Poll

Who will get the C in Ottawa?

38% 38% [ 6 ]
50% 50% [ 8 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 16

Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!
by Flo The Action Yesterday at 10:46 pm

» The NFL is back baby...
by Ev Yesterday at 9:39 pm

» General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league
by spader Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What Am I Watching Right now? MAJOR BREAKING BAD SPOILERS IN HERE!
by wprager Yesterday at 2:00 pm

» Line Predictions:
by wprager Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:39 pm

» What video game are you playing?
by tim1_2 Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:34 am

» All things Baseball
by shabbs Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:45 pm

» Prospect Tourney Game Day Thread
by Ev Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:10 pm

» Rob Ford...
by wprager Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:24 pm

» Toronto Blue Jays Talk
by wprager Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:10 am

» All Things Binghamton Senators!
by rooneypoo Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:44 pm

» Who will get the C in Ottawa?
by wprager Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:46 am

» What are you most looking forward to?
by wprager Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:45 pm

» NCAAF 2014/15 Season is here!
by Ev Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:55 pm

» Random household issues -- questions asked and answered here
by shabbs Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:46 pm


2012/13 Lineup

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by tim1_2 on Mon May 07, 2012 11:41 am

NEELY wrote:All depends what they are looking for. IMO they need a bomb of a LH shot on the 1st PP unit to take some pressure off Karlsson and Spezza.

So we sign Garrison and trade for Murray, and our D looks like this:

Garrison - Karlsson
Phillips - Murray
Cowen - Gonchar
Borowiecki

Oh dear, Murray probably plays the left side, and I just put him on his off-side...universe...collapsing....

Well, ignoring that possibility, that looks to be some solid D, other than what people may think about Gonchar.

tim1_2
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 9615
Registration date: 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by spader on Mon May 07, 2012 11:58 am

NEELY wrote:Murray from SJ may be on the block and could very well fit in with the core of Swedes in Ottawa.

The caveman? I've been dying to see him in a Sens sweater. Yes, please! Ahhhhh!

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 7373
Registration date: 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Murray would be really expensive IMO. He's such a great defensive D-man - literally just what we need, but the price might be out of our league.

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by spader on Mon May 07, 2012 12:05 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:Murray from SJ may be on the block and could very well fit in with the core of Swedes in Ottawa.

One year left on his deal at $2.5M. Probably wouldn't be too expensive in terms of trade value. Seems kinda like a Volchenkov. Yeah, I could see taking him on, especially if Carkner isn't retained. His hit total dropped off this year (2.1 hits per game) compared to last year though (2.8 hits per game). He is getting old, and maybe is starting to feel it.

Anyway, yeah, I could picture him playing an important role for the Sens.

SpezDispenser wrote:Murray would be really expensive IMO. He's such a great defensive D-man - literally just what we need, but the price might be out of our league.


One of you must be wrong. Since I really want to see Murray here, I've decided that SD must be the incorrect assessor of young Douglas's trade value. Sarcasm

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 7373
Age: 34
Location: La Loche, Saskatchewan
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Ha...I wish. I've always really liked that guy.

_________________
‏@b_ryan9 Ottawa.... Im coming in hot

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by tim1_2 on Mon May 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Going into the last year of his deal, he couldn't be "really expensive". I stand by my assessment of "not too expensive"!!!!

Couldn't see him garnering a first round pick or top-tier forward...so maybe a prospect or middle-tier forward.

Just because this is an Ottawa Senators thread, let's say the deal is Foligno for Murray. Do you do it?

tim1_2
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 9615
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 12:19 pm

tim1_2 wrote:Going into the last year of his deal, he couldn't be "really expensive". I stand by my assessment of "not too expensive"!!!!

Couldn't see him garnering a first round pick or top-tier forward...so maybe a prospect or middle-tier forward.

Just because this is an Ottawa Senators thread, let's say the deal is Foligno for Murray. Do you do it?

Not without an extension IMO.

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by tim1_2 on Mon May 07, 2012 12:23 pm

So let's say Foligno's new contract is $2.0M for two years, and we can trade that for Murray, after having negotiated a 3-year $3M/year contract for him. Do you do that?

tim1_2
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 9615
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by Ev on Mon May 07, 2012 12:25 pm

tim1_2 wrote:So let's say Foligno's new contract is $2.0M for two years, and we can trade that for Murray, after having negotiated a 3-year $3M/year contract for him. Do you do that?

Yes.

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 16390
Age: 23
Location: Methottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 12:26 pm

tim1_2 wrote:So let's say Foligno's new contract is $2.0M for two years, and we can trade that for Murray, after having negotiated a 3-year $3M/year contract for him. Do you do that?

I would personally, yes. Murray is a warrior. 143 blocks, 126 hits in 60 games = a beautiful intimidation factor on the back end. Nice replacement for Kuba too.

Now...what to do about the offense from the backend...

_________________
‏@b_ryan9 Ottawa.... Im coming in hot

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 12:32 pm

Why, where is it said that Murray's on the block anyway?

_________________
‏@b_ryan9 Ottawa.... Im coming in hot

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon May 07, 2012 12:33 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Why, where is it said that Murray's on the block anyway?

Douglas Murray on the block?!?!?!? What the?!?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 19185
Age: 42
Location: Cornwall, ON
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by tim1_2 on Mon May 07, 2012 12:36 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Why, where is it said that Murray's on the block anyway?

It's a hypothetical situation with the type of d-man Ottawa may have interest in.

tim1_2
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 9615
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by spader on Mon May 07, 2012 12:39 pm

tim1_2 wrote:So let's say Foligno's new contract is $2.0M for two years, and we can trade that for Murray, after having negotiated a 3-year $3M/year contract for him. Do you do that?
Nod I would. I like Foligno, but you have to give to get. Murray's a beast.

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 7373
Age: 34
Location: La Loche, Saskatchewan
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 1:26 pm

He's certainly the kind of D-man we could use. Still like Garrison after finding out he blocks shots and hits too.

_________________
‏@b_ryan9 Ottawa.... Im coming in hot

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by tim1_2 on Mon May 07, 2012 1:32 pm

Murray also fills the 'ugly' void that has been vacated by A-Train and Leclaire.

tim1_2
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 9615
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by sandysensfan on Mon May 07, 2012 5:36 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:All depends what they are looking for. IMO they need a bomb of a LH shot on the 1st PP unit to take some pressure off Karlsson and Spezza.

So we sign Garrison and trade for Murray, and our D looks like this:

Garrison - Karlsson
Phillips - Murray
Cowen - Gonchar
Borowiecki

Oh dear, Murray probably plays the left side, and I just put him on his off-side...universe...collapsing....

Well, ignoring that possibility, that looks to be some solid D, other than what people may think about Gonchar.

If Garrison is that good.... don't you think Florida would re-sign him?

sandysensfan
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts: 3185
Age: 62
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 5:41 pm

sandysensfan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:All depends what they are looking for. IMO they need a bomb of a LH shot on the 1st PP unit to take some pressure off Karlsson and Spezza.

So we sign Garrison and trade for Murray, and our D looks like this:

Garrison - Karlsson
Phillips - Murray
Cowen - Gonchar
Borowiecki

Oh dear, Murray probably plays the left side, and I just put him on his off-side...universe...collapsing....

Well, ignoring that possibility, that looks to be some solid D, other than what people may think about Gonchar.

If Garrison is that good.... don't you think Florida would re-sign him?

There's a problem with waiting this long IMO. Same with Parise.

If those guys really wanted to be in their respective cities with their clubs, they would have signed by now. Parise would have given them a bit of a break and taken a 6 x 6 or 6.5 max. Garrison would have agreed to a 3.5 X 3, but the fact that it's not done likely means they want to test the market and see what kind of offers they get - and then if they go back to those clubs and they agree to match the highest offer, it all works out - but how often have you seen that?

Almost the same issue with Kuba. What's done - or not done in these instances - speak volumes.

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by Riprock on Mon May 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Not sure I can see Parise leaving. Captain of a team on the verge of going to the East Finals.

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 11867
Age: 30
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Riprock wrote:Not sure I can see Parise leaving. Captain of a team on the verge of going to the East Finals.

Yeah, as I was writing it I thought that might be an exception to the rule. Still...most of the time that rule comes into play big time. If you can't put pen to paper during the many, many months available for you to negotiate, you're just not trying very hard IMO.

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by Riprock on Mon May 07, 2012 7:18 pm

You always hear that players and management do no want to talk business during playoffs. They prefer to get a deal done before or after.

They will find a way to re-sign him at all costs. Should he ant to leave, I jump all over that of course. I just think it is wishful thinking.

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 11867
Age: 30
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Riprock wrote:You always hear that players and management do no want to talk business during playoffs. They prefer to get a deal done before or after.

They will find a way to re-sign him at all costs. Should he ant to leave, I jump all over that of course. I just think it is wishful thinking.

It's more than wishful thinking, it's a set up for disappointment. That guy is amazing, if the Devils lose him...he'll go somewhere in the US I'm sure.

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by Michallica on Mon May 07, 2012 7:46 pm

I think he'll stick with the devils once they get rid of Volchenkov's contract....but they got a whole summer to figure that out. I was secretly hoping for Florida, and then Philly to knock out Jersey because I think a final 4 appearance will re-ignite his faith in the franchise. And as mentioned already, he's the captain and its a feel-good story in Newark.

Michallica
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 7288
Age: 29
Location: O-town
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by Ev on Mon May 07, 2012 7:54 pm

the problem with the Devils is money. They are almost broke if reports are true

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 16390
Age: 23
Location: Methottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 pm

^ True.

_________________
‏@b_ryan9 Ottawa.... Im coming in hot

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by NEELY on Mon May 07, 2012 9:24 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:All depends what they are looking for. IMO they need a bomb of a LH shot on the 1st PP unit to take some pressure off Karlsson and Spezza.

So we sign Garrison and trade for Murray, and our D looks like this:

Garrison - Karlsson
Phillips - Murray
Cowen - Gonchar
Borowiecki

Oh dear, Murray probably plays the left side, and I just put him on his off-side...universe...collapsing....

Well, ignoring that possibility, that looks to be some solid D, other than what people may think about Gonchar.

If Garrison is that good.... don't you think Florida would re-sign him?

There's a problem with waiting this long IMO. Same with Parise.

If those guys really wanted to be in their respective cities with their clubs, they would have signed by now. Parise would have given them a bit of a break and taken a 6 x 6 or 6.5 max. Garrison would have agreed to a 3.5 X 3, but the fact that it's not done likely means they want to test the market and see what kind of offers they get - and then if they go back to those clubs and they agree to match the highest offer, it all works out - but how often have you seen that?

Almost the same issue with Kuba. What's done - or not done in these instances - speak volumes.

Chris Neil signed after noon on July 1 so I wouldn't read too much into things.

Fact of the matter is the biggest need will be a top 4 D man who plays a physical game. Yah, there is room for a top 6 forward but it isn't such a huge need that can't be filled from within (at least not potentially). I don't think they will sell the farm to get that D man but if the right deal comes along they have the 1st rounder, they have Zibanejad, and some other parts to go along with that.

I say Zibanejad because Da Costa may be the 3rd line center they truly want. I'm not saying Zibanejad is a bust or will bust or suggesting he won't be a beast but he could very well be a chip they play with if the RIGHT DEAL came along.

NEELY
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 17482
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by Ev on Mon May 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Da Costa will never be a third line centre. He is pure offence.

edit: he could be if they wanted scoring on all three lines but I would prefer the grinding bottom 2 lines. Not my decision to make though lol

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 16390
Age: 23
Location: Methottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Mon May 07, 2012 10:39 pm

They won't deal Zibanejad this year - I have strong doubts they do period. At the very worst, I think he can slot in as a 3C who can score, grind and hit, something that Da Costa most likely will have issues doing because of his size. In 2-3 years we might see one of them (or another high end prospect like Puempel) be traded, but I don't think it'll be this summer.

I've been wrong before - a fair bit too, so we'll see.

_________________
‏@b_ryan9 Ottawa.... Im coming in hot

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by Ev on Mon May 07, 2012 10:54 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:They won't deal Zibanejad this year - I have strong doubts they do period. At the very worst, I think he can slot in as a 3C who can score, grind and hit, something that Da Costa most likely will have issues doing because of his size. In 2-3 years we might see one of them (or another high end prospect like Puempel) be traded, but I don't think it'll be this summer.

I've been wrong before - a fair bit too, so we'll see.

They won't trade him. He's the exact type of player this team lacks. Puempel is a guy you can easily part with.

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 16390
Age: 23
Location: Methottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by Flo The Action on Tue May 08, 2012 2:40 am

see I disagree, pumpel could end up being a second line sniper we need. Note sure if he could become a 1st liner but you need one of those guys on the second line. Zib seems more of a gamble at times. he can play the NHL I don't doubt but can he be an effective productive top 6 as he was slotted leaves to be confirmed.

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 7221
Age: 38
Location: montreal
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by tim1_2 on Tue May 08, 2012 7:28 am

sandysensfan wrote:

If Garrison is that good.... don't you think Florida would re-sign him?

It takes two sides to sign a deal. Florida has likely talked to his agent about resigning, but if I'm one of the top-scoring d-men (Garrison), and I know the free agent market this summer is weak (it is), and this is my shot at my first big money deal (it is), then I really want to get to free agency and see what kind of deal I can get.

We'll see.

tim1_2
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 9615
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by NEELY on Tue May 08, 2012 7:42 am

Garrison is moving on for sure. This may indeed be his only pay day and it very well could be a case of buyer beware. Penner is a guy that looks like might get an extension by the Kings based on this playoff. If they win the cup he's staying.

_________________
Lehner created God.

NEELY
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 17482
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by NEELY on Tue May 08, 2012 7:55 am

In all seriousness I think Brennan steal his articles from this website. How long ago did we talk about moving Anderson and how long ago did we start talking about Penner being a target?

_________________
Lehner created God.

NEELY
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 17482
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by tim1_2 on Tue May 08, 2012 8:46 am

If his next article is about Garrison.....

tim1_2
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 9615
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Tue May 08, 2012 9:35 am

tim1_2 wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

If Garrison is that good.... don't you think Florida would re-sign him?

It takes two sides to sign a deal. Florida has likely talked to his agent about resigning, but if I'm one of the top-scoring d-men (Garrison), and I know the free agent market this summer is weak (it is), and this is my shot at my first big money deal (it is), then I really want to get to free agency and see what kind of deal I can get.

We'll see.

Exactly. He'll see what he can get from teams like Ottawa.

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 am

NEELY wrote:Garrison is moving on for sure. This may indeed be his only pay day and it very well could be a case of buyer beware. Penner is a guy that looks like might get an extension by the Kings based on this playoff. If they win the cup he's staying.

He's doing well under Sutter. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by SpezDispenser on Tue May 08, 2012 9:40 am

Just read that article and I feel confident in saying that's not a picture of Penner attached to it.

_________________
‏@b_ryan9 Ottawa.... Im coming in hot

SpezDispenser
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number of posts: 47119
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by Ev on Tue May 08, 2012 11:16 am

Flo The Action wrote:see I disagree, pumpel could end up being a second line sniper we need. Note sure if he could become a 1st liner but you need one of those guys on the second line. Zib seems more of a gamble at times. he can play the NHL I don't doubt but can he be an effective productive top 6 as he was slotted leaves to be confirmed.

He is guaranteed to be an effective top 6 player. Matt Puempel has a long ways to go before even getting into an NHL game. Zibanejad already has 9.

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 16390
Age: 23
Location: Methottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by spader on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 am

Well? After one day of FA, how're we gonna line up?

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Number of posts: 7373
Age: 34
Location: La Loche, Saskatchewan
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2009-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by NEELY on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:08 am

Michalek/Spezza/Silfverberg
Latendresse/Turris/Alfi
Stone/Regin/Neil
Greening/JOB/Smith
Daugavins/Condra

Methot/Karlsson
Cowen/Gonchar
Phillips/Lundin-Borowiecki
Lundin-Borowiecki

Anderson
Bishop (still think he may be dealt).
Lehner

Don't think Zibanejad will make it out of camp, believe he has regressed a little whether it's his fault or not. Don't think the Sens are all that happy with him either and he needs to start to figure out how to put up some numbers at a lower level before he can do it in the NHL. you don't draft a kid 6th overall to be a 20-20 guy on your third line.

As for the lineup, I think it's better than what they finished the year with. A guy like Karlsson you want someone who will stick up for him game in and game out. Methot or Cowen is a tough bell to answer. Last year whether it was E.Kane taking a run or Boyle, there was no response from Kuba and IMO that's where they wanted the change.

Up front, not a huge Foligno fan and I love Latendresse game so this is easily a step up if Latendresse's concussion issues are behind him. He's a guy whp's worst year in goals will be better than Foligno's best. That's what you need in your top 2 lines, a guy who can out the puck in the net.

Lundin, solid depth, that's it. Simply a plug until more guys are ready or at least prove they are. Sens will run with 14 forwards and 7 D this year for sure.

NEELY
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 17482
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by NEELY on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:34 am

Also, people saying the Sens a ton of toughness yesterday... where is this coming from? Between Konopka and Carkner they didn't even play a full season. I think they were both huge in the playoffs but they are not everyday players. Your everday players that were moved out yesterday were Kuba and Folgino, Methot and Latendresse are tougher than both of them on every level.

The Sens added every day toughness yesterday, didn't subtract. The Sens are quickly becoming a very big team. Spezza, Michalek (those 2 play a little smaller) Greening, Smith, Latendresse, Stone, Neosen, Zibanejad, Sifverberg, Neil, these guys are large. Back end the only guy who (long term) that isn't a tough player is Karlsson but he has a Norris and will be an all-star for the next 15 years. Methot, Borowiecki, Cowen, Phillips, these guys are all big and play hard.

Sens won't be pushed around because they can't be. An elephant isn't the toughest or most aggressive animal but you mess with one and your face will be stomped in.

_________________
Lehner created God.

NEELY
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number of posts: 17482
Age: 31
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by wprager on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:16 am

NEELY wrote:Michalek/Spezza/Silfverberg
Latendresse/Turris/Alfi
Stone/Regin/Neil
Greening/JOB/Smith
Daugavins/Condra

Methot/Karlsson
Cowen/Gonchar
Phillips/Lundin-Borowiecki
Lundin-Borowiecki

Anderson
Bishop (still think he may be dealt).
Lehner

Don't think Zibanejad will make it out of camp, believe he has regressed a little whether it's his fault or not. Don't think the Sens are all that happy with him either and he needs to start to figure out how to put up some numbers at a lower level before he can do it in the NHL. you don't draft a kid 6th overall to be a 20-20 guy on your third line.

As for the lineup, I think it's better than what they finished the year with. A guy like Karlsson you want someone who will stick up for him game in and game out. Methot or Cowen is a tough bell to answer. Last year whether it was E.Kane taking a run or Boyle, there was no response from Kuba and IMO that's where they wanted the change.

Up front, not a huge Foligno fan and I love Latendresse game so this is easily a step up if Latendresse's concussion issues are behind him. He's a guy whp's worst year in goals will be better than Foligno's best. That's what you need in your top 2 lines, a guy who can out the puck in the net.

Lundin, solid depth, that's it. Simply a plug until more guys are ready or at least prove they are. Sens will run with 14 forwards and 7 D this year for sure.

I had Alfie and Silfverberg flipped between the two top lines but that was my top-six as well. In the bottom six, though, you have JOB and Daugavins -- both RFAs yet unsigned. If both are signed we are up to 48 contracts with DaCosta and Gryba being the other two. Then there's Ceci -- no need to sign him yet, but if he shows well in camp, who knows. Right now, without more moves, it's between Gryba, Ceci and one of Lundin/Boro playing their off-side. If Ceci outplays the others he'll need a contract.

I think it's going to be Bishop+ for a top-four RH defenseman. We need this just to reach the floor. Boyle will bring us to the floor, and at 35 he can still be effective for the 2 years left on his contract. Ottawa native, could work with Ceci next year, probably could be had for a lot less when his current contract expires. Bishop+ for Boyle+? But then where does he play 5-5? He's not a bottom pairing guy, and neither is Gonchar. And if we move Gonchar we're not much further ahead getting to the floor.

_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts: 35592
Age: 52
Location: Kanata
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012/13 Lineup

Post by stempniaksen on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:26 am

Latendresse is in no way tougher than Nick Foligno, being a big guy doesn't always equal toughness.

Also, in regards to the RHD question, apparently Lundin can play the right side. I'd have to find the article again, but it listed him as being able to play both sides.

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts: 1960
Age: 24
Location: Ottawa
Favorite Team: Ottawa
Registration date: 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum