You are not connected. Please login or register

» The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » Hockey's Worst Year

Hockey's Worst Year

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Hockey's Worst Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Hockey's Worst Year on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:13 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:We have "C'mon Ref" or whatever that column is called. Maybe next year Fraser takes his gig on the hair.

Wow that's how I read your post Laughing3

17Hockey's Worst Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Hockey's Worst Year on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:48 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Michallica wrote:I will agree that this season was just an absolute head scratcher with regards to the reffing and suspensions. No suspension for the hit on winchester (or penalty), chris neil gets a penalty for getting speared, refs influencing the decision for so many games (many sens games, including game 6 @ home, not to mention game 6 of the cup finals).

I'm hoping the next cba can introduce a coach's challenge....its high time now. And make the refs more accountable. Can't do much in the way of shanahan being more consistent...

Apparently some of the GMs don't want a challenge because of the way that the cameras are set up in each arena. Some are much better than others, putting the owners of the better systems at greater risk of getting more penalties against them in their home games. Of course, that goes both ways (they'd also be able to challenge more confidently, knowing that their video setup will catch whatever infraction they want to challenge), but it still makes them more vulnerable than a team with a terrible setup.

That was the dissent that was reported the last time this issue came up.

18Hockey's Worst Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Hockey's Worst Year on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:02 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:I will agree that this season was just an absolute head scratcher with regards to the reffing and suspensions. No suspension for the hit on winchester (or penalty), chris neil gets a penalty for getting speared, refs influencing the decision for so many games (many sens games, including game 6 @ home, not to mention game 6 of the cup finals).

I'm hoping the next cba can introduce a coach's challenge....its high time now. And make the refs more accountable. Can't do much in the way of shanahan being more consistent...

Apparently some of the GMs don't want a challenge because of the way that the cameras are set up in each arena. Some are much better than others, putting the owners of the better systems at greater risk of getting more penalties against them in their home games. Of course, that goes both ways (they'd also be able to challenge more confidently, knowing that their video setup will catch whatever infraction they want to challenge), but it still makes them more vulnerable than a team with a terrible setup.

That was the dissent that was reported the last time this issue came up.

Sense that does not make.

19Hockey's Worst Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Hockey's Worst Year on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:16 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
After the issue was brought up before, they said that the difference in video equipment at the different arenas meant that different teams would have different abilities to review plays in their own barn. The discrepancy between arenas was enough for them to nix this idea in the past.

20Hockey's Worst Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Hockey's Worst Year on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
They manage to review goals from every arena...they could manage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum