Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Share

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 31, 2012 12:40 pm

    shabbs wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:Couldn't Lidstrom have told the Wings he was retiring, in private, so they could plan for the summer and wait for the SCF to be over before making an announcement?
    SOFA KING selfish.

    Wink

    Seems a little gauche for such a perfect franchise.

    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu May 31, 2012 1:46 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:Couldn't Lidstrom have told the Wings he was retiring, in private, so they could plan for the summer and wait for the SCF to be over before making an announcement?

    Patrick Roy did the same thing.....pretty dumb IMO, but I guess its not so un-common

    NEELY
    Mod
    Mod

    Number of posts : 20732
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by NEELY on Thu May 31, 2012 1:51 pm

    Yah, I think this is the point where the Wings go way down hill. If they don't sign Suter... they are in tough.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54585
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by PTFlea on Thu May 31, 2012 1:57 pm

    Problem is, Suter is a far cry from Lidstrom. Everyone is. Gonna be tough.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu May 31, 2012 1:57 pm

    Heh....Lidstrom thanked BMurr in his retirement PC.

    I'm starved for sens news

    EDIT: Pmac too
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54585
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by PTFlea on Thu May 31, 2012 1:59 pm

    Michallica wrote:Heh....Lidstrom thanked BMurr in his retirement PC.

    I'm starved for sens news

    EDIT: Pmac too

    Really? Nice.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by spader on Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 pm

    Laughing3 Please, do yourself a favour and go here http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397239 and read the comments. Select "Lowest rating" and laugh away. Steve Eminger, Markov, and Greg Zanon all made people's top-5 or 10 lists ahead of Lidstrom. My favourite is from FelixPotvin29's list, which reads as follows: 1. Tomas Kaberle 2. Dave Ellett 3. Scott Hannan 4. Eric Desjardin 5. Greg Zanon 6. Kris Letang 7. Mark Streit 8. Kris Russell 9. Nick Lidstrom 10. Adam Foote

    Laughing3
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54585
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by PTFlea on Thu May 31, 2012 2:02 pm

    spader wrote: Laughing3 Please, do yourself a favour and go here http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397239 and read the comments. Select "Lowest rating" and laugh away. Steve Eminger, Markov, and Greg Zanon all made people's top-5 or 10 lists ahead of Lidstrom. My favourite is from FelixPotvin29's list, which reads as follows: 1. Tomas Kaberle 2. Dave Ellett 3. Scott Hannan 4. Eric Desjardin 5. Greg Zanon 6. Kris Letang 7. Mark Streit 8. Kris Russell 9. Nick Lidstrom 10. Adam Foote

    Laughing3

    You're laughing at the mentally challenged there. Smile
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by spader on Thu May 31, 2012 2:04 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:
    spader wrote: Laughing3 Please, do yourself a favour and go here http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397239 and read the comments. Select "Lowest rating" and laugh away. Steve Eminger, Markov, and Greg Zanon all made people's top-5 or 10 lists ahead of Lidstrom. My favourite is from FelixPotvin29's list, which reads as follows: 1. Tomas Kaberle 2. Dave Ellett 3. Scott Hannan 4. Eric Desjardin 5. Greg Zanon 6. Kris Letang 7. Mark Streit 8. Kris Russell 9. Nick Lidstrom 10. Adam Foote

    Laughing3

    You're laughing at the mentally challenged there. Smile

    Did Russell over Lidstrom give it away, or was it Kaberle as the all-time best D-man to play the game? Holy Dung, this is good stuff. Facepalm Laugh1 Laugh1 Facepalm
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48173
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by wprager on Thu May 31, 2012 4:51 pm

    SpezDispenser wrote:Sad that he's leaving. The greedy fan in me wanted to see him another year.

    You have Karlsson. His hockey sense is already ahead of other defensemen. I'm not going to compare it to Lidstrom only to say that, relative to his peers, there are certainly similarities. And on top of that he's got an excellent one-timer (which I would love to see him use more -- way more) and he is one of the best skaters in the game, with a puck, right now.

    Who knows, maybe 20 years from now we will be here talking about Karlsson.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: Lidstrom to announce retirement tomorrow

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:47 pm