouldn't be selling high if everyone else thinks the same way. I do agree that he isn't the best 1st sniper out there, but even a guy like Gaborik, who is much better than Michalek as far as skill goes, was invisible for the most part.

I'm not sure they will go looking at a trade like that as they have the wing prospects coming. Silfverberg showed some of his worth tonight.

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about any player tonight or in this series and I am not sure that anyone should, really. They gave it their all. The Rangers just play an annoying defensive style that won't work against the better teams with more experience.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Riprock wrote:Adding Parise is the only thing they can really should do. I'm not sure I'd even want a plan b - I'd just go with the same team.

Penner is plan B for sure.

They should seriously offer Parise a 10 years, 70 million dollar deal. The guy is one of the best in the world.

NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

Post by NEELY on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Big Ev wrote:
    NEELY wrote:Trading a 1st and Michalek for Ryan would be somethign they should look at. Might need to add in an extra piece but they should try and upgrade the wing.

I thought he was pretty good tonight. And you wouldn't be selling high if everyone else thinks the same way. I do agree that he isn't the best 1st sniper out there, but even a guy like Gaborik, who is much better than Michalek as far as skill goes, was invisible for the most part.

I'm not sure they will go looking at a trade like that as they have the wing prospects coming. Silfverberg showed some of his worth tonight.

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about any player tonight or in this series and I am not sure that anyone should, really. They gave it their all. The Rangers just play an annoying defensive style that won't work against the better teams with more experience.

Super disappointed with Spezza, won't lie. For a guy that says all the right things and wants to be the captain he hasn't shown a thing to warrent that kind of praise. Everyone should know exactly what he is at this point, this series proved it.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21398
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Riprock wrote:Adding Parise is the only thing they can really should do. I'm not sure I'd even want a plan b - I'd just go with the same team.

yeah you shouldn't tinker too much from a good team...especially with the players we have coming in.

If Alfredsson retired I would try to sign Shane Doan. Would be a good stopgap and he provides leadership and some scoring. I don't care that he is over 35, you need players like that on this roster.
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by LeCaptain on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:43 pm

I agree the Rangers play a frustrating defensive game, but seriously, I haven't seen Spezza and Michalek do Dung on the power play for 7 games, thats unacceptable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:05 am