Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24763
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri May 11, 2012 9:18 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:You can't eat pizza for lunch, but poutine is alright?

I'm with you on the pizza thing though...puts me to sleep. Which, come to think of it, isn't a bad way to spend an afternoon.

I have a bit of a poutine problem. But yeah, I just can't get into pizza for lunch. It's more of an evening food for me.

I loves me some poutine. If you're ever in Stittsville (and why wouldn't you be, it's clearly awesome), check out the fry truck in the Rona parking lot, and order the large poutine. You will not be disappointed. Well, at least not while you're eating it.

Check.

Mid week North End Pizza deal - free poutine with pizza purchase....

In Morrisburg, you get poutine every day with pizza purchase. True story. North End is definitely on the to-do list.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri May 11, 2012 9:19 am

shabbs wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:Wendy's has potine...they say it comes with fries, cheese curds, and "poutine sauce".
    Yeah, I'd be a bit leery about "fast food" poutine... have not tried Wendy's...

The gravy's not great, IMO. I think the best in the fast-food poutine category is A&W.

shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Fri May 11, 2012 9:49 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    shabbs wrote:
    Big Ev wrote:Wendy's has potine...they say it comes with fries, cheese curds, and "poutine sauce".

The gravy's not great, IMO. I think the best in the fast-food poutine category is A&W.
    Must visit A&W one of these days... it has been a very long time... Swiss Chalet has poutine that isn't too shabby either.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri May 11, 2012 10:07 am

shabbs wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    shabbs wrote:

Must visit A&W one of these days... it has been a very long time... Swiss Chalet has poutine that isn't too shabby either.

Swiss Chalet is one of those places that I like but never get around to going to but... I have had the poutine!!! Smiths Falls it was...
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47801
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Fri May 11, 2012 3:44 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    shabbs wrote:

Best fast-food poutine I ever tasted (which is a small sample size) was a PFK in by the Droval airport (PFK = Polet Frit Kentucky). Can't vouch for any others.

The worst is probably the Burger King here, in Morgan's Grant. They put salt on their fries (usually too much), then they put salty cheese curds on top, then pour a very salty gravy over it all). I am a bit of a saltaholic, but that was way too much for me.

Number Twenty Nine
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 1680
    Favorite Team : Dallas
    Registration date : 2008-08-06

Post by Number Twenty Nine on Fri May 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Best Poutine bar none is LaBelle Province in Quebec. Curds used - No stinking mozzarella.
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 9235
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

Post by Hoags on Sat May 12, 2012 8:51 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:

The Wendy's poutine is gross, mostly the gravy, it tastes like some gravy mix + water (probably what it is). I've had Burger King poutine and it's better (even the one at Morgan's Grant since I work there).

My favorites for poutine in Ottawa are Spud's and TV's fries at Hunt Club & Merivale. I could eat that all day.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat May 12, 2012 10:10 am

You work at the MGBK? Tell them to use less salt. And if you ever see a guy in a minivan doing the drive through on Monday around 5:30 and ordering 4 King Deal Meals it's probably me (Mondays are crazy nights -- got to get the kids to Barrhaven for 6:30).

Riprock
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 11867

Post by Riprock on Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 am

I think he meant he works in MG and goes to the BK there.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat May 12, 2012 10:35 am

Riprock wrote:I think he meant he works in MG and goes to the BK there.

Oh, in that case, please complain more about the salt. If more people speak up maybe they'll listen. Can't beat a $1.99 Whopper on Wednesdays or their coupons -- e.g. McD's "Get One Free" means you have to buy a BigMac with fries and drink and get a second one free; BK you just buy one whopper and the the second one free. While I don't advocate eating two whopperss, it's certainly better on both your wallet and our health to not top it off with fries and a drink.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sat May 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Best Poutine bar none is LaBelle Province in Quebec. Curds used - No stinking mozzarella.

I give mozzarella a pass in pizzeria poutine because it's expected. I got pizzeria poutine in Mascouche and it had curds, though. Noice. Easily a pound of curds in a large.
    shabbs
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 31416
    Location : I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
    Registration date : 2008-08-12

Post by shabbs on Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 pm

I love cheese curds. We call it squeaky cheese. So good. Up there with snacking bacon.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat May 12, 2012 10:56 pm

shabbs wrote:I love cheese curds. We call it squeaky cheese. So good. Up there with snacking bacon.

That's exactly what we call it -- squeaky cheese.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun May 13, 2012 9:28 am

shabbs wrote:I love cheese curds. We call it squeaky cheese. So good. Up there with snacking bacon.

When I was a kid we would stop at St. Albert's on the way to visit family east of there (coming from Ottawa) almost every week. Curds and Fanta Cream Soda. Heaven.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:04 pm