76 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 8:46 am

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran
hemlock wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:
hemlock wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Little Caesars can't be as bad as Pizza Pizza, can it? I just don't understand why the kids love it.

Thinking back to my younger days, when I was working at a summer camp in the Laurentians (mid-to-late '70s) we got this pizza from a little tiny place in St. Jerome. I must have been very hungry or it was the best pizza I ever had, because I remember eating 6 pieces of a Jumbo -- it was half the pizza. I don't think I could eat more than 3 pieces today.

It can, and it is. Much worse. Think of the difference between Pizza Pizza (which is pretty bad pizza) and deli counter pizza from a bargain grocery store like Food Basics (which qualifies as pizza only in the most broad definitions). Little Caesers is somewhere between the two on the pizza continuum.

EDIT: This is ridiculous. I just went to LC's website to see if anything's changed since I last ate there. They have a list of signature pizzas paired with descriptions. Under "Cheese Pizza" (which is just a regular cheese pizza) they have the following explanation:

* This specialty item is offered in select markets. Contact your local Little Caesars Pizza restaurant for availability.

It's a cheese pizza! This is a pizza franchise! I'm at a loss. Facepalm

http://www.littlecaesars.ca/pizza/cheese_pizza.asp

The problem with Little Caesar's now is that since their $5 pizza became so popular that is the focus of their business now. There are drive-thru Little Caesars here in Calgary (1 that I know of). So it's become more fast food than actual quality food. Their pizza are allegedly not even fresh. Apparently, they are frozen and delivered to the store, then cooked and put under a heat lamp.

Still hand made here in PA. Cooked in the same conveyor belt oven as Costco.

Even still, I like my food fresh. Not taken out of a heating compartment when I waltz into the store. God only knows how long it's been there. It's not the cooking I take issue with it's the allegedly frozen pizza that comes to the store premade then kept warm with heated lamps after it is cooked that is just wrong. Hot n' Ready sure, just not Hot 'n Fresh.

My local LC never has any HnR's ready, so they're always "fresh" for me. If you order ahead, then will be fresh as well. Pizza in the burgh is pretty disgusting when you are used to Montreal/Eastern Ontario. That's why if I want a great pie, I make my own.

77 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I've never seen anyone so passionate about cream of broccoli soup....although it is delicious.

78 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 9:00 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
tim1_2 wrote:I've never seen anyone so passionate about cream of broccoli soup....although it is delicious.
Heh. It is really good soup. Broccoli soup is really easy to mess up. Over cooked broccoli is HORRA-AWFUL. They get it right.

79 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 9:45 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:There was a Lorenzo's on Adeline St. when I was working near Rochester and Carling back in the late 90's. I remember they had a wicked wicked cream of broccoli soup there. Not sure if they are still there and if they still have that soup. Damn it was good.

They just switched owners about a month ago. I also dig cream of broccoli soup but I guess I missed out.

The place is now called "Adeline's." Clever.

80 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 12:21 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Pizza and gravy?....
A must try...

That's an understatement, right there.

81 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 12:43 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There was another place near by when I worked at Rochester and Carling... it was Le Kim Chi - a Korean restaurant. I remember they had a wicked spicy shredded beef soup with noodles. Oh man it was good. Damn... could go for some spicy beef soup right about now...

82 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 12:45 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Ha. I went for Korean last night. Love it.

83 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 12:48 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:There was another place near by when I worked at Rochester and Carling... it was Le Kim Chi - a Korean restaurant. I remember they had a wicked spicy shredded beef soup with noodles. Oh man it was good. Damn... could go for some spicy beef soup right about now...

I was just there last Thursday.

84 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 12:55 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:There was another place near by when I worked at Rochester and Carling... it was Le Kim Chi - a Korean restaurant. I remember they had a wicked spicy shredded beef soup with noodles. Oh man it was good. Damn... could go for some spicy beef soup right about now...

:crossarms:

85 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 12:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

If it makes you feel better, I didn't have the beef soup. Beer

86 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 12:58 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Mmmm...spicy Beef soup...

87 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 12:58 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

It does not.

:crossarms: :crossarms:

88 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 1:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

It does not.

In that case, I'll come clean. I had the soup.

89 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 1:09 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran
I work right by there. Literally a 5 minute walk. I'll have to try it sometime.

90 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 1:21 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

It does not.

In that case, I'll come clean. I had the soup.
Ahhhhh! Dammit! :crossarms: Ahhhhh!

91 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 3:09 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:Anyone here that lives in Ottawa and has yet to try House of Georgie's pizza and gravy?

My friend who now lives in Calgary sometimes still dreams of Georgie's Pizza -- in Lachine (another suburb of Montreal). Small world.

92 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 3:10 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:ps: food thread are the best

We wouldn't need it if they could hold a 1-0 lead in the potential clinching game on home ice. Dammit!

93 Re: Are they crooks or grossly incompetent? on Tue May 08, 2012 3:12 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Big Ev wrote:Pizza and gravy?....

Ever hear of gravy and toast?

(From the same guy that brought us Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum