Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Share

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 10, 2012 12:41 pm

    Riprock wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:No Marshy's though I hear...

    Funny that DashRiprock mentioned Gow's in Bell's Corners..I used to go there in high school. They have a small, cheap, yummy buffet. And they would serve alcohol to underage high schoolers. And they are conveniently located next to an animal hospital.

    Thanks for ruining Gows for me, Tim. :crossarms:

    At least their ingredients are fresh. Not trucked in from god knows where.

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16437
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu May 10, 2012 12:48 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Riprock wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:No Marshy's though I hear...

    Funny that DashRiprock mentioned Gow's in Bell's Corners..I used to go there in high school. They have a small, cheap, yummy buffet. And they would serve alcohol to underage high schoolers. And they are conveniently located next to an animal hospital.

    Thanks for ruining Gows for me, Tim. :crossarms:

    At least their ingredients are fresh. Not trucked in from god knows where.

    What better way to pay respect to freshly, dearly departed Fluffy than to eat him in "chicken" ball form?

    Isn't that the true spirit of recycling?

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 10, 2012 1:02 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Riprock wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:No Marshy's though I hear...

    Funny that DashRiprock mentioned Gow's in Bell's Corners..I used to go there in high school. They have a small, cheap, yummy buffet. And they would serve alcohol to underage high schoolers. And they are conveniently located next to an animal hospital.

    Thanks for ruining Gows for me, Tim. :crossarms:

    At least their ingredients are fresh. Not trucked in from god knows where.

    What better way to pay respect to freshly, dearly departed Fluffy than to eat him in "chicken" ball form?

    Isn't that the true spirit of recycling?

    Man, I want to edit your post so bad. But the "Chink in the Armour" / Jeremy Lin backlash tells me I shouldn't. Beer
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by Riprock on Thu May 10, 2012 4:00 pm

    I am making chile - my own recipe. Just tossed together some store bought items with some left over veg stuff I had left over in the fridge.

    Dark Red Kidney Beans, Romano Beans, 1 can whole tomatoes, 2 cans diced chili style tomatoes, celery, red & green pepper, red and green onions, cumin, chili powder, crushed red pepper powder, crushed chili flakes, chopped garlic cloves, salt and pepper, brown sugar and cinnamon.

    So far a little heavy on the spicy side, but tastes pretty damn good. Should be a nice chilly, rainy day, May dinner.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm

    Riprock wrote:I am making chile - my own recipe. Just tossed together some store bought items with some left over veg stuff I had left over in the fridge.

    Dark Red Kidney Beans, Romano Beans, 1 can whole tomatoes, 2 cans diced chili style tomatoes, celery, red & green pepper, red and green onions, cumin, chili powder, crushed red pepper powder, crushed chili flakes, chopped garlic cloves, salt and pepper, brown sugar and cinnamon.

    So far a little heavy on the spicy side, but tastes pretty damn good. Should be a nice chilly, rainy day, May dinner.

    No doubt. Bon appetit! Cheers
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by Riprock on Thu May 10, 2012 4:14 pm

    Thanks Cheers
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by shabbs on Thu May 10, 2012 4:17 pm

    Riprock wrote:I am making chile - my own recipe. Just tossed together some store bought items with some left over veg stuff I had left over in the fridge.

    Dark Red Kidney Beans, Romano Beans, 1 can whole tomatoes, 2 cans diced chili style tomatoes, celery, red & green pepper, red and green onions, cumin, chili powder, crushed red pepper powder, crushed chili flakes, chopped garlic cloves, salt and pepper, brown sugar and cinnamon.

    So far a little heavy on the spicy side, but tastes pretty damn good. Should be a nice chilly, rainy day, May dinner.
    Mmmm chili... here's my Super Bowl Victory Chili Recipe...

    =======================================
    Shabbs' Sweet Super Bowl Victory Chili
    =======================================

    2 lbs of extra lean ground beef
    2 tablespoons of extra light olive oil
    4 cloves of garlic, chopped
    1 Spanish onion, chopped
    1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 can of tomato paste
    1 can of diced tomatoes
    1 can of kidney beans, rinsed
    1 can of mixed beans, rinsed
    1 small bag of baby carrots, rinsed and chopped
    1 cup of sweet onion chipotle bbq sauce

    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1 package of chili pepper seasoning

    Salt and pepper to taste

    1. Cook the ground beef in a nonstick skillet breaking apart the meat with a spoon until well browned; drain off any fat, then return to skillet.

    2. Add in the oil, chopped bell peppers, onions and garlic; mix and cook until softened (about 10-15 minutes).

    3. In the slow cooker, mix together beans, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, carrots, bbq sauce then add in the beef mixture.

    4. Add in the chili powder, cilantro, parsley, cumin, salt and pepper and stir to coat.

    5. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6-8 hours until flavors are blended, stirring occasionally.

    Add your own hot sauces/spices on the go depending on your "heat" preference.

    Serving size: this makes a ton of chili and will pretty much fill your crock pot. Lots of left overs.

    Beauty.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 10, 2012 4:19 pm

    shabbs wrote:
    Riprock wrote:I am making chile - my own recipe. Just tossed together some store bought items with some left over veg stuff I had left over in the fridge.

    Dark Red Kidney Beans, Romano Beans, 1 can whole tomatoes, 2 cans diced chili style tomatoes, celery, red & green pepper, red and green onions, cumin, chili powder, crushed red pepper powder, crushed chili flakes, chopped garlic cloves, salt and pepper, brown sugar and cinnamon.

    So far a little heavy on the spicy side, but tastes pretty damn good. Should be a nice chilly, rainy day, May dinner.
    Mmmm chili... here's my Super Bowl Victory Chili Recipe...

    =======================================
    Shabbs' Sweet Super Bowl Victory Chili
    =======================================

    2 lbs of extra lean ground beef
    .

    How I know this can't possibly be Shabbsesseses recipe. Laugh1

    Looks good, though. Cheers
    avatar
    Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 11867
    Age : 33
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by Riprock on Thu May 10, 2012 4:22 pm

    Thats a killer recipe dude. Lots of fillings. I was going to add chipotle peppers (in adobo sauce) but I couldn't get them at Wal-Mart Sad

    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by shabbs on Thu May 10, 2012 6:01 pm

    It's wicked hearty... warms the belly...
    avatar
    Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1680
    Age : 95
    Location : Forth Worth, Texas
    Favorite Team : Dallas
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by Number Twenty Nine on Thu May 10, 2012 6:39 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:You can't eat pizza for lunch, but poutine is alright?

    I'm with you on the pizza thing though...puts me to sleep. Which, come to think of it, isn't a bad way to spend an afternoon.

    I have a bit of a poutine problem. But yeah, I just can't get into pizza for lunch. It's more of an evening food for me.

    I loves me some poutine. If you're ever in Stittsville (and why wouldn't you be, it's clearly awesome), check out the fry truck in the Rona parking lot, and order the large poutine. You will not be disappointed. Well, at least not while you're eating it.

    Check.

    Mid week North End Pizza deal - free poutine with pizza purchase....
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by shabbs on Thu May 10, 2012 8:12 pm

    Poutine is a tough one... easy to Diddle it up... gotta be the right gravy, the right cheese, the right fries... and it's gotta be hot. Elgin Street Diner has some good poutine... and it's open 24-hours baby!

    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20939
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by Ev on Thu May 10, 2012 9:47 pm

    Wendy's has potine...they say it comes with fries, cheese curds, and "poutine sauce".
    avatar
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2728
    Age : 50
    Location : Colorado springs, colorado
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by TheAvatar on Thu May 10, 2012 11:17 pm

    Number Twenty Nine wrote:2 Costco extra large = $20.

    2 large Little Caesar $10

    Homemade pizza on the Big Green Egg ... Priceless!
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by shabbs on Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 am

    Big Ev wrote:Wendy's has potine...they say it comes with fries, cheese curds, and "poutine sauce".
    Yeah, I'd be a bit leery about "fast food" poutine... have not tried Wendy's...
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri May 11, 2012 9:18 am

    Number Twenty Nine wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:You can't eat pizza for lunch, but poutine is alright?

    I'm with you on the pizza thing though...puts me to sleep. Which, come to think of it, isn't a bad way to spend an afternoon.

    I have a bit of a poutine problem. But yeah, I just can't get into pizza for lunch. It's more of an evening food for me.

    I loves me some poutine. If you're ever in Stittsville (and why wouldn't you be, it's clearly awesome), check out the fry truck in the Rona parking lot, and order the large poutine. You will not be disappointed. Well, at least not while you're eating it.

    Check.

    Mid week North End Pizza deal - free poutine with pizza purchase....

    In Morrisburg, you get poutine every day with pizza purchase. True story. North End is definitely on the to-do list.

    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri May 11, 2012 9:19 am

    shabbs wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:Wendy's has potine...they say it comes with fries, cheese curds, and "poutine sauce".
    Yeah, I'd be a bit leery about "fast food" poutine... have not tried Wendy's...

    The gravy's not great, IMO. I think the best in the fast-food poutine category is A&W.
    avatar
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

    Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by shabbs on Fri May 11, 2012 9:49 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:Wendy's has potine...they say it comes with fries, cheese curds, and "poutine sauce".
    Yeah, I'd be a bit leery about "fast food" poutine... have not tried Wendy's...

    The gravy's not great, IMO. I think the best in the fast-food poutine category is A&W.
    Must visit A&W one of these days... it has been a very long time... Swiss Chalet has poutine that isn't too shabby either.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:23 pm