You are not connected. Please login or register

 » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
^ That's bad news, holy Dung. Laugh1

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Bryzgalov was the Flyers best player in the 2nd round. Their team stunk.

He's terrible, even if he's playing well you know he'll implode at some point. He'll never ever be worth that contract, not even close.

Per Chesnokov:

Russia will not call up #Flyers Bryzgalov for the Worlds. They are sticking with #Avs Varlamov, according to Tretiak.

Tretiak added the coaching staff will call Bryzgalov to explain the situation as a phone call "to show respect" per Tretiak.

Even his home country doesn't want him.

Bryz is not terrible. He had a couple stretches this year where he played quite well. Obviously he made a couple bad plays in the playoffs which will be remembered for a long time. People often tell me that Lalime was a good goalie, but all I can remember is that game 7 versus the Leafs.

Bryz went 33-16-7, had a 2.48 GAA and a .908 save %, and 6 shutouts. On a team with some holes on D at various points in the season. He's not a terrible goalie, and he's not as good as some thought. And, yes, he can be streaky.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Bryzgalov was the Flyers best player in the 2nd round. Their team stunk.



He's terrible, even if he's playing well you know he'll implode at some point. He'll never ever be worth that contract, not even close.

Per Chesnokov:

Russia will not call up #Flyers Bryzgalov for the Worlds. They are sticking with #Avs Varlamov, according to Tretiak.

Tretiak added the coaching staff will call Bryzgalov to explain the situation as a phone call "to show respect" per Tretiak.

Even his home country doesn't want him.

They don't need him, Varlamov is a good goalie. Why put in a goalie who just finished his playoffs yesterday and had a poor performance?

He'll never be worth his contract but the amount of hate he gets is ridiculous. That "blunder" was as much Timonen's fault as his. The Flyers D is among the worst in the league as far as I'm concerned. Put some good D around him and he will be a better goalie (true for all goalies).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Saku Koivu re-signs in Anaheim for one year/3 mil. Old news, but I just saw it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
If there's one thing Anaheim can do, it's keeping their vets around. I have a feeling the warm weather keeps old guys in the mood to keep playing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gainey returns to the Stars...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395519

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SpezDispenser wrote:Saku Koivu re-signs in Anaheim for one year/3 mil. Old news, but I just saw it.
Not that old... only happened yesterday...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395490

His 17th NHL season.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
David Menzies has lost his mind...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/david-menzies/brian-burke_b_1331929.html

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:David Menzies has lost his mind...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/david-menzies/brian-burke_b_1331929.html

Only one sure way to see if he has any point at all. March nekkid on St. Patty's Day. I'll let you know how it goes.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:David Menzies has lost his mind...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/david-menzies/brian-burke_b_1331929.html

Yeah, I saw that earlier today when DGB tweeted something about it. Just atrocious. Takes the whole "Burke-hate" thing to a new level...there were enough reasons to hate him before (have you seen how he wears his tie??), you don't need to go bashing him for standing up for happy rights. Especially when he had a happy son. Especially when that son is now dead.

Talk about a low blow.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Happy rights lol.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
shabbs wrote:Gainey returns to the Stars...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395519

Nice for the Stars IMO.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispenser wrote:Happy rights lol.


Diddle.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It appears Melnyk is getting some money as the Mississauga majors were sold to Elliott Kerr.

Name and uniform changes are expected.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Big Bird to return to Montreal?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395540

The rumour mill is working OT...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
shabbs wrote:Big Bird to return to Montreal?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395540

The rumour mill is working OT...

Remember when this was reported awhile back?

"We've offered our services to the Canadiens in the past and they said no each time. I think that Larry would be very interested."

Larry Freaking Robinson... turned down when HE offered his services. WTF?!?!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Why does he have an agent?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star
Big Ev wrote:It appears Melnyk is getting some money as the Mississauga majors were sold to Elliott Kerr.

Name and uniform changes are expected.

Probably divorce related

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum