You are not connected. Please login or register

» Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » Random Thoughts - NON Hockey talk » Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

Are they crooks or grossly incompetent?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

61Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 2:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:Anyone here that lives in Ottawa and has yet to try House of Georgie's pizza and gravy?

I only work in Ottawa and I pledge to you that I shall sample their wares THIS WEEK!!!

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

62Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:But, come on, 5 bucks for a pizza? Isn't this whole thread about a 46 dollar pizza?

Actually it's about $46 for TWO pizzas.

That's more like it then.

Just think...in the States, that $46 could have got 9 large Little Caesar pizzas. But then the heart surgery would cost about $35K. Here, that same surgery is free. Such are the tradeoffs, I suppose.

that's what insurance is for Nod

63Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:Anyone here that lives in Ottawa and has yet to try House of Georgie's pizza and gravy?

I only work in Ottawa and I pledge to you that I shall sample their wares THIS WEEK!!!

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

And you so close to North End Pizza and all.........

64Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Number Twenty Nine wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

I pledge to have some of that fine pie THIS MONTH!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

65Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Never had it.

66Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
ps: food thread are the best

67Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 3:34 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Remember when Cornwall takeout joints had the "mixed grill?" I think it was a couple o' chops, sausages, bacon and liver all smothered in a rich gravy. Beer

68Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Gilmour between Elgin and Metcalfe. Pepperoni and gravy is their top-seller.

69Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 4:29 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:

Never had it.

It's a dirty little treat.

70Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Pizza and gravy?....

71Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 6:45 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Big Ev wrote:Pizza and gravy?....
A must try...

72Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Mon May 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star
Me and my wife got real sick at Little Caesear's in Barrhaven. Their pizza is disgusting, I remember it tasting like real pizza as a kid, it tastes like styrofoam with marinara sauce now. I love Crazy Bread though.

I haven't had a good pizza in Ottawa for a while now, I used to order at 2 for 1 (or was it 1 for 1) a long time ago and I thought it was pretty good but they seem to raise their prices every year.

Topper's is pretty good if anyone's tried it.

tim1_2 wrote:How about any of the following:

Joe's Pizza (Near the Coliseum, on Carling..not sure if they are still there)

I grew up eating at that place when we lived near there, surprisingly it's still there. I've been meaning to try and see if it's as good as I remember it, haven't gotten around to it.

73Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 12:37 am

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Little Caesars can't be as bad as Pizza Pizza, can it? I just don't understand why the kids love it.

Thinking back to my younger days, when I was working at a summer camp in the Laurentians (mid-to-late '70s) we got this pizza from a little tiny place in St. Jerome. I must have been very hungry or it was the best pizza I ever had, because I remember eating 6 pieces of a Jumbo -- it was half the pizza. I don't think I could eat more than 3 pieces today.

It can, and it is. Much worse. Think of the difference between Pizza Pizza (which is pretty bad pizza) and deli counter pizza from a bargain grocery store like Food Basics (which qualifies as pizza only in the most broad definitions). Little Caesers is somewhere between the two on the pizza continuum.

EDIT: This is ridiculous. I just went to LC's website to see if anything's changed since I last ate there. They have a list of signature pizzas paired with descriptions. Under "Cheese Pizza" (which is just a regular cheese pizza) they have the following explanation:

* This specialty item is offered in select markets. Contact your local Little Caesars Pizza restaurant for availability.

It's a cheese pizza! This is a pizza franchise! I'm at a loss. Facepalm

http://www.littlecaesars.ca/pizza/cheese_pizza.asp

The problem with Little Caesar's now is that since their $5 pizza became so popular that is the focus of their business now. There are drive-thru Little Caesars here in Calgary (1 that I know of). So it's become more fast food than actual quality food. Their pizza are allegedly not even fresh. Apparently, they are frozen and delivered to the store, then cooked and put under a heat lamp.

Still hand made here in PA. Cooked in the same conveyor belt oven as Costco.

Even still, I like my food fresh. Not taken out of a heating compartment when I waltz into the store. God only knows how long it's been there. It's not the cooking I take issue with it's the allegedly frozen pizza that comes to the store premade then kept warm with heated lamps after it is cooked that is just wrong. Hot n' Ready sure, just not Hot 'n Fresh.

74Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 12:38 am

hemlock

hemlock
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:Me and my wife got real sick at Little Caesear's in Barrhaven. Their pizza is disgusting, I remember it tasting like real pizza as a kid, it tastes like styrofoam with marinara sauce now. I love Crazy Bread though.

I haven't had a good pizza in Ottawa for a while now, I used to order at 2 for 1 (or was it 1 for 1) a long time ago and I thought it was pretty good but they seem to raise their prices every year.

Topper's is pretty good if anyone's tried it.

tim1_2 wrote:How about any of the following:

Joe's Pizza (Near the Coliseum, on Carling..not sure if they are still there)

I grew up eating at that place when we lived near there, surprisingly it's still there. I've been meaning to try and see if it's as good as I remember it, haven't gotten around to it.

Love Joe's! I used to eat it all the time when I worked at Microplay next door.

75Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 7:40 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There was a Lorenzo's on Adeline St. when I was working near Rochester and Carling back in the late 90's. I remember they had a wicked wicked cream of broccoli soup there. Not sure if they are still there and if they still have that soup. Damn it was good.

76Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 8:46 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran
hemlock wrote:
hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Little Caesars can't be as bad as Pizza Pizza, can it? I just don't understand why the kids love it.

Thinking back to my younger days, when I was working at a summer camp in the Laurentians (mid-to-late '70s) we got this pizza from a little tiny place in St. Jerome. I must have been very hungry or it was the best pizza I ever had, because I remember eating 6 pieces of a Jumbo -- it was half the pizza. I don't think I could eat more than 3 pieces today.

It can, and it is. Much worse. Think of the difference between Pizza Pizza (which is pretty bad pizza) and deli counter pizza from a bargain grocery store like Food Basics (which qualifies as pizza only in the most broad definitions). Little Caesers is somewhere between the two on the pizza continuum.

EDIT: This is ridiculous. I just went to LC's website to see if anything's changed since I last ate there. They have a list of signature pizzas paired with descriptions. Under "Cheese Pizza" (which is just a regular cheese pizza) they have the following explanation:

* This specialty item is offered in select markets. Contact your local Little Caesars Pizza restaurant for availability.

It's a cheese pizza! This is a pizza franchise! I'm at a loss. Facepalm

http://www.littlecaesars.ca/pizza/cheese_pizza.asp

The problem with Little Caesar's now is that since their $5 pizza became so popular that is the focus of their business now. There are drive-thru Little Caesars here in Calgary (1 that I know of). So it's become more fast food than actual quality food. Their pizza are allegedly not even fresh. Apparently, they are frozen and delivered to the store, then cooked and put under a heat lamp.

Still hand made here in PA. Cooked in the same conveyor belt oven as Costco.

Even still, I like my food fresh. Not taken out of a heating compartment when I waltz into the store. God only knows how long it's been there. It's not the cooking I take issue with it's the allegedly frozen pizza that comes to the store premade then kept warm with heated lamps after it is cooked that is just wrong. Hot n' Ready sure, just not Hot 'n Fresh.

My local LC never has any HnR's ready, so they're always "fresh" for me. If you order ahead, then will be fresh as well. Pizza in the burgh is pretty disgusting when you are used to Montreal/Eastern Ontario. That's why if I want a great pie, I make my own.

77Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I've never seen anyone so passionate about cream of broccoli soup....although it is delicious.

78Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? - Page 5 Empty Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 9:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tim1_2 wrote:I've never seen anyone so passionate about cream of broccoli soup....although it is delicious.
Heh. It is really good soup. Broccoli soup is really easy to mess up. Over cooked broccoli is HORRA-AWFUL. They get it right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum